You are not logged in.

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 8:14pm

... and looking at the current people present, it looks like it is a two on three handicap match in favour of those vile, rulebreaking heels, the Bullying Moderators. :D

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 8:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Shin Ra has already dismissed Japan and if they have no knowledge what can India and the Philippines offer?

He did indeed.

Incorrect, I simply disputed various grandious claims about Japan being implied as the world's foremost leader in all technological areas, and pointed out that building a large number of submarines does not neccesarily mean they're the best submarines.

With or without Japanese/Indian/Filipino assistance, China (to me) represents one of those "we must crawl before we compete in a marathon" situations; WW Canada did not start it's shipbuilding industry immediately with fleet boats and battleships and carriers, I started with Light Cruisers, some modernizations, then branched out into more ambitious projects.

Before I can realistically contemplate China developing a 1946+ level long-range submarine, I'd like to see them have more experience operating subs to know what they're capable of, and where improvements can be made. Again, to bring up Canada; Canada had experience operating similar ships and experience building smaller ships for several years before laying down it's larger and more ambitious projects.

And since I see a comment about "bullying moderators", I also feel compelled to point out that none of the moderators have flat out said "No, you can't do this, because we said so." I see players who happen to be moderators (As well as players who aren't) bringing up what we view as legitimate concerns and issues with where this advanced technology is coming from, considering the history (both WW and @) does not support the kind of rapid technological development being implied here.

All in all, this kind of discussion would go a lot better for all involved if that kind of unconstructive rhetoric was left out, and instead focus remained on the technical and logistical issues.

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 8:36pm

Quoted

Incorrect, I simply disputed various grandious claims about Japan being implied as the world's foremost leader in all technological areas, and pointed out that building a large number of submarines does not neccesarily mean they're the best submarines.

Well, there's your problem. Considering that none of us ever claimed that Japan has the best submarines (as you apparently think we're thinking), we read your bits as "Japan has no knowledge." Good to know that we read it wrong then. :)

Quoted

Before I can realistically contemplate China developing a 1946+ level long-range submarine

I don't see it as long range... It's the regular range of the O-21 sub I based the sim on. 30,000 nm+ at 14 knots of the I-400 (both historical and the one of WW Japan) that is long range. :)

Quoted

And since I see a comment about "bullying moderators", I also feel compelled to point out that none of the moderators have flat out said "No, you can't do this, because we said so."

Hey. Wes wanted a name, so I gave him one that seem to suit the "nefarious tag team" aspect as well as their position on the board. It's not my fault that they are mods. :D

Brockpaine, ShinRa_Inc, thesmilingassassin... Wesworld's versions of Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase. :D

Makes me wonder who Vukovlad an me would be... Edge and Big Show? :D

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 8:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Makes me wonder who Vukovlad an me would be... Edge and Big Show? :D

The Dynamic Duo! :D

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 8:42pm

Nah. Face it. We're heels as well. :)

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 10:36pm

May be it's a japanese construction under a chinese flag ? Who knows ?

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 10:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
May be it's a japanese construction under a chinese flag ? Who knows ?

or like some historical designs built by the Japanese for the Chinese; is too crazy for us but we can built it for you and see if it works kinda of deal. :rolleyes: :D

Friday, June 5th 2009, 5:38pm

I see we have a regular comedy hour here today.

If I was a bullying moderator you guys wouldn't be posting right now ;)