You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 12:43am

bump......

Maybe we should make this a sticky post.....

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 12:45am

Stuck.

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 3:35am

Meh, people ignore the stickies, unless they've got new stuff in 'em.

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 3:45am

At least the thread won't disappear under new ones....

Monday, June 21st 2010, 1:11am

Can we stick the links up top? Like AltNavy's ship drawing tool?

Monday, June 21st 2010, 2:02am

We could (I even created a button for it, as well as a replacement Ship Drawing button a while back). But since we can't get the direct-link-to-channel thing to work, it'd just link to the login page that doesn't really log you in, and seems to confuse people.

Friday, June 25th 2010, 5:04am

...and by 'we', I guess I mean Hoo. Since the admin options I'm familiar with don't include the coding for the board's stylesheet, or the contents of the top menu bar.

But here's the buttons I put together;

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, June 25th 2010, 8:13am

Please forward your request to Testpilot (email). The addition of buttons is beyond my rights too.

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 6:46pm

Bump:
- Javachat
- Webchat

If using the webchat, enter your desired nickname and "Wesworld" in the channel box.

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 4:39am

For those IRC people using the Webchat or Javachat to log on, the IRC admins recently tweaked the anti-spambot settings; this returns "-Kakrafoon.CA.US.Nightstar.Net- *** You are banned. If you feel this is in error please contact us at http://www.nightstar.net" We have contacted the IRC host admins for resolution of this problem.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 10:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
For those IRC people using the Webchat or Javachat to log on, the IRC admins recently tweaked the anti-spambot settings; this returns "-Kakrafoon.CA.US.Nightstar.Net- *** You are banned. If you feel this is in error please contact us at http://www.nightstar.net" We have contacted the IRC host admins for resolution of this problem.

The problem seems to have reappeared. I was not able to get on to IRC yesterday and again today. X(

[05:30] == ERROR: Closing link: (NSwebIRC@pool-96-242-4-214.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net) [Z-Lined: You look like a bot. Change your nick/ident/gecos and try reconnecting.]
[05:30] == No such nick/channel: BruceDuncan
[05:30] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 4:32pm

Looking into it.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 4:36pm

Bruce, are you trying to enter your nic before you enter the channel?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 5:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by snip
Bruce, are you trying to enter your nic before you enter the channel?

Yes, because on the input form displayed to me it prompts for Nickname and Channel before entering. I also identify to Nickserve, so it ought to recognize me, and it has, until yesterday.

This problem cropped up about two weeks ago, when the sysads at Nightstar 'tweeked' their anti-bot software. I presume that they may have tried again.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 5:13pm

I asked because whenever I would do that in the Java chat, strange things would happen. For the webchat, I have no idea.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 5:14pm

Snip got on earlier using the Javachat; have you given that a try?

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 5:22pm

No problem logging in for me (webchat)

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 5:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Snip got on earlier using the Javachat; have you given that a try?

I have now, with no success at all. The Java applet failed. X(

I'm in the midst of upgrading software, but the problems with our IRC manifested *before* I began upgrading software. I figured that since I could not chat, I might as well get caught up on upgrades.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:05pm

Does this include browser updates? that might help things. Your still on IE6 right? If you are going to change, I recommend Firefox.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by snip
Does this include browser updates? that might help things. Your still on IE6 right? If you are going to change, I recommend Firefox.

Yes, there might be difficulties using IE6 since it's no longer a secure browser.

Though I tried to log on using the webchat on Firefox and it rejected it - and actually bounced my Trillian connection at the same time, since it originated on the same IP.