You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 10:51pm

Myoko

Just slapping a few bits of various other ships onto the Takao...

Looking at the picture, I'd probably have to alter the sim slightly regarding the stern. Does anyone have historical figures on the IJN heavy cruisers when it comes to height difference between the stern and the rest of the ship's deck? Working from the picture, I get 4 feet, but it's not really the most accurate way to calculate it.

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 1:57am

IDK, but the pic looks broken. I'd just tweek the pic to match the SS, if you can.

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 4:41pm

Quoted

IDK, but the pic looks broken.

That's probably because I ripped the top part of the hull of a Tone picture off and slapped the Takao upper hull onto the Tone's lower hull. The bow above the waterline is from a Prinz Eugen pic. Also I don't think the pictures were 100% straight and having lengthened it slightly I drew straight horizontal lines. A turret is actually a mirrored C turret so if the picture wasn't straight, then that could look a bit odd. I doubt resizing the pictures so all the bits were the same scale helped, as well as adjusting the gamma correction on the various bits. Different thicknesses of the lines, different brighnesses of the various bits, bits fading a bit too much with gamma correction. Still, it is to give an impression of how the ship looks. It's not supposed to be a work of art.

Hmm... Probably time to recycle that Takao bridge picture I got somewhere... :)

Quoted

I'd just tweek the pic to match the SS, if you can.

Can I do that? Certainly.
Do I want to do that? Uhm... no because I want to keep that feature of the IJN cruisers. In the SS file, I already have the stern 1 foot lower than the rest, but I think it needs to be a bit more than that.

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 6:45pm

Looks pretty top heavy, but then so did the historical ships.

I can't make out much in the way of secondary guns, are they just lost in the clutter of the superstructure?

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 7:39pm

Quoted

I can't make out much in the way of secondary guns, are they just lost in the clutter of the superstructure?

Yes, a bit. The original Takao guns are there just behind each og the TTs on the level above. It's hard to work with them so I left them as is, eventhough it does not really match the sim. Especially the forward mount is hard to see.
As you can see, they're pretty hard to see on the original picture.

Okay, so according to this picture I ran across, it's about a 5 foot drop towards the stern on the Takao class...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Apr 7th 2010, 8:03pm)