You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 6:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Great story so far. Too bad Parwiz never had the proper equipment or enough hardware to achieve his plans. So far it seems both Brock and I have represented him as a bold tactician willing to take risks.

Also the League and or the nations participating in the Afghanistan operation made some very good decisions in regard to the officers assigned to the mission. IMO it seems their officers tend to lean into being aggressive and adept to improvisation. Kudos.

I thank you too, but I have to give Brock credit for setting the tone of the campaign and curbing my enthusiasm at times.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 2:35am

I like Major Miraki's attitude. Better a few deermined men than a demoralized mass.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 2:42am

I like Major Miraki as well - and unsurprisingly, he's one of Sherzai's men. (We'll see more of Sherzai soon. ;) )

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 2:50pm

Well, clearing out Zaranj didn't take long......
But then again, against a rolling artillery barrage and advancing armoured troops,
there isn't much that horse militia can do.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 3:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
Well, clearing out Zaranj didn't take long......
But then again, against a rolling artillery barrage and advancing armoured troops,
there isn't much that horse militia can do.

That, and the fact that an attack from that direction was completely unexpected. Had the tribal warriors been expecting such an attack, it would have been far more difficult. As it is, I don't think that the action at Zaranj is quite over yet.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:53pm

Nicely written!

Uh oh!

Avoids using the "quagmire" word.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 9:01pm

Thanks.

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 3:03am

DOGFIGHT!

Sorry, not Top Gun cinematic style... ;)

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 3:08am

Most interesting. I wonder will there be a post from the opposite view telling the Nationalist side of the story?

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 3:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Most interesting. I wonder will there be a post from the opposite view telling the Nationalist side of the story?

Good idea! *Goes to write that.*

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 7:43am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Good idea! *Goes to write that.*

Nice touch! I hope he gets the chance for a rematch.

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 2:08pm

Excellent air combat, a great piece.

Sounds to me like the scrap dealers have some picking up to do!

I assume the next task is for the LONAFF air forces to get over there and plaster the airfield?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 4:53pm

I sense I know where the name on the Irish FW steems from..... ;o)

Message to the Irish Snail: Your package came in and caused some "Wow! Nice!". Thanks to the creator and photos will surely be made soon.

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 2:59am

The operational map for the region around Lake Puzak looks real good. I appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 3:42am

Yes, slow and steady wins the race.

Of course, not having flak coming up at you helps, and I hope that the Irish pilots don't begin to assume that their foes are totally deficient in that regard.

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 3:44am

Well, not totally deficient, no.... :P

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 9:30pm

Very interesting posts from different perspectives!

The Afghans holding Chakhansun have given a very good account of themselves, but it seems that General Pika and his men will win out in the end. I am really looking forward to the clash between the Irish and General Parwiz'a main force.

"MacDonald of the Western Isles, is with kern and gallowglass supplied!"

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 9:37pm

Quoted

Very interesting posts from different perspectives!

The Afghans holding Chakhansun have given a very good account of themselves, but it seems that General Pika and his men will win out in the end. I am really looking forward to the clash between the Irish and General Parwiz'a main force.

"MacDonald of the Western Isles, is with kern and gallowglass supplied!"

Naturally. Which is why I intend to save it for last! :D

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 12:32pm

It seems that Chakhansun as fallen at last.

A very well written piece, with lots of interesting detail. Keep up the good work!

Monday, August 15th 2011, 12:39am

Nicely done Sir, I particularly like the sniper piece!!