You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 31st 2009, 4:23pm

DeBroek F-3C

I am trying to make a line drawing of the F-3C and could use some help

This is what I got so far

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Nov 10th 2009, 4:01am)

Friday, July 31st 2009, 4:34pm

I recognize the name but can't place the plane. Fighter?

Friday, July 31st 2009, 4:37pm

Its the evolved SAE Arado Ar.80

Friday, July 31st 2009, 4:46pm

What a doll !!!

Nice drawing!
Do I have the permision to make some changes for you? and post it back here?

Friday, July 31st 2009, 4:48pm

Ofcourse, feel free to use any pics I post

Friday, July 31st 2009, 5:22pm

Its supposed to have semi retractable landing gear so how about a P-35 setup?

Friday, July 31st 2009, 5:44pm

Check this one...

I change a lot on this aircraft , it still looks like an Ar80 but with many aerodynamic improvements and a full retractable landing gear plus two MG's at the wings !

Friday, July 31st 2009, 5:50pm

Very good, saved

Friday, July 31st 2009, 6:18pm

Navarchos I hope you dont mind me playing a bit with your picture

Friday, July 31st 2009, 6:18pm

Starting to look like a Fiat G55 to me. :P

Friday, July 31st 2009, 6:21pm

Heh thats the future F-3P :D

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 12:52am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

I think you´re pretty close. :o)

HoOmAn

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 12:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by Navarchos
Check this one...

I change a lot on this aircraft , it still looks like an Ar80 but with many aerodynamic improvements and a full retractable landing gear plus two MG's at the wings !

I like this one a lot even though her cowling surely would have looked less like it carries a Merlin. It could be the projected F-3D about which I have in my database for storytelling reasons (but never used it):

F-3D (Single Seat Fighter)
Enhanced F-3C with modified cowling, cockpit and tailplane, new engine for better performence at low and medium altitude (LMF750 VI of 860hp). Project cancelled when details of JFMs projected and much more advanced F-6 fighter became available.

HoOmAn

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 12:59am

Quoted

Navarchos I hope you dont mind me playing a bit with your picture

This F-3X probably could be a homegrown development of the Persians - or at least of somebody working for Persia on a more modern version of their beloved F-3C. It might offer a performance similar to that of a historical Me109E... For more I don´t think her (aft) fuselage is good enough.

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 1:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Quoted

Thanks, now about the new wing and engine, any suggustions? F-3C compared to the F-3A

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 1:40am

With the war over I am sure DeBroek could use some export orders so another hypothetical version ( not much left of the original F-3A at this point)

F-3X Breëkoparend

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Aug 1st 2009, 2:49am)

HoOmAn

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 9:33am

Quoted

With the war over I am sure DeBroek could use some export orders so another hypothetical version ( not much left of the original F-3A at this point)

F-3X Breëkoparend

DeBroek surely could do that. It´s a good idea, thought. Seriously interested? We could set up a story....

EDIT: What I like most here is this type of forward fuselage and cooler which fits good into a development tree. Her tail plane on the other hand looks a bit too much like a Zero or something. Here I´t probably stick closer to the historical Arado style, albeit modified.

HoOmAn

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 11:13am

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Quoted

Thanks, now about the new wing and engine, any suggustions? F-3C compared to the F-3A

Well, her wing was modified to carry an additional pair of machine guns. Not sure how that could be seen on a side view.

The cowling needs two MG slots above the engine. I´d probably also add some small cooler below.

The covering of the partially retractable gear could probably be lengthened a bit....

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 3:07pm

And then the possible future versions that I am interested in if a licence deal could be arranged

Modified Ar.234 tail

Modified Ar.80 tail

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Oct 23rd 2009, 1:09am)

HoOmAn

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 9:38pm

I´d go with the lower one. She´s MUCH better. I´ll brew up some stats for that bird that fit the F-3C tech tree... Not using planebuilder, that is. What armament do you prefer? The RSAF used 7,62mm, 15mm and 20mm so far.