You are not logged in.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:16pm

I have the RC for 4 on this computer and it works fine for Java. Never tryed the webchat with it
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:21pm

Quoted

[12:17] JustBob: We shall have one of the opers who can fiddle with the botscanner check into that.
[12:17] JustBob: This may take some time, as I believe most of them are out and about doing routine daily stuff today.
[12:17] JustBob: i.e. not near their computer.

Bruce - I think last time we determined that longer login names raised more red flags to the spambot. Try just using "Bruce" to log on with (and don't bother with a password).

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

[12:17] JustBob: We shall have one of the opers who can fiddle with the botscanner check into that.
[12:17] JustBob: This may take some time, as I believe most of them are out and about doing routine daily stuff today.

Bruce - I think last time we determined that longer login names raised more red flags to the spambot. Try just using "Bruce" to log on with (and don't bother with a password).

Okay, I will try that and We'll see what happens.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Quoted

No Joy :(

[13:25] -Kakrafoon.CA.US.Nightstar.Net- *** You are banned. If you feel this is in error please contact us at http://www.nightstar.net
[13:25] == ERROR: Closing link: (NSwebIRC@pool-96-242-4-214.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net) [Z-Lined: You look like a bot. Change your nick/ident/gecos and try reconnecting.]
[13:25] == No such nick/channel: Bruce
[13:25] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

Okay, I will try that and We'll see what happens.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:46pm

Another tact might be a different nick, as "bruce" is fairly common. Try something like BDunk.

Also, like I mentioned yesterday, bypassing the java and webchats by using an installed client may help.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:52pm

I've e-mailed you an old mIRC client, Bruce. See if that helps any.

Monday, April 18th 2011, 8:33pm

RE: IRC Channel

Quoted

ShinRa and I just set up an IRC channel for us to conduct a live group chat in, should we wish.

For those interested, go here, leave the username and password boxes blank, and enter "Wesworld" in the Channel box.

- Javachat
- Webchat

If using the webchat, enter your desired nickname and "Wesworld" in the channel box.

Bump.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 7:44pm

I am banned?

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:19pm

Not that I'm aware of.

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 9:53pm

Seems to be awefully quiet in IRC these days. Don't be shy folks!

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 10:47pm

I'm always in there. Try pinging me to get my attention, as I'm usually multitasking.

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 12:12am

If I'm not mistaken, folks in the IRC will be gifted with a live performance of the annual Valentine's Day edition of The Agony of Walter Rooijen.

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 2:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
If I'm not mistaken, folks in the IRC will be gifted with a live performance of the annual Valentine's Day edition of The Agony of Walter Rooijen.

Walter doesn't love us anymore. He stopped visiting. ):

Monday, June 1st 2015, 5:36pm

Over the last several days I have been trying to log in to Nightstar IRC without any success. I keep getting a 503 system unavailable error. Not certain why, not certain what I can do. Any suggestions?

It not that I don't like you all, but if I can't get to the forum, I can't entertain you... :D

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:48pm

Just noticed that. Trying to go there directly I get a 503, but if I go through kiwiirc, I can just get there without any problems.

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:53pm

You could try it with this (altered from the Navalism one I have to Wesworld)...

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.nightstar.net/#Wesworld

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:55pm

Well, that does seem to work.

Thanks Walter.

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 10:00am

Thanks Walther !!! Yes it seems to work !!! :D

Wednesday, January 23rd 2019, 10:19pm

I've slowly been yanked onto the Discord ecosystem, and as much to test out some things as anything else, I created a Wesworld server if anyone's interested in giving it a shot; https://discord.gg/TS9TjSu

For those unfamiliar with it, Discord is a similar chat system as IRC, but with a more centralized system that makes it a bit easier to connect and stay connected. Some advantages it has over IRC includes being able to read conversations that occur even if you're not actively logged in, as well as being able to create subchannels for different topics, and being able to make them private if needed.