You are not logged in.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 9:46pm

A fast fighter with 4x20 guns adaptation & tandem motors could be interresting.

Hm... SAM-13

But this plane without guns, machine guns only.
I do believe that the WW Netherlands was developing such an aircraft for its service; unfortunately, published details are sparse.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 9:59pm

I do believe that the WW Netherlands was developing such an aircraft for its service; unfortunately, published details are sparse.

Fokker D.XXIII

Built only a prototype. It weighed almost three tons, didn't have enough engine power.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 11:01pm

Yes.

I believe Kaiser Kirk, who plays the Netherlands, had projected a more powerful version to serve as a standard fighter for the Netherlands; he has not yet posted details however.

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:14am

I want to ask

what advantages give having to engines in that position? wouldn't it be better twin engine (normal configuration) or single engine?
Currently dealing with extremely heavy facts

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:49am

Oups... I do'nt like very much this conception...

I prefer type "3" lignes.
A fighter with powerfull engines for 600km/h - 4x20mm MG.

Thanks Gromo

Jef

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:52am

I want to ask

what advantages give having to engines in that position? wouldn't it be better twin engine (normal configuration) or single engine?

Compared to a regular twin-engine type, it has less drag, and you get an aircraft that's somewhat more compact and thus maneuverable.

Conversely, planes with this layout tend to be a bit cramped (two engines stuffed into the same size airframe as a single-engine plane) and they become dicey prospects to bail out of in case of damage.

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 6:40pm

Centauri Space Force
Transatmospheric fighter CFA-218.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 7:36pm

Interesting bomber looks a bit like the Do 11/23