You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 11:38am

New Dutch ships

On the van Meel:

If you're doing an armored flight deck (and it looks like that's the intent), the weight for that should be coded as misc. weight, it gets the weight up higher where it should be.

Your 40mm and 23mm guns should probably not be breech loaders. Also, the armor on the 40mm guns looks rather odd.

An airgroup of 70 aircraft? How is that broken down into squadrons?

Quoted

Ship tends to be wet forward
Given the seakeeping, I'm surprised at this warning, but there it is.

On the Windmill:

Quoted

Warning: Raised guns + low guns > total guns - 3rd battery
Not sure what this is about, but something to take a look at.

I'm sure Hoo will blanch at the L:b ratio: 10.77 is pretty high for a 170m ship.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 7:38pm

*blanch*

Hey! I have a reputation to defend. ;o)

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 7:41pm

hehe...

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 7:59pm

Quoted

Not sure how SS exactly calculates it but considering that freeboard is the same along the entire length and having messed around with SS long enough, that warning does not surprise me.

Quoted

Hey! I have a reputation to defend.

Wasn't your reputation built on the Block Coefficient? :)

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 8:09pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Not sure how SS exactly calculates it but considering that freeboard is the same along the entire length and having messed around with SS long enough, that warning does not surprise me.

IIRC, the warning goes away if the prow is X% above the average deck height, doesn't it?

That's generally one of the Springsharp warnings I tend to ignore.

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 8:47pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
IIRC, the warning goes away if the prow is X% above the average deck height, doesn't it?

That's generally one of the Springsharp warnings I tend to ignore.

1.1x the square root of the waterline length.

It's from the Grand Fleet by D K Brown and based on anecdotal evidence from British WWI ships. It seems a good fit to that dataset, but a bit woolly for anything else.