You are not logged in.

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 4:28pm

1st Week of Q2

Monday April 3, 1922
Exchange rate for this week:
1 USD = 130.05 Yen, - 4.68 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.08 USD, + 0.00 USD

Wednesday April 5, 1922
Akaibara Yayoko has been hired to fill in for Nagano Yasunori, AWNR: Japan’s (former) star reporter, who is still in hiding somewhere. This beauty from Tateishi (Echizen-ken, Fukui-gun) has been a journalist for Fukui Shinbun for two years now. For the time being, Ms. Akaibara has accepted to take over the job of Nagano, although there already have been rumors that she will take over the position of AWNR: Japan Star Reporter permanently. Her recruitment by in AWNR: Japan also means that she will be promoted to the position of “Fukui Shinbun Journalist of Foreign events”.
The acquisition of Ms. Akaibara has put a smile on the face of AWNR: Japan’s director, whose hair has turned gray during the last couple of weeks.
Ms. Akaibara’s monthly article “Yayoko’s Personality of the Month” will also appear among AWNR: Japan’s news articles as a quarterly article known as “Yayoko’s Personality of the World”.

Thursday April 6, 1922
Akaibara Yayoko immediately started her work by leaving for the Ryukyu Islands. She will get in contact with the warships that have been sent toward the Ryukyu area and get up to date with the situation in the Southwestern part of the Empire.

Friday April 7, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 51 points, + 2 points

Shinbun = Newspaper
Akaibara => Comes from combining “Akai”, meaning red, and “Bara”, meaning rose.
Echizen-ken => Echizen Prefecture
Fukui-gun => Fukui District
There is also a reason why I chose "Tateishi", but I'm not going to tell you.
:-p

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 8:54pm

Yayoko’s Personality of the World, Q2, 1922

Crap! I got an error in the explorer before I could post it. Curse you, Microsoft!!
:-)
... anyway now for something completely naval-less and useless. -_-;;
(and I do hope I made no errors and that the couple of links work)
========================================

[SIZE=3]Yayoko’s Personality of the World.[/SIZE]

Name: Akaibara Yayoko
Nickname: Yayo-chan, Yayakoshii
Born: 9/20/1893 in Edo
Lives: Tateishi (Echizen-ken, Fukui-gun)
Height: 156 cm
Weight: A secret ^_^
Occupation: Newspaper journalist for Fukui Shinbun and AWNR: Japan Star Reporter
Awards and Achievements:
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: November 1920”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: January 1921”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: March 1921”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: September 1921”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: November 1921”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: December 1921”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Month: February 1922”
“Fukui-gun Journalist of the Year: 1921”

‘Okinawa Times’ “Best Newspaper Article Award: 1921” for “Yayoko’s Personality of the Month”
Kyoto’s ‘Teikoku Shinbun’ “Article of the Year 1921” for “Yayoko’s Personality of the Month”
Edo’s ‘Bakufu Shinbun’ “Article of Excellence 1921” for “Yayoko’s Personality of the Month”
“3rd Place National Kendo Championships: Fall Tournament 1921” (October, 1921).
“National Kendo Champion: Winter Tournament 1922” (January, 1922).

Konnichiwa. Watashi wa Akaibara Yayoko. Doozo Yoroshiku. *bows*
Greetings. I am Akaibara Yayoko (or Yayoko Akaibara to all of you gaijin out there). Pleased to meet you.
Welcome to the improved variant of my award-winning article “Yayoko’s Personality of the month” which has been a very successful article for Fukui Shinbun. Now that I also work for AWNR: Japan, I will also atempt to get some well-known personalities from other nations in this, my new quarterly article “Yayoko’s World Personality of the World” .
... and since it is my article, it is only natural to start with myself. ^_^
Normally, I am the one asking the questions, but for this quarter’s issue, I have managed to find a reporter (read: ‘sucker’) who will ask me the questions.

