You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:27pm

Beijing Newspaper Q1/1940 - Chinese news and events - January / February / March

January:
Air-Force news:
Japan and China started another joint-venture. Due to the low production rate of SAC-52 aircraft, a subsidiary of E.W.I.L. was created. Chengdu Aircraft Industry , the new branch of E.W.I.L., was charged with immediate effect to build the japanese aircraft G3M2 under license. In addition, China bought 30 aircraft of this type to meet the demand.
These aircrafts were placed with immediate effect under the service of the Condominium Force.

[size=1]One of the purchased G3M2 starting to a patrol over the south chinese sea[/size]

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:33pm

more airforce news:
A brand new prototype was tested on the E.W.I.L.-Testsite.

Picture deleted

[size=1]This picture was taken from an unknown spy, short time before he was killed by the security ;)[/size]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Oct 15th 2010, 11:44pm)

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:03pm

Seems kind of hard for China's knock-off industry to be producing Mosquitos when deHavilland hasn't introduced them yet.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:06pm

Not unprecedented (in WW) for an Asian state to "pre-clone" a European plane. It's just normally the other Asian state.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
Seems kind of hard for China's knock-off industry to be producing Mosquitos when deHavilland hasn't introduced them yet.

Anyone said it's a Mosquito ???? NO !!! As usual , nothing but lies and fairy tales from Canada .... :D

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador

Quoted

Anyone said it's a Mosquito ???? NO !!! As usual , nothing but lies and fairy tales from Canada .... :D

Well, I noted that it is a Mosquito - quite clearly. I suspect the photo is one of the 200 examples that Nationalist China bought from Canada as surplus after the Second World War. It is rather hard to disguise the lines of Hatfield's finest.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:16pm

Quoted

Quoted

No, that comment was a subtle prod from a player who's been under the impression for some years that it's Bad Form to copy or knockoff another player's historical designs without their consultation. But, as Brock's pointed out, that impression has not been a universal one, appearently.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:21pm

Quoted

No, that comment was a subtle prod from a player who's been under the impression for some years that it's Bad Form to copy or knockoff another player's historical designs without their consultation. But, as Brock's pointed out, that impression has not been a universal one, appearently.

Yup.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:30pm

If I'm right about what I think it is supposed to be... then it's not, but it's easier to use that picture than anything else.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Oct 15th 2010, 10:32pm)

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:36pm

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

It's only a picture ... no stats or other informations of the aircraft ... so where is the problem ????

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
If I'm right about what I think it is supposed to be... then it's not, but it's easier to use that picture than anything else.

RIGHT !!!

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:38pm

So you are thinking what I think you're thinking. :)

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:44pm

You haven't posted any specifications or other details. You've posted a picture of a British deHavilland Mosquito, a plane not yet in service and incapable of being liscence-built or otherwise copied by Chinese knock-off factories.

The problem is, it is at the least considered Bad Form to nick another player's historical designs without their consultation. This has been an unwritten, gentleman's rule for as long as I've been here. Which makes me wonder if it needs to be made into a more formal rule, as I see more and more examples of it being ignored.

Just because it's easier for you to nick pictures and other material from another player, doesn't mean it's Good Form to do so without their input.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:47pm

Quoted

Quoted

Look here .... so who knows .... may be one of the prototypes were stolen and send via Quebec to Shanghai :-D

http://www.jk-clan.de/wbblite/thread.php?threadid=7095&sid=

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
DH.98 Mosquito; developed to B.1/38 as a “Speed Bomber” with no defensive armament. Begun as a private venture project this is an all-wooden bomber using a monocoque process which is very strong and the surface finish is very smooth. The DH.98 will be built in both bomber and recon versions. The maximum bombload is 2,000lbs internally; a crew of two is carried sitting side-by-side. First flight is planned for 1939 and 50 are on order. Entry into service should be late 1940.
B.Mk.1 Dimensions; 54.2/ 40.10/ 15.3/ 454 sq ft; 2x 1,280hp Rolls-Royce Merlin VI; max speed 386mph; cruising speed 300mph; range 1,700 miles full bombload and service ceiling 33,000ft

Reading the dates in an encyclopedia entry is often crucial, given that many players post 'future' items for ease of reference.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:48pm

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

It's only a picture ... no stats or other informations of the aircraft ... so where is the problem ????

Quoted

RIGHT !!!

The news item states [SIZE=3]that[/SIZE] aircraft was tested. [SIZE=3]That[/SIZE] aircraft is a DeHavilland Mosquito. If it is something that looks like a Mosquito but was not a Mosquito that fact should, I believe have been so stated at the time.

Oh, and should it be a clone of the I.Ae24, of believe the Argentines are working on that design. I asked.

:)

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:52pm

So...you're stealing an Argentine fighter design (based on a British fighter) from the 50s, and using a British fighter's picture to depict it?

You know, Hood's been a fairly generous and easy-going fellow, but I think you're crossing some lines at this point.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:54pm

Well, if it is what I think it is supposed to be, then maybe you can edit the picture for him, ShinRa, so it looks how it should look, cause even thinking about trying to do that makes my head spin. x_x Way beyond my abilities.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:54pm

Quoted

So...you're stealing an Argentine fighter design (based on a British fighter) from the 50s, and using a British fighter's picture to depict it?

You know, Hood's been a fairly generous and easy-going fellow, but I think you're crossing some lines at this point.

Oh I'm not suggesting that China is cloning the I.Ae.24 - just that should China be planning to do that, it will not overcome the problem.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:58pm

First ..... i never said it's a Mosquito !!!! The picture should only show HOW the aircraft will MAY BE look like. NOTHING MORE !!!!

Second .... i never presented any stats of a Mosquito !!! So i didn't copy ANYTHING !!!!

If i had written, a new twin engine prototype was tested, no one has something against it. I just wanted to show a picture, so you have something more to see, but if you don't like it, i will only write text in the future .... for aircrafts ..... vehicles ... ships .... no more pictures.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:59pm

Quoted

Well, if it is what I think it is supposed to be, then maybe you can edit the picture for him, ShinRa, so it looks how it should look, cause even thinking about trying to do that makes my head spin. x_x Way beyond my abilities.

Photo manipulations are very different animals from line drawings and the like. And despite China somehow producing more designs than Canada and Australia combined, I'd probably have to continue devoting my time to my own encyclopedias should I decide to go down that route.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 11:02pm

Quoted

First ..... i never said it's a Mosquito !!!! The picture should only show HOW the aircraft will MAY BE look like. NOTHING MORE !!!!

Second .... i never presented any stats of a Mosquito !!! So i didn't copy ANYTHING !!!!

If i had written, a new twin engine prototype was tested, no one has something against it. I just wanted to show a picture, so you have something more to see, but if you don't like it, i will only write text in the future .... for aircrafts ..... vehicles ... ships .... no more pictures.

Nonetheless, it's an unaltered picture of a deHavilland Mosquito. And it's been the long respected policy on this board that permission be obtained before using another player's historical aircraft.