You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 2:10am

Siam

As some of you know, I have been looking about at a place to settle down. Siam came up quite a few times. After conversing with the currently involved players, I have decided to request to play Siam.

I have a basic idea of the direction I could take Siam. The navy is a bit of a fixer-upper. Some scrapping, some building, some refitting, and some buying are in order. My plan for the Navy is to modernize it to the best of my abilities, fill in the gaps in roll-specific ships, and maximize Siam's overall regional influence. As for the rest of the info (ie. Army Airforce, Econ), I can fill out that area over time with some research in the right areas.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 2:13am

Siam has been languishing in caretaking for quite a while. Neither Germany nor Yugoslavia is directly involved, but as a player I think having someone to take charge of the country would be a plus for the game.

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 6:21am

Having spoken with you on the IRC, I feel you will be a good addition to our number, and you have my vote.

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 7:56am

Agreed, Siam is in need of a player right now and I feel you would fit in well.

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 8:07am

Talked very breifly but I don't see anything that would put me off from accepting you and Siam would be a good start for any new player.
You've got my vote.

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 11:17am

I'd say go for it as its a nation that has all sorts of possibilities. Your sandwiched between almost all the major Blocs of WW and dangers lurk from all sides. I agree Siam needs a player and if your willing to stick to it then I say yes. Siam like some other nations has fallen victim to "too many cooks" so we need a stable player to keep things on the level.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 6:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
I'd say go for it as its a nation that has all sorts of possibilities. Your sandwiched between almost all the major Blocs of WW and dangers lurk from all sides. I agree Siam needs a player and if your willing to stick to it then I say yes. Siam like some other nations has fallen victim to "too many cooks" so we need a stable player to keep things on the level.

Agreed. Let me know what you need from me.
-Kirk

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 9:16pm

Welcome aboard!

Monday, December 6th 2010, 12:57am

Ditto

Abandon sanity, ye who enter!

Monday, December 6th 2010, 2:58am

OK! thanks for your support guys. First of, the name of the country has been changed to Thailand, as historically happened in 1939. This gives me a good opportunity to re-organize things so we can all see what is going on with Thailand. Thanks to Brock for making the change.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 12:39pm

HI Snip,

welcome to the madhouse :D .

Good to have a new neighbour on my southern side.