You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 5th 2010, 3:02pm

WW History Question

Would any of the senior players know the combination of WW historical factors/decisions that brought about the current borders of Yugoslavia?

Monday, July 5th 2010, 3:23pm

I am ofcourse not a player but it seems that the borders a roughly following those agreed in the 1915 Treaty of London

http://wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/The_Tre…ndon_%281915%29

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jul 5th 2010, 3:26pm)

Monday, July 5th 2010, 3:35pm

A combination of the historical factors that brought it into use and the insistance by Italy for more territory.

Monday, July 5th 2010, 3:53pm

Vuck pretty much IMO summarizes it. Italy got almost everything offered to them by the Allies in 1915, plus I guess Greece entered early to the conflict. I guess Albania got partitioned to give Serbia a small consolation for their failure to achieve their OTL objectives.

Monday, July 5th 2010, 5:31pm

Quoted

I am ofcourse not a player but it seems that the borders a roughly following those agreed in the 1915 Treaty of London

With the US not in the war and being the integral part of Versailles, Italy's war aims pay off.

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 4:50pm

Follow-on History Question

I have, to date, found small references in the archives to reparations paid by Germany in the wake of the Great War. However, what I have found does not provide any insight into what those levies totalled, nor to which victorious powers they were to have been paid.

Can any of the senior members shine any light on the WW history of this matter?

Thank you,

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 7:29pm

I'd assume they were pretty much along historical lines but with a few more fingers in the pie from Atlantis and SAE. France nulled her owed reparations in the mid 20s, preferring to have herself a little bit more poor and the Germans less angry.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 10:47pm

I cannot remember the SAE got any reparations...

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 11:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
I cannot remember the SAE got any reparations...

It depends whether they were monetary or more hardware. Mostly the reparations are going to be monetary so there's no real evidence of them here. Coupled to that is that we didn't really plan out any history at the start.