You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 5:07am

Hungary

Would like to run Hungary for a while after Trianon is repealed if possible to run a storyline. Let me know if possible or feasible. In the Naval sense it doesn't amount to a lot due to the historical Hungarian Navy being 7 patrol boats, three old minesweepers/minelayers and some support ships.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:23am

RE: Hungary

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Would like to run Hungary for a while after Trianon is repealed if possible to run a storyline. Let me know if possible or feasible. In the Naval sense it doesn't amount to a lot due to the historical Hungarian Navy being 7 patrol boats, three old minesweepers/minelayers and some support ships.

I think three, or is it four, countries to run, should be sufficient. I am not in favor of the suggestion.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:24am

Eh... I'm going to vote no, sorry. We've turned down people for Hungary before and requested that both Hungary and Czechoslovakia remain nonaligned NPCs, and I think that's where things ought to be left.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Eh... I'm going to vote no, sorry. We've turned down people for Hungary before and requested that both Hungary and Czechoslovakia remain nonaligned NPCs, and I think that's where things ought to be left.

Agreed, this is at essence a naval sim after all, and Hungary did not have a navy to speak of as you pointed out already, Perdy.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:32am

OK. Is that is just is too boring with everyone kissing and making out with their neighbors. Why just not create a League World Government in Geneva, built rockets ships to explore space and close all weapons factories? No reason to built weapons when everyone is in love with their neighbors.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jul 26th 2010, 6:33am)

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:32am

Honestly, I see absolutely no point in having Hungary as a PC. Having it would be like having Mongolia as one as well. If there's something that is absolutely needed to use Hungary for, I would think that it would be of sufficent purpose for the mods to know why it is needed, and to let them decide. For the current time, however, there appears to be no need, as Hungary is a nation that is totally landlocked, and would have no point in using as a PC.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:35am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Honestly, I see absolutely no point in having Hungary as a PC. Having it would be like having Mongolia as one as well. If there's something that is absolutely needed to use Hungary for, I would think that it would be of sufficent purpose for the mods to know why it is needed, and to let them decide. For the current time, however, there appears to be no need, as Hungary is a nation that is totally landlocked, and would have no point in using as a PC.

I see the point in been a naval sim but a nation in the middle of Europe is not the same as Mongolia. I just want to run it for a storyline and then sent it back to NPC. But the mods have spoken.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jul 26th 2010, 6:35am)

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:35am

Quoted

OK. Is that is just is too boring with everyone kissing and making out with their neighbors. Why just not create a League World Government in Geneva, built rockets ships to explore space and close all weapons factories? No reason to built weapons when everyone is in love with their neighbors.

FAR could invade India. If spice of life is what we need, then I'm sure India has some... paprika, or something.

Ah, curry powder. Yes. All your curry powder shall belong to us!

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:38am

Quoted

Quoted

FAR could invade India. If spice of life is what we need, then I'm sure India has some... paprika, or something.

Sure. and the FAR orbital lasers will roast Indian cities with only three scrapped knees for the FAR side, etc and etc and etc. Is getting boring and if everyone want to resolve everything talking what is the need for battleships? A way to spend your budget?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jul 26th 2010, 6:39am)

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:42am

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

Sure. and the FAR orbital lasers will roast Indian cities with only three scrapped knees for the FAR side, etc and etc and etc. Is getting boring and if everyone want to resolve everything talking what is the need for battleships? A way to spend your budget?

You're the one who's looking for a fight, not us. If you want to script something, suggest it - don't get snippy like that.

Cool it.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:43am

Ya'll, calm down....seriously, this isn't the time or place for an argument.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:45am

Then perhaps if you are getting bored, you should scrap all your ships and build new stuff again?

Yes, Europe is getting abit stagnant I suppose. However, WP was not the first multi-nation alliance that changed the dynamics of Europe.

In the other thread you mentioned you wanted to see a possible TBA vs Greece war. Well, no offence, but I thought you wanted a war? Not a Turkish-Bulgarian walkover of Greece which is what it would occur.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:47am

I suggested it and it was shut down. And the reasons it was refused I agree with. But I have stated it again and again, the love around WW is not realistic. As realistic as an independent India in the 1930's or an island in the middle of the Atlantic. But that's what we have to play with.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:49am

The mods have spoken. End of the issue.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:49am

Guys, seriously.....chill down. Grab a bucket of ice or something, but this isn't the place to be arguing over a minor issue.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:53am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Guys, seriously.....chill down. Grab a bucket of ice or something, but this isn't the place to be arguing over a minor issue.

I'm not. I'm cool. When I'm saying the mods have spoken is that a decision was made in regard with Hungary, I'm cool with it and there was nothing else to discuss.

Sometimes stuff gets lost in the translation and I sound like a jerk when is not my intention. I maybe work with the Federal Government but I think in Spanish. So sometimes it sounds like being too direct.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jul 26th 2010, 6:57am)

Monday, July 26th 2010, 6:57am

Quoted

I see the point in been a naval sim but a nation in the middle of Europe is not the same as Mongolia. I just want to run it for a storyline and then sent it back to NPC. But the mods have spoken.

The Mods are allowed to have opinions, which is all brock's done thus far; Express his opinion. The Mods tend to be pretty explicit when they're saying or doing something in a Moderator capacity. Otherwise, we're all just players here as far as I'm concerned.

The only precedent for a landlocked country being 'played' (that I can recall offhand) is Bolivia, in storylines agreed on by the South American players. Europe, however, has a great deal many more players involved, and with much larger and sim-wide impacting interests. Crafting such a story to everyone's satisfaction seems a great deal more difficult and delicate task, and definately not one to be done against the wishes of other local players.

If you feel you have a storyline that is in the sim's best interests, I would suggest you make a more detailed and focused case, so that you gain more support from all involved.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 11:58am

The reason Perderdor was looking at Hungary was that he and I were discussing the possibility of a German-Czech-Hungarian war (probably starts over the Sudetenland, if the Czech government that promised to abide by the Treaty on Minorities falls and is replaced by another less inclined to listen to the outside world). In such a circumstance, Hungary would likely look to take advantage, just as it did OTL.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 1:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
The reason Perderdor was looking at Hungary was that he and I were discussing the possibility of a German-Czech-Hungarian war (probably starts over the Sudetenland, if the Czech government that promised to abide by the Treaty on Minorities falls and is replaced by another less inclined to listen to the outside world). In such a circumstance, Hungary would likely look to take advantage, just as it did OTL.

One of the provisos specified in the vote to nullify the Treaty of Trianon was that Hungary repudiate irridentism and agree to accept its post-Trianon borders. Such a story line would not be consistent with that proviso.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BruceDuncan" (Jul 26th 2010, 1:49pm)

Monday, July 26th 2010, 2:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

One of the provisos specified in the vote to nullify the Treaty of Trianon was that Hungary repudiate irridentism and agree to accept its post-Trianon borders. Such a story line would not be consistent with that proviso.

And that would be inconsistent with the real-world how? It would hardly be the first time in history a country spoke words it needed to say to get what it wanted, and then turned around and did things contrary to those words.