You are not logged in.

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 6:54pm

[Military] Subsidy schemes?

What kind of militrary subsidy schemes (á la War Office Truck Subsidy ) are running in WW?

I tried a truck subsidy on desirable (from the Army´s POV) trucks but has anyone else (be it trucks,cars, shpis etc)?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Nov 3rd 2010, 7:29pm)

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 7:20pm

The Chilean Merchant Marine is similar, although there's not a direct subsidy per se. While many Chilean merchant ships are owned by the shipping lines, a large majority are built on government contract for the Directemar, which leases the ships to the shipping lines for competitive rates. The ships purchased by Directemar are built by ASMAR to standards written up by the Armada de Chile - those standards providing ships intended for acquisition by the Navy during times of national crisis.

Both the Chilean and Bulgarian governments operates a scheme whereby qualifying aircraft, boats, or vehicles are not subject to property tax, but may be requisitioned (with compensation) during wartime.

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 7:23pm

RE: [Military] Subsidy schemes?

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
What kind of militrary subsidy schemes (á la War Office Truck Subsidy ) are running in WW?

I tried a truck subsidy on desirable (from the Army´s POV) trucks but has antone else (be it trucks,cars, shpis etc)?

Germany probably has one for motor trucks; is is a detail I have not yet worked out.

Probably modeled on the scheme in place before the Great War.

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 11:49pm

All Latvian owned, civilian aircraft in Latvia can be requistioned for use by the military in times of war, for the duration thereoff. Note the word can, meaning that some planes preforming vital services will most likely not be requistioned.