You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 1:18am

Bulgarian Army OOB

A couple points:

1 - There's mention in the latest OOBs of "carbines" being issued to various personnel. The Bulgarian encyclopedia entry on equipment doesn't show any weapons labeled as "carbines", so what is Bulgaria using here?

2 - Aircraft integral to the artillery battalions. That's rather interesting, but I'm not sure you'd want them attached that way and it makes control and placement of your units somewhat problematic: If you're going to attach aircraft to the army units, I'd probably move this up to AT LEAST the regimental level, if not the division.

3 - 2 Sdkfz-222s per division: I just find that funny. :)

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 1:39am

The attachement of aircraft at that level is unusual but in no way unique look at the Italian Police Companies in North Africa

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 1:39am

RE: Bulgarian Army OOB

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
There's mention in the latest OOBs of "carbines" being issued to various personnel. The Bulgarian encyclopedia entry on equipment doesn't show any weapons labeled as "carbines", so what is Bulgaria using here?

Only shows up in the stormtroop OOB for the runners, IIRC. It's just a standard K31 Schmidt-Rubin. I marked it elsewhere as a rifle, but it's just a standard K31. Maybe shortened, but not necessarily.

Quoted

Aircraft integral to the artillery battalions. That's rather interesting, but I'm not sure you'd want them attached that way and it makes control and placement of your units somewhat problematic: If you're going to attach aircraft to the army units, I'd probably move this up to AT LEAST the regimental level, if not the division.

Fair enough; even so, the artillery battalions always have an aerial spotter unit attached while they're in the field. I'll just combine them at the regimental level for organizational ease. :)

Quoted

2 Sdkfz-222s per division: I just find that funny.

You mean in the Mechanized Rifle Regiment?

Yeah, I'm going need to buy more of those, I expect. The low numbers kinda happened because A.) I ran out of Sdkfz-222s and B.) I only had two in the scout company, and none appeared anywhere else in that unit. *shrugs*

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 2:28am

RE: Bulgarian Army OOB

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

There's mention in the latest OOBs of "carbines" being issued to various personnel. The Bulgarian encyclopedia entry on equipment doesn't show any weapons labeled as "carbines", so what is Bulgaria using here?

Only shows up in the stormtroop OOB for the runners, IIRC. It's just a standard K31 Schmidt-Rubin. I marked it elsewhere as a rifle, but it's just a standard K31. Maybe shortened, but not necessarily.

No, it's all through the OOBs, for runners and company-level MG teams.

Quoted

Quoted

Aircraft integral to the artillery battalions. That's rather interesting, but I'm not sure you'd want them attached that way and it makes control and placement of your units somewhat problematic: If you're going to attach aircraft to the army units, I'd probably move this up to AT LEAST the regimental level, if not the division.

Fair enough; even so, the artillery battalions always have an aerial spotter unit attached while they're in the field. I'll just combine them at the regimental level for organizational ease. :)

Makes sense.

Quoted

Quoted

2 Sdkfz-222s per division: I just find that funny.

You mean in the Mechanized Rifle Regiment?

Yeah, I'm going need to buy more of those, I expect. The low numbers kinda happened because A.) I ran out of Sdkfz-222s and B.) I only had two in the scout company, and none appeared anywhere else in that unit. *shrugs*

Yeah, there are a FEW more in most divisions (6 or so, from the cavalry companies attached at regimental level). Just funny. If Bulgaria wants some more, they're easily obtainable.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Sep 27th 2009, 2:29am)

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 2:39am

Hm, well - any time I refer to carbines, it's still the standard K31 or the Steyr 1895 carbines. There are a couple other rifles which float around the Bulgarian Army - there's even some Enfields and Mosin-Nagants left from Great War captures. Not many, and they're old.

I would have bought more Sdkfz-222s in 1937, but I'd majorly broken the bank already with a *lot* of purchases. 1938 is looking to be much the same way. If it weren't for the massive Army Next Door, I'd be cutting troop levels and trying to get the remaining forces better equipped...

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 7:15am

Yes, the Yugo's do have a very large force don't they, its even larger than Romania's. Romania still has the largest airforce though.

Guess I should really get around to updating Poland and Romania's encyclopedia's.