You are not logged in.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:02pm

G10n V2.0...

Improved the G10N picture a little bit. I always liked it a bit better the way it looked in this picture than the blown up, 6-engined B-29 one.

So when I bought a book with this picture in it...

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/green/wave/fugaku001.html
... I decided to mess around a bit with the drawing I had.

"Original" picture...

Work in Progress with Boeing 707 nose...

Almost finished version. Looks less like a 707 nose now...

Colored Version...

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:08pm

Impressive

HOLY MOLY !!!

Nice aircraft ;)

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:35pm

You will be hearing from Boeing's legal team in the near future! :D And I better get to work on the B-36!

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:39pm

It looks more like the nose from a Hawker Siddeley Nimrod now - or a de Havilland Comet.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:42pm

I like it, just one question though.....is it a deliberate design feature to put the middle engine further forward than the inboard unit on the last 2 drawings???

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
It looks more like the nose from a Hawker Siddeley Nimrod now - or a de Havilland Comet.

Or VC10!

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:56pm

Quoted

You will be hearing from Boeing's legal team in the near future!

Japan will make sure to drop Boeing's legal team at Boeing HQ. :)

Quoted

I had that feeling, too, when I was looking at the pictures in the book "Japanese Secret Projects" but I could not really find a proper picture of either plane so I slapped the 707 nose on there as base and worked with that.

Quoted

is it a deliberate design feature to put the middle engine further forward than the inboard unit on the last 2 drawings???

That is how the top view drawing in the JSP book indicate where those engines are and if you carefully study that picture of Muneo Hosaka above, you'll notice that those middle engines are also further forward than the inboard engines. So I did the same for my picture.

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 12:18pm

Looks more like a prop-driven B-52 to my eyes. That nose is very B-52ish.

Looks an mean peice of bombing equipment. Very cool.

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 8:11pm

Sweep the wing back, make it shoulder mounted, and it's pretty close.