You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 11:38am

Sooo, what 20mm cannon does France have in WW?
Is the entire world apart from AEGIS using Oerlikons?

This is why the RAF doesn't use the historical Hispano cannons as I had suspected it was still an Iberian firm.
Maybe its time for Vickers to develop a 20mm, ah heck just skip to ADEN...

No comments on the Peruvian planes, some look nice, some ugly (uglier than even I would draw!) but most seem doable except for the advanced fighter but then I'm biased in favour of the I-02.

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 12:00pm

Not everyone: Germany has developed the MG-151/20 (though using a longer cartridge than the historical 20mm x 82).

Other than that, though, for Oerlikons to be the default 20mm IS fairly realistic.

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 1:09pm

Might as well post what has so far been considered the ugliest plane drawn by me

Hmm, does this mean I can steal Hoods "Ugly aircraft Inc" title?
:D

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 1:38pm

Yep, a big red "X" sure is ugly! lol

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 1:45pm

Hmm, I have no problem with the pic

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 1:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
No comments on the Peruvian planes, some look nice, some ugly (uglier than even I would draw!) but most seem doable except for the advanced fighter .

may I ask whish ;)

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 3:54pm

Shows up now! :)

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 6:21pm

Quoted

Italy is just starting to use their own (historical) Isotta-Fraschini-Scotti 20mm. It's powerful, but rather big and heavy. On the other hand it has a reasonable rate of fire and belt feed which is more than most other contemporary cannons.

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 7:16pm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALVAMA" (Dec 5th 2009, 7:18pm)

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 8:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

Italy is just starting to use their own (historical) Isotta-Fraschini-Scotti 20mm. It's powerful, but rather big and heavy. On the other hand it has a reasonable rate of fire and belt feed which is more than most other contemporary cannons.

The only Isotta-Fraschini Scotti 20mm I can find is a ground or naval weapon, firing the 20 x 138mm round from either 60 round drums or 12 round round strips.

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 8:29pm

Looks very nice Alex, especially the cockpit detail.

Quoted

The only Isotta-Fraschini Scotti 20mm I can find is a ground or naval weapon, firing the 20 x 138mm round from either 60 round drums or 12 round round strips.

It's pretty much the same weapon. A belt fed version was developed firing at 600rpm. Chinn has quite a bit of detail in The Machine Gun Vol 1 and is quite a fan, especially of the reliability. I reckoned you could cut around 5kg off the weight given it's for aircraft use. Still fairly heavy at 65kg, but a powerful cartridge that's useful against tanks. A useful weapon, probably update it in a while for either higher rof with a shorter 20mm cartridge or a larger 25-30mm cartridge.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 11:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Sooo, what 20mm cannon does France have in WW?

Well, I have the Belgians using 20mm Hispanos. Perhaps I shouldn't though, since they were French allies, not likely to go looking to Iberia for guns.

Then the Dutch.. who are in AEGIS..but were associated with Denmark before joining AANM, use a FN-retooled variant of the Danish Madsen in 20mm and 23mm. The Kongo is so far doing the same, but may branch out.

Of course I'd like to skip to the Gsh-23 :) Already feature GAST 13.2 MGs in a couple tight spots, wouldn't be that much of a leap..except that 27 year one...