You are not logged in.

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 2:48am

Fly-in

The local airport had a Weekend Fly-In today (and tomorrow); the B-17 unfortunately was unable to attend. Something about metal shavings in the engine. But it was interesting enough, especially for a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Here's some of the photos I thought were interesting.

Though the big B-17 couldn't make it, another one did.

Think this is a Yak-50.

Twin Beech (C45). They were giving rides, but I didn't want to pay $50.

Twin Beech taking off. I was allowed slightly closer to the runway than I should have been. The nice man informed me a wee bit later.

Cessna Airmaster. Of course there was a Cessna here - this is Cessna home-country.

I think this is a Vultee BT-13 Valiant

Fairchild PT-19

The twin Kaydets. There was a third one, mostly white, not shown here. They all parked together, went to the fuel center at the same time, taxied off together, and then departed together.

The cockpit of the Kaydet.

A Mentor. I think.

They called this the "Piranha", and it took off right before the Kaydets. Thing was smokin' fast and tiny. That bubble cockpit is just about wide enough to turn your head from side to side.

Another image of the Piranha.

We discussed this on IRC. I think we decided it was some sort of Waco - it resembles the S-series best.

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 3:06am

Great shots, great planes!

Thanks for posting them.

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 10:23am

Great shots.

That first photo is great for a caption contest!

I'm pretty sure the last one is a Waco and I know I've seen it in a magazine recently too... damn need to dig it out.

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 1:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Great shots.

That first photo is great for a caption contest!

"For God's sake Mike, how many times do I have to tell you ..COOL WASH CYCLE ONLY!!!!"