You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 4:26am

RE: Additional Philippine Vessels Offered For Sale

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Beyond vessels already offered for sale, the Philippines offers for sale the following:

Agbayani class Minelayer/Fast Transport - two vessels, as is, where is; details may be found here

A bid of 1,400 tons has been offered for the two Agbayani class vessels.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:13pm

RE: Additional Philippine Vessels Offered For Sale

Quoted

Quoted

Beyond vessels already offered for sale, the Philippines offers for sale the following:

Agbayani class Minelayer/Fast Transport - two vessels, as is, where is; details may be found here

A bid of 1,400 tons has been offered for the two Agbayani class vessels.

The bid by Mexico of 1,400 tons for the two vessels in question has been accepted. Delivery will be accomplished in the 1st Quarter of 1942.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:24pm

Fascinating. Doesn't Mexico have some sisterships to that class? I've got a feeling in the back of my head that says they do...

Mexico must be socked in for the next year buying all that stuff from the Philippines! :P

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Fascinating. Doesn't Mexico have some sisterships to that class? I've got a feeling in the back of my head that says they do...

Mexico must be socked in for the next year buying all that stuff from the Philippines! :P

Philippine Naval Intelligence is aware that Mexico does in fact have a pair of half-sisters.

The Philippine Ministry of Finance is does not bother to speculate on Mexico's finances. He's too busy trying to keep the ledgers straight. :rolleyes:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:31pm

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Philippine Naval Intelligence is aware that Mexico does in fact have a pair of half-sisters.

Ah, found them. I was right. :)

Monday, February 13th 2012, 5:11pm

Argentina would have bid but had no spare money and besides felt that a new-built General San Martin equipped for the same role would be more cost effective.

Nice to see the Navies of Mexico and China getting fat with more purchases. I swear both navies must have doubled in size over the past month!

Monday, February 13th 2012, 7:08pm

Bharat has sold CV Aruval, CV Katar, and 4 x G-131 class destroyers to the Consumer's Republic of China for 5,000 t.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 7:19pm

Bharat has sold five G-135 class destroyers to Mexico for 1,000 t. Payment to be received 1943, ships to be transferred in 1942.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 8:01pm

Persia has sold CL Isfahan and CVL Karkas to the Consumer's Republic of China for 2,750 t.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 8:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Consumer's Republic of China

People's Liberation Navy Collectorate? :P

Monday, February 13th 2012, 8:32pm

Maybe. At the moment, Persia can afford to put all its factories into infrastructure construction in 1942. Sales will take care of the ship construction needs.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 9:49pm

After crunching numbers, in the latest shopping spree Mexico will have purchased:

2 BCs
1 CVL
2 ML
61 DDs

And I still got cash leftover...

I'll be scrapping the unrefitted Nordish DDs, but I'll be keeping the other DDs for now. Will also be turning the 6 oldest US built ones to training ships.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 9:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
After crunching numbers, in the latest shopping spree Mexico will have purchased:

2 BCs
1 CVL
2 ML
61 DDs

And I still got cash leftover...

I'll be scrapping the unrefitted Nordish DDs, but I'll be keeping the other DDs for now. Will also be turning the 6 oldest US built ones to training ships.

The Dagupan class CDS are still available... :)

Monday, February 13th 2012, 9:59pm

I think the Ships for Sale thread is updated. You people keep selling ships so fast that I'm not sure any more. :P

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 1:47am

Three light cruisers available now!

The RSAN plans to sell three light cruisers in 1943. Anybody interested in RSAN Santa Fe, RSAN Santa Maria and RSAN Rio Grande should feel invited to contact your local SAE weapon dealer.... :o)

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 5:57pm

The Admiralty intend to decommission (in Q1/42) and sell off the following ships;
HMS General Crawford
HMS Sir John Moore
HMS Gorgon

Details can be found here; Surplus Monitors

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 6:50pm

RE: Three light cruisers available now!

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
The RSAN plans to sell three light cruisers in 1943. Anybody interested in RSAN Santa Fe, RSAN Santa Maria and RSAN Rio Grande should feel invited to contact your local SAE weapon dealer.... :o)

I'm presuming if someone where to buy them they would have to either scrap them or immediately refit them to conform to the rules, or where these "Grandfathered"?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:11pm

They all got a 50% rebuild in 1929. The rebuild was completed in 1930. So when sold in 43, they have two years left until they are in due need for a life extension refit.

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:14pm

Quoted

They all got a 50% rebuild in 1929. The rebuild was completed in 1930. So when sold in 43, they have two years left until they are in due need for a life extension refit.

Was more referring to the part where they don't conform to the Gentleman's Agreement since they're over 4500t std yet built to 0.75 composite.

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

Quoted

Was more referring to the part where they don't conform to the Gentleman's Agreement since they're over 4500t std yet built to 0.75 composite.

Old designs are generally grandfathered in these cases, but any refit would be required to conform to the current rules.