You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 5:49pm

Yugoslavian War

when is the damn thing starting? When I was Yugoslavia I was pushing it for 1938 but I was told that timeline was out of the window. IMO at least Yugoslavia should be given a perceived chance of winning; or at least for the Yugo government. No sane nation will start a conflict without at least an exit strategy. But of course see the mess we are now in RL. :rolleyes:

Friday, June 19th 2009, 6:08pm

One would expect a shopping spree before it begins

Friday, June 19th 2009, 6:13pm

Official statement: we writers have elected not to release the timeline for the Yugoslavian War until we actually start posting. We've already rescheduled our timeline once, and we want to have a large portion of our writing completed before we start publishing, so as to avoid getting behind the main game timeline.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 6:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Official statement: we writers have elected not to release the timeline for the Yugoslavian War until we actually start posting. We've already rescheduled our timeline once, and we want to have a large portion of our writing completed before we start publishing, so as to avoid getting behind the main game timeline.

But is that timeline behind the current Indian story arc? A major war in Europe will affect the events in the Middle East if it started on the summer or fall of 1937. Just need to know so I stop for now until that war catch up to us if that the case. So a yes or no will suffice.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 19th 2009, 6:57pm)

Friday, June 19th 2009, 7:59pm

I don't think it would be very realistic to just tell everyone "Hey this is when the war would start". How are you going to get realistic responces?

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
I don't think it would be very realistic to just tell everyone "Hey this is when the war would start". How are you going to get realistic responces?

The problem is that I don't want to get too far ahead. If the war is already going on by the winter of 1937 it will affect the responses and events in the Middle East. It could also explain the reactions and actions of the British for example plus it would affect the actions of the Aegis nations in the region.

I don't want the timeline or dates, just I'm ahead of or behind of. I'm running another story arc and as I said, a major European War is not something to disregard. If running ahead I will stop until the War catch up with my storyline. If no, I will also stop for now to try for everyone to catch up to Q4.

I don't want to know how or went or why, so still I will react with surprise to events. And realistc reactions? With an island called Atlantis of the African coast? :D

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 19th 2009, 8:06pm)

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:15pm

With the story already set there is not much point in commenting.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

True. So if I say I'm sending twenty divisions it would not matter. I think Vuck got a good point, what is so realistic of Russia doing nothing while they have being historically the defenders of the Serbs. At the least they will threat with war if Serbia is being dismembered. IIRC that's what started WW1. :rolleyes:

The wars are scripted, so what it matters when it start, not knowing the unfolding events is what makes them interesting.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:24pm

*Deadpan voice*

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

Oh dear. However shall we cope.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:33pm

I stopped my writing in Spring of 37 as from what I understood the war was nigh.

Since the Dutch will be at least peripherally involved. RA asked what the Dutch could/would send, I provided a list and timeframe for the forces.

The conduct of the war will effect how the Dutch view their domestic politics and international obligations. Indeed, it is possible that if the war is delayed enough the Dutch response to a conflict and level of aid would change from my original response.

From what I understand currently, I will be going ahead and update my news through Q4, which will cover things like the India-Uk deal, the purchase of SAE battleships and miscellaneous.

So I would like is to know a little bit in advance, like 'btw, next quarter is likely the yugo war'.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:36pm

When we start posting the Yugoslav War, I would like for us to be ahead of everyone else's news for just that reason.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
I stopped my writing in Spring of 37 as from what I understood the war was nigh.

Since the Dutch will be at least peripherally involved. RA asked what the Dutch could/would send, I provided a list and timeframe for the forces.

The conduct of the war will effect how the Dutch view their domestic politics and international obligations. Indeed, it is possible that if the war is delayed enough the Dutch response to a conflict and level of aid would change from my original response.

From what I understand currently, I will be going ahead and update my news through Q4, which will cover things like the India-Uk deal, the purchase of SAE battleships and miscellaneous.

So I would like is to know a little bit in advance, like 'btw, next quarter is likely the yugo war'.

Exactly my point. A major war will affect the actions of Bharat and the British somewhat. Still I will stop for now to allow others to catch up.

So the Dutch got SAE battleships? HUM!

This could help selling ABUSE to the Raj if it happens before the ratification, if it happens after the treaty we will not be too happy with the South Africans but an answer of just business would be understood. Still not be too happy about it, but.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 19th 2009, 8:54pm)

Friday, June 19th 2009, 8:39pm

Quoted

When we start posting the Yugoslav War, I would like for us to be ahead of everyone else's news for just that reason.

