You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 11:33pm

Polish Reports OOC

Like others, I have decided to start two threads for the Polish Reports, one IC, and one OOC. I would like to ask one of the mods to sticky the IC reports somewhere so they are easily accesible.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 11:40pm

Think I've stickied it.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 11:42pm

Yup, thanks. Hope everyone enjoys it. Im changing the order a bit this time around.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 12:11am

Latvia has something...can you throw that in there?

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:53am

Latvia won't have their turn for awhile, Russia is next actually. Last time the order was by alliance, mainly due to the signing of the SEAR treaty. This time, the order is from biggest to smallest in number of ships profiled, so Russia's next. Then either the US, Atlantis or SAE, im not sure which is in third place, although I think its the SAE.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 11:57am

Okay, I went through the sim reports, and here is going to be the order of the reports this round, based on ship numbers at Q1/39, going from greates to smallest. So all capital ships, cruisers, and carriers as well as coastal defence ships and monitors. Note, that river monitors, and gunboats aren't included. I have posted the numbers beside the rankings, if there are any errors please let me know. I will say, there were some surprises in here, for me anyhow.

1. U.K. 135 ships
2. Russia 102 ships
3. Japan 90 ships
4. SAE 87 ships
5. Iberia 80 ships
6. Atlantis 77 ships
7. Italy 71 ships
8. U.S. 67 ships
9. France 58 ships
10. Nordmark 58 ships
11. Netherlands 45 ships
12. Germany 38 ships
13. Denmark 34 ships
14. Greece 33 ships
15, Australia 31 ships
16. India 31 ships
17, Philippines 31 ships
18. Canada 27 ships
19. China 26 ships
20 Chile 20 ships
21. Brazil 18 ships
22. Chosen 18 ships
23. Argentina 16 ships
24. Mexico 15 ships
25. Turkey 15 ships
26. Colombia 14 ships
27. Siam 10 ships
28. Peru 8 ships
29. Poland 7 ships
30. Romania 7 ships
31. Persia 5 ships
32. Latvia 3 ships
33. Yugoslavia 2 ships

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 2:07pm

The US would actually be a little better than that, with the planned laying down of 2 more 18" BBs and 6 more 6" cruisers after the latest update (I need to get those turns up-to-date, I just hate the format Canis used and creating one similar to the one I use for Germany will be time-consuming with all the US infrastructure). But still, the USN is not overly impressive, agreed.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 2:12pm

You might want to talk to Mac (CG) as some of Iberia's ships (cruisers) are quite old and have been taken out of service. Also I don't think your counting training carriers or ships building?

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 4:42pm

Wouldnt the clean reports be better stickied in Ship Design along Jane's Fighting Ships of the WesWorld?

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:04pm

If you stick the Cathedral Class in the CL category, you'd end up dumping the heavier Furuba and Kureimoa classes in that category as well. That gives Japan a total of 113 ships.

Capital ships: 13(2)+2
Carriers: 6(0)+2
Heavy Cruisers: 9(0)+0
Light Cruisers/DDL: 67(0)+0
CDS: 12(0)+0

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 16th 2010, 5:08pm)

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:15pm

I'd presume the difference is that Britain thinks of the Cathedrals as ultralight cruisers - hence their posting in the CL thread. Japan does not view their ships as CLs, but as Destroyer Leaders - hence their posting in the DL category.

Just a thought. Personally, I see the Cathedrals as big destroyers, akin to the contradestroyers. I think we should call these big DDs "corvettes".

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:15pm

I think you're are not counting the Indian monitors.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Just a thought. Personally, I see the Cathedrals as big destroyers, akin to the contradestroyers. I think we should call these big DDs "corvettes".

With that way of thinking 20000t cruiser can me dubbed frigates. I think some time ago someone on this board did just that.
The lines are blurry.

Anyway it looks like my navy will be falling in ranks as two of my ships are going to the breakers.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Feb 16th 2010, 5:28pm)

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Marek Gutkowski

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

With that way of thinking 20000t cruiser can me dubbed frigates. I think some time ago someone on this board did just that.
The lines are blurry.

The Commonwealth calls them frigates.

I should note that in the 1930s, the Royal Navy seriously considered dubbing heavy destroyers (such as the Tribals "corvettes". But that kinda flunked when the Flower class was dubbed "corvettes" in 1940. Then the British sandwiched "frigate" in between "corvette" and "destroyer".

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:37pm

I have to agree, if the Cathedrals are classed as CLS by the poles then the Atlantean Island class and Japanese Furuba and Kureimoa class ships will fall into that line as well.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:52pm

Quoted

I'd presume the difference is that Britain thinks of the Cathedrals as ultralight cruisers - hence their posting in the CL thread. Japan does not view their ships as CLs, but as Destroyer Leaders - hence their posting in the DL category.

Maybe so, but what Britain thinks it is and what Japan thinks it is and what Atlantis thinks it is should not matter for the report. It is what the person who wrote these reports think it is and it would then be odd to list the Cathedrals and not the Furuba, Kureimoa and island classes. The two Japanese designs are slightly heavier (not much) but they are also significantly longer (~50 and ~80 feet) and wider (9.5 and 7.5 feet) than the British design. For the Island class (also slightly heavier) it's ~28 feet longer and 7.5 feet wider.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 16th 2010, 5:54pm)

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:59pm

Going back and looking at the encyclopedias - it seems the Cathedrals have been posted in both the Destroyer thread and the Light Cruiser thread. ?(

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:00pm

Quoted

Going back and looking at the encyclopedias - it seems the Cathedrals have been posted in both the Destroyer thread and the Light Cruiser thread.

No doubt to confuse the enemy. :D

BTW, where would you put the 5210 t Italian destroyer in a report? In the Cruiser category or in the Destroyer category? :)

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
BTW, where would you put the 5210 t Italian destroyer in a report? In the Cruiser category or in the Destroyer category? :)

I'd call it a cruiser.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:10pm

Me too, but for some dark, sinister reason, the Italians decided to classify it as a destroyer.