AWNR: You’re originally not from Tateishi, right?
Akaibara: I was born in the Shogunate City of Edo, but when I was 5, we moved to Tateishi where I still live today. In Tateishi I also started with my first lessons in Kendo basics. Once that was done, I continued with training in Fukui at the Omakuro Dojo. In Fukui, I also learned the Art of Journalism.
AWNR: Did you intend to become a Journalist when you grew up?
Akaibara: No. My father was a general in the army of the Oda family Daimyo. I grew up with the stories he told of the great warriors of the past and I always wanted to become the Tomoe Gozen of the Taisho Era. Journalism didn’t enter the picture until someone from Fukui Shinbun came to do an article on the Omakuro Dojo. It seemed like a very interesting job since you have the ability to meet a lot of people. So I started to study even more than I did before and in the end managed to get a position at Fukui Shinbun.
AWNR: And it is believed that you are the only Samurai-Journalist in Japan.
Akaibara: So I have heard.
AWNR: So do you think that, being a Samurai as well as a Journalist, gives you a different look at events compared to other journalists?
Akaibara: Probably. A warrior thinks differently than a merchant or a peasant. He might consider a certain event to be positive for Japan because it is good for the military, while a merchant could consider the same event to be negative since it is bad for the economy. I guess that is why Fukui Shinbun is so popular, not only in Fukui-gun, but also in the rest of the Empire. Its Journalists come from the various layers of Society and so its articles have a great variety of viewpoints.
AWNR: About your skills with the sword, you are the current National Kendo Champion.
Akaibara: I am, but the competition is stiff. There are many excellent men and women who practice the art of Kendo. I was lucky last time to get the hit and win, but it is sometimes necessary to have a bit of luck together with one’s skills. I hope that with both skill and luck I will be able to defend my title successfully during the Spring Tournament held this month in Edo. I do hope that all my fans reading this article will come to Edo and cheer me on.
^_^
AWNR: Are you not afraid that this will interfere with your work as a Journalist?
Akaibara: To me the Championships are more important than my job. I made this clear when I worked at Fukui Shinbun as well as with AWNR: Japan when they wanted me to take the position as its Star Reporter.
ANWR: Yes now…
Akaibara: And AWNR: Japan promised to give me a bonus whenever I am victorious during the Championships.
^_^
AWNR: All of us wish you the best of luck with the National Championships (eventhough it'll come out of our paychecks)
Akaibara: (I heard that! Shut up and move on to the next question!)
AWNR: Now your look on your job at AWNR: Japan.
Akaibara: Well, I think that becoming a reporter for AWNR: Japan gives me a good opportunity to see something of the world. I also hope that my presence will have a positive influence on the nations that I will visit in the search for news. And I hope that I can meet a lot of interesting and important people on my journeys. I also hope to be able to meet my many fans outside Japan.
AWNR: (You have fans outside Japan?)
Akaibara: (Yes, I have. Don't trail off and go on to the next question!!)
AWNR: … and what about the man that you are currently replacing, Nagano Yasunori?
Akaibara: Ohohohohoho! (*ANNOYING LAUGHTER*). He is such a fool, getting in such silly problems. Apparently he is not manly enough to face the enemy.
AWNR: And you are?
Akaibara: *glare* Yame Nasai!
AWNR: (Gomen…)
Akaibara: He’s clearly addicted to gambling. That has been his flaw all the time, but he should know when to stop. I heard his debt was 15 million yen. And now, because he does not know when to stop, debt collectors are tracking him down. I do hope they get him because that would give me a good article for AWNR: Japan.
AWNR: Moving...
Akaibara: Ohohohohoho! (*ANNOYING LAUGHTER*). Let him sweat for a while... I don't care. A nice story it will be.
AWNR: ... moving on to one of the main events of last year, the coming into effect of the Treaty of Cleito. What’s your view of the Treaty?
(OOC: Okay so it is not completely naval-less) :-D
Akaibara: I think that I might share the same view as all the other people of Japan. NASTY is the word for it that we all use. On one hand, I think that it is good to limit the naval strength of all the nations, but I do believe that Japan did not receive the tonnages what it should have received. Still, I think that Kaetuza-dono had something in mind when he accepted to sign.
AWNR: You think something not legal?
Akaibara: How should I know?! I’m not working for INPA!
AWNR: Well, a skillful Journalist could easily sneak into the INPA office and find out.
Akaibara: … and I am not a ninja of the Yagyu or Nakamura clan either!
AWNR: (Not much of a Star Reporter if you cannot sneak into the INPA office)
Akaibara: Urusai!
AWNR: Does that mean there will be less naval news appearing in the news reports?
Akaibara: Well that would depend. If something exciting is happening in the world of the Imperial Navy, I’ll go and make the report. If not, well too bad then.
AWNR: (She doesn’t like our glorious navy) *sniff*
Akaibara: (Quit whining. You’re running out of time anyway.)
AWNR: You really do not like our navy, do you?
Akaibara: Ohohohohoho! (*ANNOYING LAUGHTER*). I have had the privilege to read the work of the Chief of Naval Weapon Development, Oonishi Tohoda. It is clear that a plane, when correctly constructed and used can blow an entire navy, no matter how big, out of the water. I think it is more important for our industry to concentrate of such aircraft rather than all those ships.
AWNR: Surely aircraft carriers have their use when it comes to aircraft?
Akaibara: Ahou! The treaty limits the construction of such vessels so what use are they if you can only build a few of them!
AWNR: Okay. Any final words to your fans out there?
Akaibara: Yes. I do hope you all follow my news articles in Fukui Shinbun and AWNR: Japan and that you all keep supporting me during the National Jujitsu Championships next month in Nagoya and come watching me defend my title at the National Kendo Championships this month in Edo. I hope you will also support me to become the number one reporter of our glorious nation.
Furthermore, I hope that you consider buying my books, Manga, and Anime DVDs in order to follow my exciting and dangerous adventures, play my video games in order to be me and go on many of my exciting and dangerous adventures and buy my many CDs and listen to all my beautiful songs. Also available are a great variety of T-shirts in different size with me on it. Buy one to show everyone that you support me. Photos and posters of me are also available and if you want my autograph on them, I’m in the Fukui Shinbun Office every first Monday of the month and two days after that in the office of AWNR: Japan in Kyoto. Also, should you encounter any Hentai material of me, please, please, please report this to the nearest Shinsengumi Official.
Last but not least, replicas of my Dotanuki “Soaring Dragon” are available, created by Marto in Toledo, Iberia. Unfortunately no replicas are available of my… “Golden Butterfly Sword”.
Also donations to financially support my travelling expenses can be made daily in either one of the offices. Put your donation in an envelope and write “To Yayo-chan” on it and either deliver this envellope to one of the offices of mail it to "Marutamachi agaru kamigyoku kyoto 602, Nippon". Please, please, please?
^_^

