You are not logged in.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:16pm

Patience is a virtue

We're not even supposed to know there is a war coming, so planning anything is really presumtuous and dare I say opertunistic.

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
With the story already set there is not much point in commenting.

Yes we script conflicts, why? Try and get everyone on here at the same time every day so we can all act out in real time what would happen in a world war.....

Smaller conflicts are just as hard and if you need any idea as to how hard talk to James and Stephen. while the South American war was scripted there was still room for others to react. If the war starts in the middle of your plans.....well thats just the way it is, you'll have to play it be ear like the rest of us!

I'd be carefull in proding others to "get on with it" with reguards to any potential conflicts because you just might convince them to say "Screw it!"

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
I think I'm being misunderstood. The way you guys are setting the war works very well in our setting. By getting the whole thing completed before posting allows you guys not to fall too far behind (the only defect of the South African War IMO) and allows for somewhat up-to-date responses to events from the rest of us.

But, it will be very difficult IMO to get everyone on the same book without at least giving a one quarter heads up for everyone to catch up. But that is just my opinion.

Ah, okay. And the direction I'm approaching things from is that, IMHO, by the time the war starts, everyone will see the escalation of rhetoric in the news, and be able to react alongside the countries involved. The only people to have difficulty will be those who are posting a month or three ahead of us.

Point taken. Mea Culpa. Will finish the Nairobi meeting and then wait for everyone else to catch up.

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Ah, okay. And the direction I'm approaching things from is that, IMHO, by the time the war starts, everyone will see the escalation of rhetoric in the news, and be able to react alongside the countries involved. The only people to have difficulty will be those who are posting a month or three ahead of us.

Point taken. Mea Culpa. Will finish the Nairobi meeting and then wait for everyone else to catch up.

And vice-versa. Don't worry, guys: we're not suddenly going to announce "Today we started the war, suckers!" and make you rewrite all your past news reports. And further, even though we're going to have a lot of the story written ahead of time, we're not above fixing some stuff to respond to comments and criticism.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, June 20th 2009, 2:41am

Well as long as you guys don't let us get ahead it will be fine. How the run up of the war shakes out will effect how willing politically the Dutch are to commit beyond the initial forces I told RA he could have. Should offset some of those Yugo divisions :)

Sunday, June 21st 2009, 8:18am

Waiting on the Yugo War

Is one of the reasons why I as the Romania/Poland player have stopped posting anything new in the news, I am allied to the Yugo's so I kinda have to respond to anything that occurs. However I am still working on the Polish reports, and the next installment will be ready as soon as I get some time to type up the SAE/Romanian navies. I had it all done, and then my (insert bad word) hard drive decided to go on vacation without informing me, so I have to retype it all again. At least I wrote it out on paper first.

As well, it gives me some time to catch up on the Brazilian news, which once I get an okay ill start posting. Btw, just so everyones aware, ive got something interesting floating around in the dark recesses of my mind, and the bloodshed's not done in Brazil yet :D.

Btw, its the Yugo's turn for the tonnage sharing deal between the PRJ in 1937 this year, so they are getting 2,000 tons a quarter from Romania and Poland. Not sure if you took that into consideration or not.

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 2:51pm

Some points IMO need to be taken into consideration by the team working in the war:

1) the PRJ alliance. They are bound by Treaty to Yugoslavia but if Yugos are the agressors they are off the hook but still a wild car to think about. At least IC

2) Russia. They have always being the big brother of their Slavic brothers so IMO you would see a Russian protest in regard to any dismembering of Big Serbia. By looking at the map not a lot they can do except puff but you don't want to piss off the nation with the largest army in the world.

3) Tactics and organization. Look at the disposition of forces that I had in Yugoslavia. They are located in those armies for a reason. :rolleyes: Italian Army Divisions in WW are not more than uparmored brigades in terms of manpower. Something else to think about it.

I think you guys will do an excellent job in scripting this war. I have read DF stories about the Cristeros Revolt and they have some salsa on them. Also can't wait for the historical records as provided by RA. Of course it will be Italian propaganda. :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 22nd 2009, 3:07pm)