You are not logged in.

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 2:44am

Mwahahahaha!!!

I have picked up my shiny new FN FAL rifle. Integral bipod, peep sights, IMBEL receiver, muzzle break and flash hider... It's so new that there aren't even any wear marks on the bolt or the hinged surfaces... Best part is, I picked her up from a guy who had to sell due to a divorce, so I got her for about $200 below what an average beater FN FAL with these specs is worth in parts!

She's named Matilda. :D

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 3:00am

Sweet

Don't mess with Matilda!

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 3:03am

*Waltzes with Matilda*

...what, stop looking at me like that.

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 6:41am

Shiny! I just bought an Airsoft M1 Thompson. It ain't the same as the real thing, but you can shoot people with it... :D

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 6:56am

A lot cheaper to feed, too. I'm looking at $.45 / round to feed this rifle. 8o

I saw a semiauto Sten gun at the show; also a Ruger 10/22 rifle that'd been completely rebuilt to resemble a German MG42. Thing looked WICKED.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 8:13am

Are you guys talking real guns or soft air guns or something?

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 9:27am

Both, mine's airsoft, Brock's is real.

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 12:23pm

My babies are an AK-47 and a M-1 carbine with the folding stock.

HoOmAn

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 11:19pm

Aha... Real gun nuts.... As if Columbine never happened. Or any other similar massacre.

I will never understand the US American way of thinking regarding weapons. Well, probably not all US Americans.

And I can´t say I like it....

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 11:25pm

...I will decline to comment, as this is a subject which I feel very strongly about; I don't believe a debate on this issue will be beneficial and I'd rather not spoil the IRL-politics-free aspect of this forum which I enjoy.

Agree to disagree?

HoOmAn

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 11:28pm

I tend to disagree that is is a matter of politics - at least not first place.

But I agree we should avoid this discussion probably if you have strong feelings about all this. I´m sure there is no argument that could make you think different. Same here, just the other way round...

Just do me a favour - don´t post any Muahahaha message anymore just because you fired your gun or something.

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 11:34pm

Aw

*Shrugs* S'fine. Now that I know it's an object of dissent I'll refrain from discussing it here.

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 11:56pm

One rant before the subject is dropped...

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
As if Columbine never happened.

Second amendment politics aside, I don't like seeing that particular incident used as a rallying call for any issue, since such panicked fervor is how I managed to get unlawfully expelled from my school by the end of the week for simply owning a black trenchcoat. Said incident is one of the primary reasons I was unable to pursue a proper college education, and lack a decent job at this point.

And no, I don't own any firearms, and haven't put much thought into getting one.

Friday, October 16th 2009, 12:32am

I understand how that could be rant-inducing. I've heard a few similar stories, myself.

Friday, October 16th 2009, 12:42am

And then, at the low end of the spectrum, there's me, with a nerf gun. :D

Friday, October 16th 2009, 1:16am

I'll never understand the European mindset on gun control, that said thats how they do it and I don't honestly care.

Colombine and the few incidents similar to it really to me are not something to huff about. Idiots will still find ways to get guns even if the government cracks down on it. It happens here in Canada and we have strict gun laws. Happens more in the U.S. you say? Of course it does, the U.S. has (at least) 10 times the population of Canada, its going to happen more often. Its a simply law of averages.

Its not the gun laws that need major overhauls, its the penal system that needs it. You shouldn't be able to commit a murder and get just 5 years in the slammer for it. I don't care what anyone says, 5 years is not enough time for a violent criminal to recognise the error of his ways and change his spots.

Even if somehow you could magically remove guns from the criminal world, they will simply find other ways to kill. Cars kill people and we don't ban those.

Friday, October 16th 2009, 1:28am

Well, with all that out of the way I think I'm going to put on a Mod hat and lock the thread, and encourage the rest of you to amuse me with posts elsewhere. :D

HoOmAn

Friday, October 16th 2009, 1:37am

-erased to avoid a flame war-

HoOmAn