You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 4:05pm

MS Paint Issue

I am trying to color a drawing in MS Paint and what I am looking to obtain is silver; the best I can come up with are various shades of gray or white. Any suggestions on how best to model bare aluminum?

?(

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 4:15pm

There's no easy way to do aluminium in MS Paint without creating a gradient, and there's no easy way to make an automatic gradient in MS Paint. Basically, you have to use gray but use a gradient to white to give it "shine", if that makes sense.

I think I've some pseudo-aluminium backgrounds on my laptop, though it's barely sufficient for me. (It looks more like silver spackle, honestly!)

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 4:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
There's no easy way to do aluminium in MS Paint without creating a gradient, and there's no easy way to make an automatic gradient in MS Paint. Basically, you have to use gray but use a gradient to white to give it "shine", if that makes sense.

I think I've some pseudo-aluminium backgrounds on my laptop, though it's barely sufficient for me. (It looks more like silver spackle, honestly!)

In a typical MS sort of way (ie Weird) it does make sense. I will keep plugging or change the livery!

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 5:05pm

What you could try is to take a small section of a real picture with such a fuselage and then pick one of the fuselage colors in that section.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Aug 18th 2010, 5:06pm)

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 5:08pm

That'll usually get you a shade of gray or off-white. While I used that to pick my colors, I found it was more useful to use gradients to draw aluminium.

Bruce, I'll see over lunch if I can find my gradient PNG.

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 5:34pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
What you could try is to take a small section of a real picture with such a fuselage and then pick one of the fuselage colors in that section.

Which is what I tried and it seems to be working better than playing with a slide bar.

May have something to post later today.

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 5:37pm

Sometimes, not always. At least you know you got it from an aluminium hull. :)
... and if that does not work, copy the section and paste a bunch next to each other and on top of each other. :)