You are not logged in.

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 5:34am

Life is Hectic

Like the old saying "you wait ages for a bus, then 3 come at once", such is my life.

In the next 3 weeks, I am going to be semi on holiday, attending a relatives wedding, and starting work with the environment agency (which involves moving to Essex from sub-tropical Bedfordshire), so my presence on the boards might be a little sporadic to say the least, though hopefully it will only be a temporary occurrence.

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 5:58am

Good luck with the new job.
Having moved out of Essex I'd say its very tropical. Humid and hot all summer, no rain, no snow just clammy muginess all the round. Still I can't moan, since I've moved up north its rained every day in three.

Whereabouts are you moving to in Essex?

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 9:51pm

Environment Agency rather than trains?

I know what you mean about hectic, I've been working 12/13+ hour days the past couple of days and its not going to slow down for another few weeks.

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 4:57am

Yup, the EA!

I'm starting work tomorrow, and as a result moving this afternoon. I may be lacking an internet connection for a few days, but will endeavour to be be back soon.

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 8:27am

I just been offered a job working with the MoD which is good. Will be moving down to sunny Portsmouth in October but have a nice long summer break in between.

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 9:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
I just been offered a job working with the MoD which is good. Will be moving down to sunny Portsmouth in October but have a nice long summer break in between.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Glad to hear it came through!!

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 1:45pm

Thanks Mac, I hope you had a nice couple of days in London. The time you went back also coincided with when the weather turned bad. Its a bit of a relief to know that I've got something definite for the future now.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 3:53pm

Very good to hear, congratulations RA

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 4:08pm

Congrats Gavin, its nice to have a steady job!

Earl, I echo the sentiments of James, good luck with your new job as well!

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 4:38pm

Is the new job going to affect your trip to the DC area, RA?

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 4:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
Is the new job going to affect your trip to the DC area, RA?

No, I'm starting in October as there's a three month security check. I pretty much have a summer without much to do. Currently trying to finalise a few things for the DC trip, do you know any good hostels in the area?

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 6:05pm

America really doesn't have many "hostels"... maybe the bigger cities do, I suppose. But I've never lived in a big city...

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 7:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
America really doesn't have many "hostels"... maybe the bigger cities do, I suppose. But I've never lived in a big city...

Yeah, I'm not aware of any either. There's a lot of motels and hotels around, but since DC is tourist-y, they can be a bit expensive.

What length of stay are you looking at? Also, are you going to be renting an Car (If you'll have a car, that means it's easier to find stuff away from the Metro stops)? I can ask my mother if she knows of any decent deals in the area.

A quick Google search brought this up, tho;

http://www.hiwashingtondc.org/

http://www.hostels.com/us.dc.html?source…CFSQMDQodeEoGew

A fair warning; The 'residential' areas of Washington DC itself are places most people avoid.

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 8:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
No, I'm starting in October as there's a three month security check.

Here's hoping they don't look in here because if they do we are all in trouble.......especially Foxy with his nefarious plans!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Jun 7th 2009, 8:06pm)

Monday, June 8th 2009, 12:17am

Mwuhahahaha!!! So what were we saying about nuclear weapons? :D

Monday, June 8th 2009, 1:07am

We need somewhere to stay the first week but are being put up the second week. There's a place up in Takoma Park that looks ok. Any idea what the neighbourhood is like there? Otherwise there are a few in the centre which should be fine if a bit more expensive.

Cheers

Monday, June 8th 2009, 6:40pm

Takoma Park is where one of the Metro stations are, so there isn't really much of a need to get a place any closer to the city center. I don't know much about it myself, but I'll ask around a bit.

Monday, June 15th 2009, 12:01am

I'm off at silly o'clock tomorrow morning so won't be around much the next two weeks. I should have net access but probably not the time to check in.

Snr. Ulivi's hand is hovering over the button, just waiting to push it at the first sign of trouble.

Monday, June 15th 2009, 12:28am

Enjoy your trip!

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 6:11pm

I'm back in the UK again but will be pretty busy over the next couple of days. It'll take me some time to go through all these posts as well.