You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 7:43pm

Poland.Q3,1938

After action report of Acting CO of ORP Rozyczka.
Training mission.

list of personel
Acting CO
kmdr ppor. Janusz Pazdzioch
Acting XO
kpt. mar. Pawel Gwozdz
Acting CMO.
ppor. mar. Iwona Jakastam
Acting Navigator
ppor. mar. Piotr Kogotoobchodzi
Acting Chief Mechanic.
st. chor. szt. mar. Ignacy Trol
Weapon officer.
chor. szt. mar. Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz
Sensor operator.
st chor. mar. Andrzej Niewazny
Training crew of 56 sailors

Day 1.
We cleared the Daznig and set course for deep sea.

Day 2.
At 0800h we submerged.
At 1400h we suffice. Sailors it training 3,6,7,9,12,16,19,21,22,30,41,49 and 51 stopped crying.

Day 3.
Acting Chief Mechanic voiced his displeasure of his treatment by the training crew.

Day 4.
Acting Chief Mechanic has refused to sleep in his assign bunk in the engine room. Under threat of court marshal he reluctantly return to the engine room.

Day 5.
After applying ear plugs too myself I order for the ship to submerge.

Day 6.
I order the ship too suffice and Removed the ear plugs

Day 7.
I ordered a AA drill.One 110mm shell fell overboard.The culprit was not found.

Day 8.
Doctor Jakastam have suggested that chocolate be distributed among the training crew. Surprisingly the morale of the crew increased with that.

Day 9.
Ship submerged, nothing worth reporting happend.I was suprised.

Day 10.
Weapon officer Brzeczyszczykiewicz developed a nervous twitch on his face.

Day 11.
A civilian fishier was encountered. The crew of the ship made wolf calls on the training crew. Sailor in training 11 was forcefully restrain from using number two 110mm on the ship crew.

Day 12.
Weapon officer Brzeczyszczykiewicz twitch gotten worse.

Day 13.
I feel confident with the crew and ordered that the ship be submerge at day time from now on.

Day 14.
Weapon officer Brzeczyszczykiewicz attempted to kill sailor 31 by launching her thou number two torpedo tube. Doctor Jakastam said that the men suffered a nervous brake down. He is now locked in my cabin.

Day 15.
I want to be able to go back too my cabin, I cant stand those women constant talking and talking.

Day 16.
I discovered that Acting XO is sleeping in the aft torpedo tube when not on duty.I decided not too say anything about his total disregard of safety protocols, as I can understand him.

Day 17.
Screw solitary confiment I going back to my cabin with the weapon officer at least he is more sane that those she devils.

Day 18.
Chief mechanic is sporting large number of scratch marks and bruises on his person. I wonder are our engines working properly.

Day 19.
I ordered a simulated torpedo attack from both aft and forward torpedo launchers. The drill when above my expectations. The crew reaction time is actually under the regulation norm. I turnout what with nothing better too do the torpedo crew now passing there time with training in all the procedures that are listed in the manual.

Day 20.
There was a brawl in the mess. The reason there was the last bar of chocolate and who is going to have it.
I defused the situation by confiscating the offending peace of sweet and eating it myself.
The high pitch howl that resulted made my ears ring for an hour.

Day 21.
Without me ordering it night time artillery drill were conducted all night. Weapon officer Brzeczyszczykiewicz was cleared by the Doctor to return to duty.

Day 22.
Navigator in training is now in charge of all the navigation.
Acting Navigator informed me the she was plotting all the ship course for the last 15 days all by hers, and without his supervision for the last 6 days.

Day 23.
The ship is running smoothly, engineering report all clear.
All of the male crew spends most of there time in my cabin. I don't care. I stopped caring sometime ago.
Weapon officer

Day 24.
I was rudely awaken by about 10 sailors. They ware screaming and pulling me too the bridge.
On the bridge sailor 21 reported.

Quoted

Germany Destroyer, Z-203 class, laid down 1924 (refitted 1934) Displacement: 1,554 t standard. berrying 170 heeding 270 speed 12 range 5000

After completing her very professionals and detailed report, I was proud of calling myself her commander.
What good impression I had was ruined by the fact that she pointed a finner at the destroyer a hid behind me.
We and the Germans gave each other passing honors.

