You are not logged in.

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 10:23pm

Rules Clarification: Scrapping

Currently, I have a 1,401 ton turbine plant that was removed from Chester in a refit back in 1938. It's sitting in a warehouse as of the moment, with no use for it apparent in the near future.

My question is, can that component of the ship be scrapped outside of a drydock? I believe it should be able to be, even if only to the 7% rule. Metal is still metal, after all, and razor companies don't really care where it came from.

However, not wanting to cause a abuse of rules or powergame, I would like to know if I'm allowed to do that?

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 10:57pm

I'm not aware of any precedent or ruleset for seperately scrapping (or reinstalling elsewhere, for that matter) a removed turbine, or any other ship's equipment, besides armament mountings. This was done to allow for the feasible reuse of weapons in coastal fortifications and in Vanguard-like designs.

To the best of my knowledge, the sale/scrapping of all other ship's material and equipment during ship modification goes towards the cost of the refit. (it's worth keeping in mind, that it is not unknown for extensive ship refits to cost more than the original construction did)

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 11:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
To the best of my knowledge, the sale/scrapping of all other ship's material and equipment during ship modification goes towards the cost of the refit.

I'll agree with this.