You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 8:32pm

Heavy Cruiser Constitucion

Alvama drew the pride of the Chilean fleet for me. :D

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 10:01pm

Beautiful!

Monday, January 10th 2011, 2:14am

It is gorgeous, however I hope the aft range finder is an airtight position with good insulation from heat and no one hits you in the A magazine forward of where the main belt stops. ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Sachmle" (Jan 10th 2011, 2:16am)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, January 10th 2011, 2:35pm

Uh!

DAMN, is that thing UGLY!

*just kidding* ;o)

Monday, January 10th 2011, 6:30pm

Great! But why red chimneys? Unmasks. :)

exigeant

Unregistered

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:59pm

Very impressive work,

Silly question, is it a trick of the eye or is the first funnel really shorter?

The main director above the bridge, does it have enough space to turn to cover all the firing arcs?

Must agree with Sachmie about the main belt, or is the forward bulkhead curved to protect the barbet?

Just me (so no big deal), for looks i think a tower like the capitan prat would be better, somehow the double tripods just look wrong

Monday, January 10th 2011, 9:08pm

The tripods will probably be replaced by a tower with the next refit; but I always loved the looks of the Northampton-class - hence the tripods. I specifically demanded tripods while the time period still permitted me to get away with them. :P Future Chilean cruisers will not have the tripods. As I told Alvama - I wanted a ship which "looked like a 9x10" Alaska-class", and I think this fits.

I see what you mean about the main director.

exigeant

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 6:16pm

Understand the tripod thing, have the same preference for Colbert and Suffren but not Foch, until I saw Algerie and now towers win.
Having now seen photos the USS Northampton tripod looks cool.
I guess with top weight considerations tripods make sense, or am i wrong?
Almost forgot, I've now measured it and the front funnel is definitely shorter