Day 25.
Sensors reported that a steam turbines geared drive power ship is following us.
It turnout that is was the same German destroyer from last night. I ordered the ship to suffice at day time for the first time in 12 days.
The captain after hearing what my ship mission is wished me "viel Glück" over the wireless. He sounded sympathetic of me. The training crew were picking from half open hatches. That was quiet embarasing.
I don't get it, those girls act like top submariners and they are afraid of fellow sailors on a destroyer.

Day 26.
I decided not too submerge the ship again.
We are sailing on diesel, heading back to port.

Day 27.
We are returning to Danzig.
Thank God and praise Allah and whatever deity that made me return with my sanity intact.Somewhat.

End report.

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 7:51pm

Two old goats

"Look the Rozyczka is coming back."
"Wow those girls look real good, especially they were on a sub of close to a months.They look like fresh out of a spa."
"Well the male officers look like they are returning from Verdun"

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 7:53pm

One otherthing to remember is that you will be needing 50% larger crews, because there's a very good chance that at any given time 20% of your crew will be on extended medical leave.

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 8:40pm

The KM (and the other German armed forces) will be watching this Polish experiment with bemusement and some amount of curiosity.

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 11:16pm

Hahaa, I love the bit about the brawl in the mess!

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 3:28pm

"Commander."the secretary said to somewhat nervous officer"The admiral will see You now."
kmdr ppor. Pazdzioch was a man that did not considered himself someone that is easily frighten, still the office of Rear Admiral was one place that did not set him at ease.
The office was surprisingly small. Like the entire building it had a rundown feel too it.It wreaked of cheap cigarettes.
On the desk ,that looked like it seen better day, was a stack of papers laid down in disarray plus a large ashtray that was slowly beginning to overflow. Behind a desk sat a woman in her late 30's, she had a wild eyes ,her hair ware in disarray. The woman looked like the weight of the world was on her shoulders.

kadm. Iwona Kocinska, looked up from her papers.
"Commander I was expecting you."she pointed him to a chair "Please take a seat"
"Thank You Admiral"he sat down and waited for her to continue.
"What to You think about this experiment that was forced upon us?"she cut too the chase
"The trainees have shown that they can operate a P class sub."he paused"Efficiently"
"Yes I read Your preliminary report."
"Then I don't understand the question"
"What do You think about our training regiment?"
"Its too fast. Half of the crew had to get the idea, that being 50 meters underwater is not an emergency.The admiralty takes this thing like a joke, they gave our ships cute and cuddly names. We have no female officers other that doctors. We were ordered to create a submarine women only force overnight."
"You were there last time he had too create a sub force over night 8 years ago."
"Well that was different."
"How so?"she asked with resignation in her voice.
"We had some officers that did serve on subs before and Nordmarkians helped."he said quickly
"Now we have much more officers"she said it like she herself did not believed it.
"Officers with experience that is fresh and not ex-HSF U-boot crews that did not see a submarine for 12 years, now we have officers, like you that know there equipment and have no language problems like the Nords had supplying there expertise too others."
"Well the gender problem is greater that any misunderstandings we had back then.The girls know how too run the ship. But the encounter with that destroyer showed us that they have problems when something unforeseen happens."
"That I gathered form Your report."She paused and pulled a peace of paper from her desk."This is Your new orders.You are to set sail again, This time You will be the only male officer on board. Other staff positions were assign to some of your former training crew"
Pazdzioch paled.
"Madame Admiral I think it is to early for that."
"I think the same but orders are orders.I also have more bad news for You it looks like the Germans also think this whole situation is a joke. They will most likely have a destroyer shadowing your ship, Latvians probably too. It looks like we become a curiosity for our neighboring navies. Next time you go out this show will have a full audience. Dismissed"

With that Pazdzioch saluted and left. He remembered the Chinese men he meet all those years ago, and what he said to him. At that time his curse sounded mild. Now he wished that men all the fires of hell.
Exiting the building, the Commander Sub-Lieutenant mumbled under his nose.
"May You live in interesting times, indeed."

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 11:56pm

In other, unrelated news, the Latvian anti-submarine squadren(25 subchasers) has been dispatched on a training mission, all with their new crews of men who look somewhat like this:

Sailing with them will be the armoured cruiser Riga, the 5 destroyers of the Varonis class, the 6 torpedo boats of the Baltkreivija class, the 2 minelayers of the Sahta class, the 5 submarines of the Krovana class, the 5 patrol boats of the Herons class, and the 50 MTB's of the LMTB-1 class.

