You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, April 9th 2010, 6:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

Attack India? :rolleyes:

Never !

Liberating the Kingdom of Kandi from the oppressive heel of the Mughal is a different matter... :)

1942 is in the midst of the period the Dutch are striving to project maximum force. The heavy units will be built/refitted, light forces built, and the older units won't be retired yet

Friday, April 9th 2010, 7:48am

Quoted

1942 is in the midst of the period the Dutch are striving to project maximum force. The heavy units will be built/refitted, light forces built, and the older units won't be retired yet

Lucky you,

Brazil won't be able to say the same until 1949, although the first stage of the naval reconstruction should be complete in 42. The Army should be ready to at least defend Brazil by 42, but isn't planning on doing anything offensively till 44.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Apr 9th 2010, 7:49am)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, April 9th 2010, 10:46am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
That's a good question, considering that they still would have to wait another three years to get the Thunderer's online....

Hey, bu tin 1942 they will be... ;o)

HoOmAn

Friday, April 9th 2010, 10:49am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
*Atlantis raises an eyebrow*

Me wonder why the SAE is so eager to enter another war in South America when the last one was so costly for them?

Well, yes. The latest war dropped the SAE from probably third place to sixth in the potential world domination ranking... But hey, if there is a chance to beat a weak neighbor... >o]

Friday, April 9th 2010, 11:50am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
*Atlantis raises an eyebrow*

Me wonder why the SAE is so eager to enter another war in South America when the last one was so costly for them?

Well, yes. The latest war dropped the SAE from probably third place to sixth in the potential world domination ranking... But hey, if there is a chance to beat a weak neighbor... >o]

Actually, the SAE is tied with Atlantis and Japan for 2nd place according to the most recent Polish Report counts which I have yet to publish as of Q1/39, all three nations having 79 ships which fit the criteria under consideration. The SAE is tied for second place in capital ships with Russia and the US, and is in third or fourth place in carriers with the US again. The Atlanteans do have more "real" cruisers though, 56 to 50, although the Iberians take second in cruiser numbers with 58 ships, so the SAE is in fourth place in the cruiser rankings.

Now as for this "weak" neighbour business, well you have a 3 year window before the Brazilians estimate they can defend their country without outside help, better do so fast. Of course, attacking Brazil on a whim is exactly what the Prince-Regent may want you to do....................

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Apr 9th 2010, 11:51am)

HoOmAn

Friday, April 9th 2010, 1:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Well, probably we should look for a target then, eh? Any ideas? Scripting this kind of stuff takes a while...

Friday, April 9th 2010, 1:15pm

Quoted

Quoted

Well, probably we should look for a target then, eh? Any ideas? Scripting this kind of stuff takes a while...

UK/Italian colonies in Africa? :)

Friday, April 9th 2010, 1:36pm

Attack India? :rolleyes:

Friday, April 9th 2010, 3:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

*Looks at the OOB of the SAE+Netherlands versus the UK and friends.*

What, is the SAE volunteering for a beatdown, now? ?(

Friday, April 9th 2010, 6:37pm

Quoted

QUOTEWhat, is the SAE volunteering for a beatdown, now?

*Hands Hood the SAE beatdown stick here you go sir, all ready just leave me some for later!*

"Goes off to make Red, White, and Blue cheerleader outfit, Let go UK, Lets go, Whoo Whoo" :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Apr 9th 2010, 6:39pm)

Friday, April 9th 2010, 6:40pm

The thought of you in a cheerleader outfit is either some sort of psychological warfare, or crimes against humanity... 8o

;)

Friday, April 9th 2010, 7:24pm

Quoted

Plenty of support for attacking Mexico. Little reason, unless the SAE leader suddenly develops a taste for tequila.

Friday, April 9th 2010, 11:59pm

Attack Latvia? *Whistle's innocently*

No, those aren't mines, just bouys under the water for your submarines. :)

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 12:28am

Attacking Latvia

And those aren't coast artillery, they're horizontal smokestacks...

;)

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 12:27pm

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

OK, OK, Iberian and Italian colonies in Africa, then.

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 12:44pm

In my view the SAE is rather cut off. Although the Empire won in South America it wasn't a clear cut victory and losses were heavy. While it gave the SAE a taste of modern warfare and enabled them to rebuild the Navy and learn valuable lessons the same can be said of the South American nations too. Diplomatically India has moved away from the SAE now it has Britain co-operating in the Middle East and the SAE rejected an UK-Bharat-SAE pact. The Dutch still seem keen to aid SAE but of course have to look over their shoulder at China/Japan if they too entangled elsewhere. The SAE faces no threat from Africa or anywhere else and by blunting the Argentine and Brazilian forces have secured a measure of security for Grand Uruguay until the late 1940s. Saying that we don't know how much military force has been poured into Uruguay since 1935 to keep a watchful eye on the ABC powers and how that might drain resources from the Empire.

