You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 1st 2010, 7:05pm

Caspian Sea Agreement

Caspian Sea Agreement

Article I.
The Russian Federation, the Kingdom of Persia and the Republic of Azerbaijan agree to limit naval arms on the Caspian Sea for the period of five years. During this time, none of the High Contracting Parties shall build, purchase, or redeploy any warships for naval use on the Caspian Sea.

Article II.
The Russian Federation, the Kingdom of Persia and the Republic of Azerbaijan agree to formally define their Caspian Sea territorial waters as 11 nautical miles, with an additional 25 nautical miles regarded as an exclusive economic zone. All remaining area shall be regarded as International Waters, with all the rights and responsibilities thus entailed.

Russia, Persia, Azerbaijan

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 1st 2010, 7:06pm)

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 12:28am

So what are the naval squadron's of Persia, Azerbaijan, and Russia in the Caspian Sea?

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 12:46am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
So what are the naval squadron's of Persia, Azerbaijan, and Russia in the Caspian Sea?

Russia:
2x DD: (Caspianskiy and Gift of Armenia)
10 1920-vintage corvettes
10 older patrol boats

Persia:
- 2x Gunships (Arak, Zabol)
- 2x Torpedo Boats (Mashhad, Kermann)
- 2x Patrol Boats (P-9, P-10)
- 2x MSWs (Dena, Bazman)
- 6x MTBs

Azerbaijan:
- 4x DDs/TBs
- 11x Torpedo Boats (6x Yezidibad Castles, 1x Bazarduzu Dagi, 4x Khoyskis)
- 1x MSW
- 8x Motor Launches
- 12x MTBs

The Khoyskis are in reserve but will be retained until 1944 or so. (The Azeri Navy is seriously oversized and most units probably aren't fully manned.)

I think Gift of Armenia, at 2,000 tons light, is the largest ship on the Caspian, followed by the Araks. The Azeris have many ships, but they're smaller.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 4:59pm

In addition, Russia has...

10 1920-vintage corvettes and 10 older patrol boats. Russia just scrapped 10 1908-vintage corvettes that used to be there.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 4:22pm

I hate treaties that don't include dates.

I'm inferring from the OP date that this was signed in July 1938. Does that sound right to Stuart and whoever's taking care of Azerbaijan?

Friday, July 6th 2012, 4:53pm

Stuart is taking care of both Azerbaijan and Armenia at the moment, but I was playing Azerbaijan and Armenia at the time of the treaty.

According to the information I have, Azerbaijan and Armenia halted all military tonnage production at the end of 1938, and began production of infrastructure in 1939 and onward. I'd say the agreement was either inked at the beginning of 1938 (and the Azeris received permission to finish their under-construction TBs) or in 1939.

At the present time, the Azeris and Armenians are both contributing to MERIF's infrastructure fund for a minimum of four years (1939, 40, 41, and 42) to fund a new half-factory for Saudi Arabia, which will start 1943 with a whole factory. My plan was for the Azeris to spend 1943 improving slips or drydocks to allow for the construction of more or larger ships, and then scrapping some of the old stuff they've got. That's up to Stuart now.