The Baltic prepares for the inevitable conflict... :D

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:43pm

IC:
ORP Warszawa will depart on a diplomatic cruise with Foreign Affairs minister Tadeusz Mital on board.
The destination is Palanga a Lithuanian port.
The purpose of the visit is signing an agreement mutually guaranteeing Lithuania's independence and territorial integrity within her recognized borders.

Of the duration of the visit ORP Warszawa will be sporting
This on its hull.

Letters will be 4 meters tall

OOC:
Its in Russian translates to "Independent Lithuania"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Jan 28th 2010, 6:55pm)

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:45pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Klaipeda was handed over to the Germans... ?(

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:46pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Klaipeda was handed over to the Germans... ?(

Yes, Memel is now German IIRC.

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:52pm

Fine Palanga then...

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:55pm

Yep, Memel is now German again, and Germany just finished paying to build a D2 at Palanga for the Lithuanians to replace the one at Memel that they had been using.

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 7:02pm

RF government are observing Polish experiment with female crews with interest

RF Army have noted substantial savings on winter heating fuel as well as morale improvements from integrated crews for remote Siberian coast artillery emplacements. Unsuprisingly, these are most sought-after assignments in Russian Federation armed forces.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Jan 28th 2010, 7:03pm)

Friday, January 29th 2010, 12:23am

"Good day gentlemen"
"*cough*"
"eee Good day Lady and gentlemen,we are gather here because of power shift in the Baltic. Latvia has begun an aggressive naval build up. We view it as problem for our position in the region."
"Oh please. You are just looking for an excuse to demand more funding form the sejm."
"Well in light of the fact that 800t a quarter that we were given till 1944 is a joke. How do they expect us to guard the coastline with that?"
"We have one 12'' ship four 11'' ships 16 ocean going torpedo ships and 19 submarines. Plus two army corps to defend the coastline one hundred miles long and You want more ships?"
"We are a nation with almost 1000 years of naval tradition !"
Yeah may a remind you of what happened to the last Kings navy. It got disband in XVI century."
"That is not the point madame!"
"Anyway our position as 4th largest navy in the Baltic is pretty safe."
"This is about the principle. Even Late Marshal Kustrzeba did not envisioned us having aircraft carriers and they do!"
"Let them."
"We must speak with one voice If we are to receive increase in funding!"
"I'm going home this is too retarded."
"Well go, no one stopping you ,woman"
With that commander of submarine force went home.
The admiralty was discussing ways to get more money, but they did not get any...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Jan 29th 2010, 12:32am)

Friday, January 29th 2010, 12:35am

We don't have carriers...I said I wish I had one. I have 1 9.2'' gunned ship, 2 cruisers that are comparable to anything you have, 6 destroyers that are better than anything you have, and assorted other ships.

Friday, January 29th 2010, 12:46am

I did not stayed that You didn't. :D
Still no reason to increase production.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Jan 29th 2010, 12:50am)

Friday, January 29th 2010, 12:59am

I did not state that you didn't is the same as saying I did state that you did. Double negitive. Did you mean I did not state that you did?

I'm not. The 150 planes being built will be replacing an equivelent number in the Air Force. Those 150 that were removed will be sent to the National Guard, removing 150 planes there and sending those to warehouses to be used in times of war.

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 11:26pm

Mysl Wojskowa

MON have issued an order for 50 PZL.81 fighter-bombers. The plane will carry a 250kg bomb and be able to conduct dive bombings.This plane is considered a stopgap solution before newer dedicated dive bomber will enter service. (1)

Large scale military maneuvers were conducted in Lwow district. 3rd Armour Division supported by aviation played the role of the opposing force. The purpose of this war games was to judge how effective is the army defense versus fast moving aggressive force.

Advancing 7TP tanks with P.11c flying low over head.Lwow 1938

Picture, a screen capture made with Il-2 FB+AEP+PF video game.

(1) OTL IAR 81

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Feb 4th 2010, 11:52pm)

Friday, February 5th 2010, 12:34am

Thats interesting, especially since the IAR 81 isn't out yet, and won't be at least until late 1939.

Friday, February 5th 2010, 1:16am

The 81 is basically the 80 with a bomb rack.

Offcourse if You are opposing the idea I will drop it.
You are the WW owner of the design after all.