You are not logged in.

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 7:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
I'm suprised Japan isn't using indigenous weapons and Fire Control equipment, and instead somehow aquiring American... (:

I'd also say it seems a bit early for deck-edge lifts, especially in a navy that historically never pursued the concept, especially on what essentially appears to be a close-hangared ship on the British/Taiho models.

Also one would think that a 35,000 ton CV (light displacement, bigger than the Essex class) that only has 90 aircraft really shouldn't have the space issue that would require adding a deck edge elevator.

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 11:43am

Quoted

I'm suprised Japan isn't using indigenous weapons and Fire Control equipment, and instead somehow aquiring American... (:

Well, it was easier to use the US 5 inch turrets of the Essex rather than to go look for some Japanese 5 inch turret on another Japanese vessel and the try and resize it over and over again in order to make it the same scale as this picture. Same goes for that FC cupola. Call me lazy. :)
Edit: and Japan is using indigenous weapons and Fire Control equipment. Added a few more of those smaller ones (has gone up from 2 as on the Taiho to 5).

Quoted

I'd also say it seems a bit early for deck-edge lifts, especially in a navy that historically never pursued the concept, especially on what essentially appears to be a close-hangared ship on the British/Taiho models.

Yeah, I think that that is a useless idea. Also looking at it now, I don't like to bulge it so I will need to remove the bulges of the sim anyway (not to mention the few additional guns I threw into the picture which most likely won't have that much of an effect on the hs anyway). Since I would be short on hs at that point and I don't want to cut into other aspects of the carrier, I might as well throw away the hangar armor at that point.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jul 19th 2009, 12:41pm)