You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 11:28am

IJN fuso 1944

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALVAMA" (Jul 8th 2009, 5:06pm)

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 3:07pm

Very nifty!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 4:04pm

Great!

But is that bow form correct?

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 4:27pm

Quickly looking around at pictures of the Fuso class on the net indicates that that is pretty much the bow that the Fusos had. In your eyes, what part of the bow is wrong?

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 6:00pm

The pictures I have seen seem to be similar, though the slight rise at the bottom is not what I have seen. Also the stern as I know it has a negative angle rather than a slight overhang. That said I'm going by one picture, based on a model so the accuracy may be suspect.

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 11:06am

updates

some modfieds

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 11:14am

On her bow form....

I have never seen a drawing of Fuso with such a bow. Breyer shows her with a nearly vertical bow with the lower end a tid bit more foreward (but not really a ram).

In fact, no IJN capital ship I am aware of showed such a bow line. What´s your source on it?

The only design that comes close is the Hyaga/Ise class but there this lower cut away is much less dominant as on your drawing and at a much shallower angled.

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 11:29am

I looked with google yesterday and saw quite a few pictures of Fuso with a bow like that. I will take a look at the few books I have, especially one of the Tamiya books I have which clearly shows the bows of a number of IJN ships. I know I saw a bow like that in that book but I am not sure which vesel it was.

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 1:07pm

Source

My favoriet writer Siegfried breyer and some little drawing found here and there at the Internet.

I'll take more look to it

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 2:28pm

At least this picture on wiki looks like yours... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co…20/Fuso1944.png

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 3:56pm

AotS: Fuso shows the same. I thought the Fuso bow was in the "Random Japanese Warship Details" books but looking at it now, that particular bow I though of belongs to the Kongo class.

hooper82

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 2:15pm

Hey can I ask what you guys use to draw these? They are awesome!

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 3:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by hooper82
Hey can I ask what you guys use to draw these? They are awesome!

Thanks

I Use MS Paint