You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 5:06pm

Ships on market

Any nations have ships for sale? Filipino hat on.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 5:10pm

Nope.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 5:20pm

IIRC the British were selling or were thinking about selling the R Class BB but I could be wrong. We maybe even will try to buy the Huascar from Peru. We had the Lima for a little bit before trading the ship to Poland. Small ship had four owners in such a short shelf life (Peru, Bharat, Philippines and Poland)

Friday, April 17th 2009, 5:25pm

It depends on what is wanted exactly.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 5:36pm

Germany, with the sale of the Karlsruhe's to Turkey, is pretty much out of used ships to sell.

The US might have some older vessels coming up for sale in the future, though.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:02pm

Following the ABS war the RSAN might sell some ships (from BB to S-Boat). Ask your local SAE weapon dealer if you´re interested in a particular design....

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:08pm

What SAE and Italy have in regard to Capital ships? I was looking around and the Andrea Doria makes some sense for my plans. Will look into the US for CA and the SAE for capital ships.

HoOmAn

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:10pm

Two Konings might be on the marke, cruisers, torpedo boats etc.t....

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

The Dutch might be interested in Koning Wilhelm , and Koning Phillip III, as well as others. As I recall they have little free funds until Q4, though I could probably change that. For that matter I think I still haven't done Q2....need to fix that.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:16pm

Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio will be available for sale or scrapping over the next year as replacement vessels come into service.

HoOmAn

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

The Dutch might be interested in Koning Wilhelm , and Koning Phillip III, as well as others. As I recall they have little free funds until Q4, though I could probably change that. For that matter I think I still haven't done Q2....need to fix that.

The Konings are old but have not seen extensive use during the latest war. I will give a summary report someday....

The Mauritius class vessels are also due to either a complete rebuild or scrap. They have been repeatively damaged and partially repaired during the war. Their machinery is worn out as are the hulls. However, the general basis might be worth a rebuild. Ring a bell if you have interest...

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:38pm

Thanks for the entries but Philippines announces will be the proud owner of the Andrea Doria by Q1 1938 with payment in Q4 1937.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Apr 17th 2009, 7:08pm)

Friday, April 17th 2009, 7:31pm

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

The Konings are old but have not seen extensive use during the latest war. I will give a summary report someday....

The Mauritius class vessels are also due to either a complete rebuild or scrap. They have been repeatively damaged and partially repaired during the war. Their machinery is worn out as are the hulls. However, the general basis might be worth a rebuild. Ring a bell if you have interest...

So how much is the asking price?

Friday, April 17th 2009, 8:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio will be available for sale or scrapping over the next year as replacement vessels come into service.

I don't suppose the historical rebuild is going to be very economical if Bulgaria makes an offer for Duilio...?

Friday, April 17th 2009, 8:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I don't suppose the historical rebuild is going to be very economical if Bulgaria makes an offer for Duilio...?

Well it would be a 75% reconstruction following our rules so around 19000tons. I did have some comparative costs for the reconstructions against the Littorios, this was about 20% which would work out at around 8000tons. Probably better off getting a new ship when it comes to it.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 8:52pm

Sounds like it. The pictures I've seen of the Duilio made her look like a good ship once reconstructed, but... yes, too expensive.

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 12:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

So how much is the asking price?

What ship are we talking about?

By 31-03-36 the RSAN Mauritius is at 93% with damage from Sep 23th only partially repaired (+5%).

By 31-03-36 the RSAN Reunion (or Réunion should you search for entries on the board, both could be valid) is at 90% with damage from the Battle off Porto Alegre only partially repaired (she was down to 80% including torpedo damage and got +10% - more wasn´t affortable due to our repair rules).

I think it is safe to say these two ships have reduced speeds and are not fully capable of wartime service. However, they still represent 38cm armed capital ships probably worth a rebuild.

Both Konings spend the war in the Indian Ocean (home base Port Louis). I rate them as retired and laid up when it became obvious the more modern RSAN battle wagons can deal with the Brazilian and Argentine Navy. Most of their crews will be used to replace losses elsewhere or man new vessels commissioned. There will be an episode about that in one sidestory I´m still writing on.

According to my notes both us remaining Konings are down to 97% due to usual wear while in service and by some lack of maintenance later in the war. Otherwise they are fine escept for their age. Both have been through a complete rebuild in 1928 - please see RSAN encyclopedia for more details.

If you are interested, drop me a PM with your offer.

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 12:38am

Bulgaria might have been interested, but I have a little treaty with a 25,000 ton limit.

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 1:48am

Heh, I was curious if the RSAN had changed marketing strategy. Last times it was cheaper to build new ships than buying SAE rejects...

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 10:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Heh, I was curious if the RSAN had changed marketing strategy. Last times it was cheaper to build new ships than buying SAE rejects...

It´s not a matter of market strategy but of our rules.

Why should a power sell it´s ship without gain beyond scrap value? They could reappear on an enemy´s side for instance. That risk should be paid for.

Without any gain one better scraps them and takes them out of the game if no ally is interested.