You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 13th 2010, 1:44am

Light Bomber Aircraft

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have had to make some slight revisions to the planned drawing of the Project 221 light bomber aircraft. It is not exacty what I would like, but I think it looks servicable.

Your comments and feedback are welcome.

Monday, September 13th 2010, 3:25pm

Looks good. A tall and thin fuselage like the HP Hampden?

What sort of armament were you thinking of? I'd think an MG on a ball mounting in the rear cockpit and a fixed forward firing MG would be appropriate as a minimum.

Monday, September 13th 2010, 3:40pm

I suppose it does look rather like a Hampden; or a cross between a Dornier Flying Pencil and a DH Mosquito.

I haven't yet settled on final armament outfit - I was envisioning some sort of rear-firing MG, a flexible MG in the bomb-aimers station and perhaps a fixed forward firing gun. Alternatively, I suppose an attack variant could dispense with the bomb aimer and go for a solid nose with a heavy cannon and MG armament.

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 7:28am

The main differences are, I thought it looked a little drab just being an uncolored drawing, and I thought you might find it convenient if it was drawn in the same scale as the Soko Jastreb (assuming they use the same engine). It's also easier to add detail at this scale too (at least for me). The canopy looked a little confused, so I fixed that with an option for a rear gunner. I can easily add space for a ventral gunner without spoiling the engineering at all, but I don't think a plane of this mission requires one. Overall, it's actually a well-thought-out plane from a strictly aero-engineering perspective.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "klagldsf" (Sep 14th 2010, 7:31am)