You are not logged in.

Monday, December 5th 2011, 9:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
And they want a few Breire Guns? Interesting request. Negotiations must be progressing.

That or they plan to do a different type of negotiation.

Monday, December 5th 2011, 9:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

Quoted

And they want a few Breire Guns? Interesting request. Negotiations must be progressing.

That or they plan to do a different type of negotiation.

HA, I love that scene.

"Anybody else want to negotiate?!"

Crewman: "...where did you learn to negotiate?"
Human President: "I wonder."
Spec-ops commander: *Looks awkward.*

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 1:55am

MacDonald sounds like a very smart officer who will go far if he lives long enough. His approach to dealing with the Tajiks seems to be the right one. Though four Breire guns doesn't sound like a lot; hopefully it will prove enough.

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 2:18am

Quoted

MacDonald sounds like a very smart officer who will go far if he lives long enough.

"Chip off the old block." ;)

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 7:05pm

The Persians are very wise to conserve their antiaircraft ammunition; since it is unlikely they'll be able to 'acquire' much more from the Royal Afghan Army.

I wonder if the Irish Air Corps can do the Limbo Rock?

:D

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 4:04pm

The Persian attitude of superiority towards their Afghan hosts will no doubt come back to haunt them. Several thousand unhappy Tajiks? That is not something I'd like to face.

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 9:27pm

Aaaand after a too-long hiatus, it's back. Hopefully I'll be finishing this up before too long, though...

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 9:45pm

At least one aircraft lost... I hope not too many more; though it sounds as if the results might be worth the cost.

Friday, January 27th 2012, 2:07am

Quoted

At least one aircraft lost... I hope not too many more; though it sounds as if the results might be worth the cost.

And if you're gonna go down anyway, may as well hit something valuable on impact, like an ammo dump.

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 10:46pm

Looking forward to the next installment, which I hope has the other half of the battle!

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 8:58pm

Glad to see this back in the headlines!

Interesting development.

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 9:01pm

Thank you!

...about time I get this storyline wrapped up, grumble grumble grumble taking too long...

Some readers may recall that I set this up in the first full post on the war, in the opening description of Maqsoodi:

Quoted

“Here’s another of Parwiz’s local allies: Khaled Hashem Maqsoodi. He’s based in Farah, and has between five and eight thousand tribal fighters. We don’t know much about Maqsoodi, either, but intelligence suggests he’s a pragmatist; he’ll support Parwiz so long as it serves his purposes, but he’ll likely change sides if he thinks it’s of benefit.

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 4:14pm

After an irritating and dismaying two month hiatus...

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 8:22pm

Only a minor quibble - Elbinger's battalion is the 3rd Pandurs. :)

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 8:41pm

Quoted

Only a minor quibble - Elbinger's battalion is the 3rd Pandurs. :)

Oops. That's what I get for taking such a long break - forgot what I needed to know. :P

Fixed.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 2:34am

Well written, Bruce.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 2:39am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Well written, Bruce.

I cannot claim credit for the poetry; "An Empty Glass" was written by Staff Sergeant Barry Sadler back in about 1965.

Yeah, the "Ballad of the Green Berets" Sadler.