Ganbare, Yayoko!
Go, Go, AWNR: Nihon Suta Ripo-ta!
Ja ne!

^_^

Yayakoshii: puzzling, tangled, complicated, complex
NASTY: Nordmark-Atlantis-South Africa Treaty
INPA: Imperial Naval Planning Agency
Ahou: Fool, Idiot
Hentai: that would be all the naughty and kinky stuff.

Marto is an actual manufacturer in Toledo, Spain.

The (*ANNOYING LAUGHTER*) bit is a minor variant of the (*DIABOLICAL LAUGHTER*) bit in Monty Python's "Spanish Inquisition Sketch" (Guess that would be the "Iberian Inquisition Sketch" in the Wesworld).
But unlike Cardinal Ximinez's 'Diabolical' laugh, Yayoko's laugh would be annoying, like the laugh of Naga the White Serpent from the Anime "Slayer" (really annoying laugh, but that is one reason why she is such a great character)
I found a site and the "Marutamachi agaru kamigyoku kyoto 602" adress I got from that site is the adress of the old Imperial Palace in Kyoto... so in the Wesworld, the adress Yayoko gives would be the adress of the Emperor and Empress.
(Wonder why she did that...)

Walter

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 11:50pm

Uh!

Walter.....

You´re nuts!

Keep it coming...

