You are not logged in.

Monday, June 21st 2004, 7:18pm

minor issues

Mikey seems to be AWOL after a breif appearance and 17inc seems to be gone (the word "seems" being used loosely).

Should we sign up 1 or 2 new players to make up the difference or not? Poor old Walter has nobody in the pacific to play with!

Monday, June 21st 2004, 7:24pm

It's unfortunate that we've barely heard from Mikey. Well, I guess if we're going to put the Philippines in play, we need to find a new guy for it.

Weren't we going to solicit interest in Greece and Nordmark as well?

Monday, June 21st 2004, 7:38pm

Hoo has gotten an E-mail from peng whos has some internet conection problems IIRC so Nordmark is still an unknown, but Greece and the philipines seems to be open for new players.

Monday, June 21st 2004, 8:20pm

Quoted

Poor old Walter has nobody in the pacific to play with!

Old??? Me?? You're older than I am!
Does look like I'll have to conquer the Pacific quickly now... Then I can move into either the Indian Ocean region or the Atlantic Region.
:-)

Walter

Monday, June 21st 2004, 9:37pm

He hee, you better watch you don't get TOO over confident marching into either of those regions after a clean sweep of the pacific!

Monday, June 21st 2004, 9:40pm

With Australia, I have seen 17inc hanging around on other boards and he has posted a few typical things recently. Are we assuming that Australia becomes part of the commenwealth again, but maintains her present ships? Or she is fully integrated with the UK and ships have to be scrapped.

As for new players, Kaiser seemed to be interested last week.

Monday, June 21st 2004, 9:50pm

I think kaiser would make a good candidate and there seem to be others who have an interest in designing ships. Perhaps we should post a thread on warships1 for anyone interested after we get a few more comments on this issue of coarse, from Hoo and others.

Monday, June 21st 2004, 10:05pm

Quoted

He hee, you better watch you don't get TOO over confident marching into either of those regions after a clean sweep of the pacific!

Perhaps I'm over confident... but a clean sweep of the Pacific would mean the Pacific resources and any infrastructure located there at my disposal.
Naturally I'm going to make full use of them before rolling into either the Indian or Atlantic.

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 1:37am

Hmmm seems we have some war talk here! How would Japans Merchant fleet stand up to an anti shiping campaign? I can't speak for India or others but Atlantis wouldn't be seriously effected by the loss of resorces from the Pacific, its supply lines are reasonably short.
I would think that Japans supply lines would become very long very fast with an unfettered expansion in the Pacific and it would take some time before them became reasonable stable and secure lines, enough time for the other nations to take the prudent steps.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 9:30am

New players

Hi there!

I´d be rather careful to post on the warships1 board. We don´t need that many new players. The two I know of to be interested are Kaiser and alt_naval as it seems. So I´d prefer to ask these two direvtly without official posts on other boards.

For Greece we surely need a new player.
Regarding Australia I´d say "Back in the UK" to strengthen Britains position before it gets too weak.
Regarding the Phillis - well, do we really need them to be played?

As for Nordmark... Peng is alive and well. Most likely he´ll be back in August. At least that´s what he said in his email (forwarded it to Wes).

Regards,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 12:31pm

I concur:

both would be good candidates, which nations do we need?

Greece and which other one? Oz or the Phillies? Turkey - but that would overcrowd the Med a bit.

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 2:12pm

Alt Naval and Kaiser would be good candidates, I agree.

If Peng's coming back in August, it'd be interesting to set up somebody with one or more of the nations he's just had Nordmark fighting with.

Quoted

I can't speak for India or others but Atlantis wouldn't be seriously effected by the loss of resorces from the Pacific, its supply lines are reasonably short.

Who's to say India would lose resources? Japan and India wouldn't necessarily be at odds in such a scenario.

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 10:06pm

perhaps Alt_naval could somehow incorperate his FEH navy in the Sim? This may seriously effect Spainish and Atlantian interests in the region and might be the outcome of the Nordish- Argintina/Brazil/Bolivia/Paraguay alliance.

Austraila should definately join the UK once again, and as for the phillies I kinda like the idea of a modest navy, It would give Walter some target practice!

Wednesday, June 23rd 2004, 2:49pm

It's a possibility, but he might prefer something different.

At any rate, we need to know what's happened to the South Atlantic nations before we can set somebody up with one.

Almost sounds like you're giving Walter carte blanche to add the Philippines to the Empire. Don't go complaining if he does so...

J

Wednesday, June 23rd 2004, 3:14pm

Quoted

Austraila should definately join the UK once again, and as for the phillies I kinda like the idea of a modest navy, It would give Walter some target practice!

Hehehehe! (evil laughter).

Quoted

Almost sounds like you're giving Walter carte blanche to add the Philippines to the Empire. Don't go complaining if he does so...

Hehehehe! (more evil laughter).
You know, I might as well play the Philippines myself. But don't think that I will roll over the Philippines just like that. I will have more sinister plans ready for the Philippines, probably profitable for both the Philippines as well as the Empire.

Walter