You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 8:11pm

Well, seeing as how you asked for it...

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

I'm feeling in something of a mood to offend or insult people;

Go ahead! Do your worst! :)

Quoted

Quoted

so I'm going to shush now, and if anything I said was interpreted as insulting, I apologize.

Because it is me you are dealing with, you should apologize for not being insulting enough! :D

How about if I insult you by refusing to apologize for not insulting you? [SIZE=1]Take that and stuff it in yer pipe and smoke it! :P[/SIZE]

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 8:13pm

Some nuclear depth charges would be useful about now...

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 1:14am

Quoted

Quoted

The Japanese tourist who shot that photo subsequently disappeared, rumored to have been kicked out of an airship somewhere near Resolute.

"No Japanese tourists were hurt in the creation of this film." :)
Good thing it wasn't Manzo, or you would have lost that airship somewhere near Resolute. :D

Sketchy reports include the description of a female reporter with prominent handbag. :o

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 7:16am

Quoted

You say "fairly predictable and wise"... but at the same time you say it is "not a serious design, simply smoke and mirrors." So what is it you're thinking? Is is "fairly predictable and wise" or "not a serious design, simply smoke and mirrors."? :)]

I said the carriers were fairly predictable and wise and by carriers I meant the surface ones not the undersea ones. I think my quote was preaty clear when I went on to comment about the sub right after.......

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
The carriers are fairly predictable and wise.

As for the subs I tend to agree, not a serious design, simply smoke and mirrors.

Clearly two separate coments about two seperate types...

Anyway I'm not going to comment any further on the design, I'm not going to contribute to a thread thats turning into a flame war.

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 7:53am

Flame War!

BTW Love the sub carrier, pity there is no way I can afford it.

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 4:01pm

If you could pay for it I have a bridge to sell you!

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 4:04pm

Well, he could pay for it, he just wouldn't be able to afford anything else for a year or so.

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 4:09pm

I can sell him a bridge imediately though!!

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 8:00pm

Quoted

How about if I insult you by refusing to apologize for not insulting you?

That is being annoying, not insulting. :D

Quoted

Sketchy reports include the description of a female reporter with prominent handbag. :o

She'd probably be sueing Canada for the use of unsafe airships. :)

More likely the tourist in question was wearing a red shirt. :D

Quoted

I said the carriers were fairly predictable and wise and by carriers I meant the surface ones not the undersea ones. I think my quote was preaty clear when I went on to comment about the sub right after

Oh, it was clear but I just had to say it since the submarine design is also a carrier design. :D

Quoted

I'm not going to contribute to a thread thats turning into a flame war.

Well, the only flames I have seen so far are in that picture of Desertfox. :D

Quoted

BTW Love the sub carrier, pity there is no way I can afford it.

Even if you could afford it, there is no way that it can work in the 1930s or 1940s. Maybe it is possible with today's technology, but not back then.

Quoted

I can sell him a bridge imediately though!!

And he could use it right away. No need to wait for 2 years. :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (May 7th 2009, 8:00pm)

Friday, May 8th 2009, 1:28am

Quoted

Quoted

I said the carriers were fairly predictable and wise and by carriers I meant the surface ones not the undersea ones. I think my quote was preaty clear when I went on to comment about the sub right after

Oh, it was clear but I just had to say it since the submarine design is also a carrier design. :D

Apparently it wasn't clear because your still off on the same tangent. :)

Friday, May 8th 2009, 5:29am

Regardless, top Canadian scientists have developed a much better platform for the Submarine/Aircraft situation....

Friday, May 8th 2009, 10:00am

Quoted

Apparently it wasn't clear because your still off on the same tangent.

Your reply is "fairly predictable and wise".
*runs away and hides in bunker* :D

Quoted

Regardless, top Canadian scientists have developed a much better platform for the Submarine/Aircraft situation....

Hmmm... That looks like the thing I saw in a program on NGC or DC (not sure which of the two) of which they said that it could never go as deep as indicated due to the shape of the hull. :)

Friday, May 8th 2009, 2:11pm

Quoted

Quoted

Apparently it wasn't clear because your still off on the same tangent.

Your reply is "fairly predictable and wise".
*runs away and hides in bunker* :D

You can stop trolling now Walter :)

Friday, May 8th 2009, 2:41pm

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:D

... I'll shut up now before I become even more silly. :)

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 4:21pm

Not a 1938 ship but the two large carriers that are currently under construction. Messed around a bit with a few linedrawings to get this.

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 4:34pm

The superstructure is awfully large and lacking FC directors.

Surprised you haven't gone with something that looks like Shokaku or Taiho instead of Essex.

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 4:47pm

Well, large pieces of Taiho are pasted on it. I think that there is more Taiho in the picture than Essex. FC is the same as on the Taiho picture.

Will see about the superstructure.

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 5:50pm

Perhaps moving two of those Island mounts to the bow would allow you to place two FC dirrectors on the Island.

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 8:34pm

Quoted

Perhaps moving two of those Island mounts to the bow would allow you to place two FC dirrectors on the Island.

That is not easy when you already have stuff on the bow (and the stern as well).. :-/

Messed around with it a bit more...

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 4:33am

I'm suprised Japan isn't using indigenous weapons and Fire Control equipment, and instead somehow aquiring American... (:

I'd also say it seems a bit early for deck-edge lifts, especially in a navy that historically never pursued the concept, especially on what essentially appears to be a close-hangared ship on the British/Taiho models.