You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, September 17th 2010, 1:32am

Latvian Army Procurement

The Latvian Army is looking for the purchase of 30 new medium tanks to replace it's current assortment of current tanks. The requested specifications of said tanks will be as follows, and exceeding those expectations is encouraged. (Not all specifications are ironclad. Designs can and will be tolerated with specifications that do not met the requested areas in one or more catagories, but present outstanding performance in the others.)

Armament: 1 47 mm (preferably larger) gun, 2+ machine guns
Maximum Speed: 30+ MPH
Range: 175+ miles
Crew Members: Prefered maximum of four, more is acceptable
Armour: 65 mm front/turret, 25 mm sides/rear, 15 mm roof/belly

A single model for testing and the proposed price per tank is asked to be sent with each submission. Delivery of said tanks should be able to begin by May 1940.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Sep 17th 2010, 1:35am)

Friday, September 17th 2010, 1:53am

The US M-4A1 meets most of those requirements, except its range is only about 120 miles on road.

Friday, September 17th 2010, 2:05am

At the same time, the Latvian army is looking to purchase new artillery pieces, to replace the standard M1902 76 mm Russian divisional artillery gun. The requested specifications will be as follows, and exceeding those expectations is encouraged. . (Not all specifications are ironclad. Designs can and will be tolerated with specifications that do not met the requested areas in one or more catagories, but present outstanding performance in the others.)

Caliber: 75 mm-100 mm (no howitzers)
Weight: 2.5 tons(for 75 mm range weapons), 5 tons (for 100 mm range weapons), travelling condition.
ROF: 12+ sustained (75 mm), 6+ sustained (100 mm)

For each design, it is requested that two models be sent for testing, as well as the price tag for artillery in units of 50 pieces of artillery.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Sep 17th 2010, 2:38am)

Friday, September 17th 2010, 2:16am

Atlantis can offer the AT-36/75 or the AT-36/57. The AT-35/57 however would be available much sooner.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 12:54pm

i've no tanks to fit the exact specs you require but here is a field gun.

Ordnance QF 25pdr Mk I
Weight in action is 3,968lbs; traverse is 8 degrees on carriage or 360 degrees with circular firing table. Elevation -5 to +40 degrees, weight of shell 25lbs, range of 13,400 yards. HE, smoke, illumination and solid AT rounds.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 5:19pm

Quoted

The requested specifications will be as follows, and exceeding those expectations is encouraged.

I don't know... I think that with weight you might want something that does not exceed the expectations... :)

For the medium tank, Japan can offer the Type 96 and Type 97 tank (though both fail with one of the requirements). The Type 90 Shinhoto is just below most of the requirements, but is a cheaper option compared to the 96 and 97 (note: Yoippari System not included with the tanks).

For the gun, Japan can offer the the Type 90 75mm Field Gun and the Type 90 10cm Cannon. Rate of fire of those guns is really dependant on how fast the Latvians can load them (the Type 90 75mm gun is rated at 10-12 rpm and the Type 90 10 cm canon at 6-8 rpm).

[SIZE=1](Further info available in the Japanese encyclopedia)[/SIZE]

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Sep 18th 2010, 5:21pm)

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 6:56pm

The tank specs are quite demanding. I can't really think of anything that meets them in full until the T-44. Italy would offer it's latest M26/39 tank; not too big, reasonable protection, a decent gun, but not very fast.

I'm not sure exactly what you want on the artillery front, but the Italian 105/25 gun-howitzer might meet the specs.

Both items can be found in this thread with some more details.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 8:14pm

I can think of at least 1 Atlantean tank that meets the specs. I'm willing to consider stuff that's less armoured, less speed, less whatever, those were the stats that were viewed as wanted. What you want and what you get are two different things.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 8:34pm

Looks like I need to take action then...

[SIZE=4]BUY 4 AND GET A 5TH TANK FOR FREE!!![/SIZE]

:D

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 8:43pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Looks like I need to take action then...

:D

[SIZE=1]Guns and batteries not included some assembly needed[/SIZE] :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Sep 18th 2010, 8:44pm)

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 10:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
I can think of at least 1 Atlantean tank that meets the specs. I'm willing to consider stuff that's less armoured, less speed, less whatever, those were the stats that were viewed as wanted. What you want and what you get are two different things.

Ah, if you're giving a figure of "effective" armour protection, then the various T-34 clones should meet the specs.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 10:12pm

Yes, effective armour penetration was what I was thinking of.

Friday, October 15th 2010, 1:57am

The Latvian goverment would like to express it's gratitude to all who participated in the tank procurement tender, and would like to announce that it has decided to procure 30 Atlantian M35/57 medium tanks. The Latvian goverement would also like to express gratitude to all who participated in the artillery procurement tender, and has not yet made a final decision on that front.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, October 17th 2010, 12:38am

RE: Latvian Army Procurement

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy

Armament: 1 47 mm (preferably larger) gun, 2+ machine guns
Maximum Speed: 30+ MPH
Range: 175+ miles
Crew Members: Prefered maximum of four, more is acceptable
Armour: 65 mm front/turret, 25 mm sides/rear, 15 mm roof/belly

Yes, effective armour penetration was what I was thinking of.

Shucks, I should have paid more attention, oh well.

the Dutch LT-35 almost hit that
45mm gun on the A, 60mm on the C
180mile range
Eff KE
front : 64.8
turret : 80.8
side : 41-66
roof :30
belly : 18

Only the speed was really unacceptable - 18mph.