Still a war doesn't start out of the blue. I liked the way Hood and Ho played the South American War. I agree with Kirk, Just a one quarter heads up so everyone can catch up sounds reasonable.

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, June 19th 2009, 9:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

This could help selling ABUSE to the Raj if it happens before the ratification, if it happens after the treaty we will not be too happy with the South Africans but an answer of just business would be understood. Still not be too happy about it, but.

Hence the large payment in Q3. Really made doing my turn easier :)
When I get to it, it will likely be a very early Q3 announcement.

Back in 1918, the lack of heavy warships is why India couldn't push their advantage against the DEI fleet further. Shortly after the Treaty of Honolulu, SAE sold Bahrat a battleship. Talk about someone being unhappy...

Friday, June 19th 2009, 9:16pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Hence the large payment in Q3. Really made doing my turn easier :)
When I get to it, it will likely be a very early Q3 announcement.

Back in 1918, the lack of heavy warships is why India couldn't push their advantage against the DEI fleet further. Shortly after the Treaty of Honolulu, SAE sold Bahrat a battleship. Talk about someone being unhappy...

If during July it definetely will be the linching pin to convince Bharat to sign the Treaty.

On the other hand if after the announcement it will be an easier sell to the Dutch cabinet and their constituency to pay for these battleships.

IMO the big winners after all of this will be the SAE. They got the Indians out of Satsuma, a better working relationship with the British and they sold two capital ships to an ally at a very good price. :D

Friday, June 19th 2009, 9:23pm

Quoted

Quoted

Still a war doesn't start out of the blue. I liked the way Hood and Ho played the South American War.

We've already planned on this. Just because you haven't seen it yet doesn't mean it won't happen - when the time is right.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 9:45pm

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

Still a war doesn't start out of the blue. I liked the way Hood and Ho played the South American War.

We've already planned on this. Just because you haven't seen it yet doesn't mean it won't happen - when the time is right.

My gripe is that a major European war will have an effect all around the World on elevel or the other; the AEGIS nations will be busy fighting for example and their capabilities to react to other situations will be curtained.

If we were talking about real reactions; or example, you could see some pressure being applied to one of the AEGIS nations by one or more countries for political change. With one of the alliance countries being basically out of the equation AEGIS is weakened at this time.

I just don't want to go too far away because the longer this war goes on the larger their effect will be worldwide.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:03pm

I think I'm being misunderstood. The way you guys are setting the war works very well in our setting. By getting the whole thing completed before posting allows you guys not to fall too far behind (the only defect of the South African War IMO) and allows for somewhat up-to-date responses to events from the rest of us.

But, it will be very difficult IMO to get everyone on the same book without at least giving a one quarter heads up for everyone to catch up. But that is just my opinion.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 19th 2009, 10:04pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:09pm

Quoted

If during July it definetely will be the linching pin to convince Bharat to sign the Treaty.

On the other hand if after the announcement it will be an easier sell to the Dutch cabinet and their constituency to pay for these battleships.

IMO the big winners after all of this will be the SAE. They got the Indians out of Satsuma, a better working relationship with the British and they sold two capital ships to an ally at a very good price. :D

The discussions with SAE were well prior to the treaty announcement though the Dutch Foriegn Ministry was aware of some of the talks...oddly didn't share much with the PM...of course they don't like each other much...

Anyhow, a good presumption is the transaction was pre-treaty.

As for the ships, they make the Dutch fleet even more top-heavy, but fit their desire to field maximum strength in the upcoming several years, the price is good but fair, and helps SAE's post war building.

Besides, how many "foriegn" warships can we buy that come with instructions already in Dutch ?

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:10pm

Quoted

I think I'm being misunderstood. The way you guys are setting the war works very well in our setting. By getting the whole thing completed before posting allows you guys not to fall too far behind (the only defect of the South African War IMO) and allows for somewhat up-to-date responses to events from the rest of us.

But, it will be very difficult IMO to get everyone on the same book without at least giving a one quarter heads up for everyone to catch up. But that is just my opinion.

Ah, okay. And the direction I'm approaching things from is that, IMHO, by the time the war starts, everyone will see the escalation of rhetoric in the news, and be able to react alongside the countries involved. The only people to have difficulty will be those who are posting a month or three ahead of us.