You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:26am

Vladivostok Verifier, 4 April 1938

RF Navy announced today that aircraft carrier Kulikovo will be transferred to Northern Fleet. Replacing her at Petropavlovsk will be aircraft carrier Strashniy, which will then enter the large dock at Petropavlovsk for a refit.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Dec 6th 2009, 1:31am)

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:31am

IIRC the Kulikovo is a one of design? (I know theres a pair of improved designs on the way)

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 2:49am

Kulikovo...

is ~17,000 tons and 70 aircraft. She's the first of her class, and was followed by 2 more of similar design.

Two Azov class carriers (30,000 tons, 98 aircraft) just got laid down.

Strashniy is ~13,000 tons and 56 aircraft. She's the first Russian carrier built from the keel up as a carrier.

Hence, it's about time for a refit.

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 3:13am

You also have the two Canopus class. I don't recall, whats the name of the second ship? I assume she's completed by now as Peru ordered her some time ago.

Monday, December 7th 2009, 5:21pm

The new one is named Sirius.

My collier conversions retain their name.

She's now on her shakedown cruise. She'll join the Northern Fleet as a carrier tender/aircraft transport, until such time as the Peruvians decide she's worth finishing paying for.

I'll try to keep her out of trouble until then. :D

Monday, December 7th 2009, 5:30pm

Well, remember that Chile had offered to buy her - I've just never seen the full specs, and there was a little war between FAR and Peru which delayed her delivery.

Monday, December 7th 2009, 6:11pm

The Peruvians sunk some money into her...

so they're first in line.

Russia does have a reputation for reliability in commerce to maintain, after all.

But the Chileans are second!

Monday, December 7th 2009, 7:06pm

Mexico also had interest in her.

Monday, December 7th 2009, 8:22pm

As did the Colombians, who as an ally of Russia probably will get dibs before Mexico.

Looking back, we've got 500 tons sent to Russia in Q3/36; 2,000 tons in Q4/36; so a total of 2,500 tons paid. Checking the reports, there's 2,266 left to pay.

Alvama, are you aware of that project's existence?

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 1:08am

Mexico is ALWAYS interested!

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 1:17am

Not always, or he would've taken Chester and Birkenhead off my hands at some point. :P