A UK-SAE smackdown would be interesting, probably quite close-run since I've no major bases in that area and the colonies aren't well defended by crack divisions etc. Mostly local militas and a few old RAF aircraft. But the RSAN would suffer losses and it would drain further resources from Uruguay to allow Argentina/ Brazil to settle the Uruguay issue in a round two. Since I dobut the SAE could fight a two front war. ;)

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 2:43pm

That´s an interesting scenario, James. But there also has been some UK-SAE cooperation lately so some severe things have to happen to give the SAE a strong feeling the UK needs to be told a military lesson.

How would you bring in the Nordians into that scenario? Would they have some impact on ABC stratefy etc.?

Quoted

SAE rejected an UK-Bharat-SAE pact

Only partially correct - but my memory might fail me.

My favorite at this point would be some nice fighting in the India/Pacific region, probably shoulder on shoulder with the Dutch against local (SATSUMA) powers. Or a beat down with the Italians, though I don´t know how to scipt something realistic with RA having all this advanced tech stuff floating around.... :o/

The problem is - WesWorld is too peaceful in many way and with all the treaties and aliances in place we were lucky to keep the ABS war a local thing, not turning into a full scale world war. Only if some alliance partners deny their support or at least full engagement something similar could happen elsewhere again (i.e. the Pacific).

I envite everybody with a good idea for a scripted war of no more than four parties to send me a note and discuss things.

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 3:47pm

Quoted

That´s an interesting scenario, James. But there also has been some UK-SAE cooperation lately so some severe things have to happen to give the SAE a strong feeling the UK needs to be told a military lesson.

How would you bring in the Nordians into that scenario? Would they have some impact on ABC stratefy etc.?

Quoted

SAE rejected an UK-Bharat-SAE pact

Only partially correct - but my memory might fail me.

My favorite at this point would be some nice fighting in the India/Pacific region, probably shoulder on shoulder with the Dutch against local (SATSUMA) powers. Or a beat down with the Italians, though I don´t know how to scipt something realistic with RA having all this advanced tech stuff floating around.... :o/

The problem is - WesWorld is too peaceful in many way and with all the treaties and aliances in place we were lucky to keep the ABS war a local thing, not turning into a full scale world war. Only if some alliance partners deny their support or at least full engagement something similar could happen elsewhere again (i.e. the Pacific).

I envite everybody with a good idea for a scripted war of no more than four parties to send me a note and discuss things.

And I agree with Hoo. SAE pretty much told the Indians Saint was good eneough and there was no need to get involved in a bigger treaty. I also understand the SAE stand of not trying to rock the boat in regard to the Dutch.

If the Dutch and the SAE attack the British, India will help the British. If the British attack SAE we will help the SAE. It will be a very difficult decision because we have a long working relationship with the SAE.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Apr 10th 2010, 3:51pm)

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 4:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
In my view the SAE is rather cut off. Although the Empire won in South America it wasn't a clear cut victory and losses were heavy. While it gave the SAE a taste of modern warfare and enabled them to rebuild the Navy and learn valuable lessons the same can be said of the South American nations too. Diplomatically India has moved away from the SAE now it has Britain co-operating in the Middle East and the SAE rejected an UK-Bharat-SAE pact. The Dutch still seem keen to aid SAE but of course have to look over their shoulder at China/Japan if they too entangled elsewhere. The SAE faces no threat from Africa or anywhere else and by blunting the Argentine and Brazilian forces have secured a measure of security for Grand Uruguay until the late 1940s. Saying that we don't know how much military force has been poured into Uruguay since 1935 to keep a watchful eye on the ABC powers and how that might drain resources from the Empire.

A UK-SAE smackdown would be interesting, probably quite close-run since I've no major bases in that area and the colonies aren't well defended by crack divisions etc. Mostly local militas and a few old RAF aircraft. But the RSAN would suffer losses and it would drain further resources from Uruguay to allow Argentina/ Brazil to settle the Uruguay issue in a round two. Since I dobut the SAE could fight a two front war. ;)

An UK-SAE smackdown will include Inda and the Dutch for sure. My take is the British African East coast colonies and the British Far East Fleet will be toast as a large part of the Bharati fleet. My opinion is that location is againts the British, specially Singapore surrounded by Dutch territory and on range to their bombers. Bharat could be swept from the seas by a combined SAE-Dutch force but I can see the British Med Fleet being moved to the Indian Ocean on a pinch.

But do the SAE and the Dutch have amphibious capabilities? So far no. So I don't see India losing any territory at all but their defensive startegy for the Indian Ocean goes out of the window. Inda have the superior numbers in ground troops but no way to make any use of them to help the war efffort, except perhaps by an invasion of Siam to relieve Malaya. That of course will bring the Danes into the fray.

IMO this is a losing proposition for India's fleet.

But also you have to take into consideration that with the SAE busy in another front the ABC powers decide to go for round two.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Apr 10th 2010, 4:21pm)

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 4:09pm

Quoted

Or a beat down with the Italians, though I don´t know how to scipt something realistic with RA having all this advanced tech stuff floating around.... :o/

I'll promise not to use the satellite based lasers...

The actual bits of kit equipping most Italian forces are pretty standard rather than advanced. There's a difference between what was planned to be built and what actually got built.