You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, January 1st 2010, 12:54pm

I still need another twin-engined fighter.

So if anyone wants to switch an entry to a twin type then please let me know ASAP.

If not then I'll send a Gloster Gunner instead of the Spitfire or send a Nordmark Geting fighter.

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 3:52pm

Further update.

I've put a Kongsberg Geting Mk2 twin-engined fighter in place of one the Nordish SAAB F-21s.

I'm assuming a Polish team of one PZL 80 and one PZL P.50. If the current Polish player wishes to alter this then let me know (it won't seriously affect the results).

After discussions with Mac and Hrolf its decided Iberia will field two He-112I.

Monday, January 4th 2010, 2:48am

I was actually planning on sending a PZL P.50 and a PZL P.11d (OTL P.24) but its up to Marek.

Monday, January 4th 2010, 5:49pm

Yes Poland will send PZL P.50 and PZL P.11d.

I think those two are the last fighters my WW poland will build on its own.
Polish future airforce will be based on license build designs.

Monday, January 4th 2010, 6:37pm

So no P.56 and P.62... :(

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 12:32am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
So no P.56 and P.62... :(

Its like asking Rooiyen to start building 90.000t Yamato's

O_o

Then again he might actually do that.

Other than that those two will be available (by standard rule of two years) in 1941 at that point they will be obsolete.

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 12:16pm

Ok I'll make the changes.

Don't think the P.11d will win any events but its the taking part that counts. :)

Walter is probably building 190,000 ton Yamatos!

Its a shame about the P.56 and P.62 but as you say Poland is behind the times but there is a bulk of similar older fighters about. Not everyone has a fleet of 400mph fighters yet.

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 12:46pm

Quoted

Its like asking Rooiyen to start building 90.000t Yamato's

O_o

Then again he might actually do that.

I won't do it...

... I already started them. :D (92,000t to be exact)

Quoted

Walter is probably building 190,000 ton Yamatos!

No I am not building nor will I ever build 190,000 ton Yamato's.

... but I will build the ~240,000 tons Muteki Nippons. :D

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 9:59pm

Well, Romania might develop the P.56 and P.62, the IAR 80 and the P.50 are similar enough.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 1:07am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Its a shame about the P.56 and P.62 but as you say Poland is behind the times but there is a bulk of similar older fighters about. Not everyone has a fleet of 400mph fighters yet.

The vast majority of my planes are under 400mph still, if only by a little. Only one current service twin-engine interceptor over.

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 3:29am

Why would the P.56 & 62 have to wait to 1941 and with something other than the HS-12Y the could be decent fighters

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 1:04pm

I think if Talons teaches us anything this year its that the supposed old and slow types might just be superior to the latest 'hot-rod' types in certain situations.

I've just got the grand duel to write up and then I'm done.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, January 11th 2010, 8:35am

Is there an overview available that lists for comparison name, plane, power, speed, range and last years result (in case of attendance)? Might help to place some bets. ;o)

Monday, January 11th 2010, 2:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Is there an overview available that lists for comparison name, plane, power, speed, range and last years result (in case of attendance)? Might help to place some bets. ;o)

That is what I'm thinking as well...

As for polish newer were... well in WW there already is a staggering list of airplanes that never existed so I'm not adding more.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:21pm

Mexico, TNCA, and Azcarte now take this time to unveil a series of future projects:

Type 105Mx meets Aguila III. The ultimate development of both familes. (Originally I was going to use the P-40Q, untill Wes stole that one *glares in his general direction*.)

Pic by Vukovlad

A dedicated ground-attack aircraft based on the Hs-129 and A-10. Designed around the Mexican 47mm AT gun.

Pic by Vukovlad

A high-altitude medium bomber, based on the B-28.

Since the US won't be developing it, the P-39/63. I'll be using the bubble canopy one to distinguish it from the Dutch version.

And finally, a powerful high-altitude fighter based around a turbocharged PW 2800.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Jan 11th 2010, 5:22pm)

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:35pm

Heh, that last one looks like the P-47, which the US is developing....

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Mexico, TNCA, and Azcarte now take this time to unveil a series of future projects:

Interesting. I'm surprised at the 47mm gun on the CAS aircraft. Isn't that ahistorically large?

This time next year ENAER+Spartan will be able to demostrate the Alicanto naval bomber and the ZCA scout/light fighter.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:41pm

On the 47mm being ahistorically large, depends on the period. Before 1942, yeah, it's too big, but after that (assuming there's a war involving tanks) it would be OK. The WW German Hs-129 derivative is expected to be armed with a 50mm gun (the historical Hs-129 B-3 carried an enormous pod with an auto-loading version of the 75mm PaK-40 AT gun, the BK 7.5).

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:44pm

Yes that looks like the Thunderbolt.
Still I cannot for the likes of me understand why US is not developing the Airacobra.

As for the 47mm. SPAD XIII had 37mm almost 20 years ago, so I had no problem with that.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:57pm

Basically, the US isn't developing the P-39 because it doesn't need a short-range, low-altitude bomber interceptor. Without turbocharging, the V-1710 has serious altitude limitations, and the US is production-limited on the turbochargers (engines are MUCH more available). For interceptors, the P-38 gets priority for turbochargers over the P-39 because of it's much longer range.