HoOmAn

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 11:59pm

You should know that by now
:-)

Monday, March 29th 2004, 1:43am

Yes...yes we do Walter but thats why we like ya! I can totally picture in my head that annoying laughter now.....

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 2:47pm

Rest of Q2 news...

... Well, I had most stuff ready but it wasn't quite finished and with Easter and now Mother's day, I'm a bit busy...

Monday April 10, 1922
1 USD = 131.64 Yen, + 1.59 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.07 USD, - 0.01 USD
Akaibara report: Today, I’m taking my plane back to Kyoto in order to prepare for the coming Tournament. I didn’t have enough time with 3 days to figure out what is going on here in the Southwest region of the Empire.

Wednesday April 12, 1922
Akaibara report: Tomorrow it all starts again. But for me it is different. I start tomorrow’s Kendo Spring Tournament as defending champion. By the time I am finished (hopefully as champion), the situation in the Southwest should be a lot clearer. But in the mean time, I’m off to practice…
^_^

Thursday April 13, 1922
Today is the first day of the Kendo Spring Tournament. Terada Fushige, captain of the battleship HIJMS Fuso, starts the Spring Tournament, like the Winter Tournament, as the “Senshuken” while the Kurôto Akaibara Yayoko starts the Tournament as Champion.

Friday April 14, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 50 points, - 1 point

Saturday April 15, 1922
Akaibara report: Today, 10 years ago, the great Ocean Liner Titanic was lost on its maiden voyage…
… but I’m not going to waste my time with a long report on this. That is the business of the Yanks and the Limeys. I just thought I should mention it.

Monday April 17, 1922
1 USD = 131.01 Yen, - 0.63 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.12 USD, +0.05 USD

Friday April 21, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 52 points, + 2 points

Monday April 24, 1922
1 USD = 133.05 Yen, +2.04 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.02 USD, - 0.10 USD

Friday April 28, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 51 points, - 1 point
Kendo at its best as Kengô Senshuken Terada Fushige, Kengô Gosamu Anzai and the defending champion Kurôto Akaibara Yayoko have reached the final day with the maximum 45 points. Despite losing a point on day one, Kengô Omakuro Mutsushi is still very much in the race as he gathered 44 points as he secured a place in the quarterfinals as well. Tomorrow will determine who the champion will be.

Saturday April 29, 1922
The final day of the Spring tournament saw Terada Fushige thunder into the finals as he swept away Shûjuku Berudan Endo in the quarter finals and Kengô Gosamu Anzai in the semi finals. On the other end, Kurôto Akaibara Yayoko had no problems with Shûjuku Ameramu Karamu and managed to get past her Sensei, Kengô Omakuro Mutsushi, despite almost making a fatal error when she was 1-0 down.
The final was between Terada Fushige and Akaibara Yayoko. First round went to Fushige after 6 minutes. Second round got to a draw after 4 minutes, but when restarted, Yayoko got the hit at the 8 minute mark. Third round saw four consecutive draws at the 3, 6, 7, and 9 minute marks as both combatants fought for the championship. Finally Yayoko managed to force Fushige to make a mistake at the 13 minute mark, score the hit and retain the championship.
Yayoko was thanking all her fans for their support while Fushige swore he would get her in the Summer tournament.
With a 41 point win in the previous tournament and 45 points in this tournament, Akaibara Yayoko has a chance to be promoted to the highest rank of Kendo, Kengô, if she manages to get 40 or more points in the next tournament and defend the title successfully.

Monday May 1, 1922
1 USD = 132.62 Yen, - 0.43 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.00 USD, - 0.02 USD
Akaibara report: Yay!!! Champion again ^_^
I’m off to the Southwest again to see if anything has happened there.

Thursday May 4, 1922
Akaibara report: Well, it is clear that absolutely no one here knows what is going on here. Not even the sailors and officers from the warships have any idea what the situation is here. Rumors are there that the Kurokawa Oniwaban are in charge of the investigation. If that is the case, then perhaps the Head of National Security will be able to tell me more. Well, I am off to the Capital to find out what he knows.

