You are not logged in.

Friday, May 21st 2004, 10:19pm

There has been no investment in slipways or drydocks since 1921 because all those infrastructure points are going to building a port at Mogadishu.

There are no slipways or dry-docks at Rhodes, but that doesn't mean that there won't be for ever. I think the main problem i had was that when i took over from aowwt i stayed with his infrastructure to make things easier. As a result my infrastructure isn't as spread out as i'd have liked, but i don't really mind because it's not a huge hindrance.

BTW, i haven't told of the entire agreement;
Italy ceeds Dodecanese to Greece
Greece pays Italy the 9.0pts of infrastructure in return for the loss of the port of Rhodes at the rate of no less than 0.1pts per quarter.
Using those 9.0pts Italy will complete her port at Mogadishu where, upon completion, Greece can build 2slips and 1 dry-dock.

I didn't mention the last part as it doesn't matter when there is no Greek player to take advantage of this.

Tuesday, May 25th 2004, 3:07pm

Why would Greece be building slips and drydocks at Mogadishu...?

As Wes pointed out, a Type 3 port does cost 9.0 pts - however, the rules also state that the cost is 0 for any port built at an existing city. I assume Rhodes is an existing city, as the Italian infrastructure post does not list any infrastructure points being spent to create a port there.

Tuesday, May 25th 2004, 3:15pm

Quoted

Why would Greece be building slips and drydocks at Mogadishu...?

Greece could if it wanted to, i'm not entirely sure why..

I'll scrap the entire idea for the time being, you'll just have to read the news.