Friday May 5, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 50 points, - 1 point

Saturday May 6, 1922
Akaibara report: Well, I managed to meet with the Head of National Security, Nakamura Jomei. While not revealing that much, he did tell me that, as was reported by the Iberian “El Pais” last month, the pirate forces were probably bigger than initially thought. So far no one has been able to find the base of the pirates, which is apparently pretty hard to find.

Monday May 8, 1922
1 USD = 134.06 Yen, + 1.44 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.01 USD, + 0.01 USD
Akaibara report: Shimori Saiji, Japan’s famous author, has been reported missing (again *sigh*). Last time people saw him was when he was running around the streets of Kyoto, waiving his arms in the sky and screaming that he couldn’t take it anymore, meaning that, as usual, he was unable to get some good inspiration for his current work. This is not the first time this has happened.

Friday May 12, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 51 points, + 1 point

Monday May 15, 1922
1 USD = 135.68 Yen, + 1.62 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.00 USD, - 0.01 USD

Friday May 19, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 49 points, - 2 points

Monday May 22, 1922
1 USD = 138.55 Yen, + 2.87 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.93 USD, - 0.07 USD
Akaibara report: Wakamasu Yasuhiro, Japan’s Warship Design Artist, was taken to the hospital yesterday suffering from pains in his right arm. Doctors weren’t sure what it was, but believe it has something to do with the recent 250 design paintings he had done, which probably put a lot of strain on the artist’s arm. The type of Japanese warship design and the looks of the ship are based on what he makes of it with his amazing painting skills.
It sometimes amazes me that he can fit all the infamous so-called ‘Tohoda Guns’ on the painting as well; it is said that if Oonishi Tohoda wants 200 small guns on a ship, Yasuhiro-kun will be able to fit them all on the ship...
... though I find that pretty hard to believe. There is no way you could fit them all on a ship with the current restrictions!
Wakamasu Yasuhiro (shouting from the hospital window): Ever seen my amazing hedgehog destroyer?!? 350 small guns! Truly amazing!! Hahahahahaha!! *clenches fists* AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! My hand!!!
Akaibara: What an idiot… -_-;;

Friday May 26, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 47 points, - 2 points

Monday May 29, 1922
1 USD = 139.55 Yen, + 1.00 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.91 USD, - 0.02 USD

Friday June 2, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 48 points, + 1 point
Akaibara report: With Wakamasu Yasuhiro still hospitalized, Japanese warship designing has temporarily come to a halt. Once Yasuhiro-kun is able to return to the design board, ship designing can continue.

Monday June 5, 1922
1 USD = 144.19 Yen, + 4.64 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.86 USD, - 0.05 USD

Friday June 9, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 45 points, - 3 points

Monday June 12, 1922
1 USD = 133.99 Yen, - 10.20 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.99 USD, + 0.13 USD

Friday June 16, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 44 points, -1 point
Akaibara report (somewhere along the Chinese coast. In the background, pirates are unloading their loot): Well, it is said that the Iberian Foreign Intelligence Service together with the Kurokawa Oniwaban have been searching along the coast for a dozen times or so, but so far nothing has been found what looks like a base from which those villainous pirates operate. And keep in mind that more than a month has passed since they started out. Does this mean that our enemy is that good at hiding their stuff, or does this show the stupidity of the intelligence services? (Though it wouldn’t surprise me if it were the latter) Naturally the Navies are not successful either... and neither am I...

Monday June 19, 1922
1 USD = 142.72 Yen, + 8.73 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.94 USD, - 0.05 USD
Akaibara report: Shimori Saiji was found at his home again. He was busy writing some sort of story and unavailable for any comments. We all hope he had some great inspiration and that the book will become a masterpiece.

Friday June 23, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 44 points, 0 point

Monday June 26, 1922
1 USD = 139.35 Yen, - 3.37 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.94 USD, +0 USD

Friday June 30, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 45 points, + 1 point

(It should be noted that Kendo tournament Wesworld style is different to real world tournament (as far as I know))