You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 1:12pm

RE: T-1 Class Torpedo Boats

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

The twelve T-1 class torpedo boats of the German Kriegsmarine have been declared surplus to requirements. They will be available for disposal from the 4th Quarter of 1941. Details can be found here.

Considerable interest has been generated in these vessels, and the current high bid is 3,300 tons for all twelve vessels.

Bidding on these vessels continues to be brisk. The current high bid is 3,900 tons.

Current high bid is 4,000 tons.

The latest bid for the twelve T-1 class torpedo boats is 4,020 tons, with payments commencing 4Q41.

Bidding has closed and the twelve vessels in question have been sold to Bulgaria and Turkey.

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 4:07am

Bulgaria and Turkey ran a joint bid?

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 4:17am

Yes. Bulgaria didn't need all twelve but had the money, and Turkey wanted all twelve but lacked the money.

I'd planned for Bulgaria to build a very similar indigenous design in 1942ish - I'd used the T-1 sim to draw up some initial ideas along those lines, but since the originals were for sale, made sense to save some dough.

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 11:16am

Well Turkey probably could have found the tonnage via scrapping but....

Friday, December 9th 2011, 3:42am

Greek Destroyers

Available starting Q4/42 8 Doxa Class, 4 Kondouriotis (Imp. Doxa) Class, and 5 Makriyannis Class destroyers will become surplus to requirement. These vessels will be sold as-is either singularly or in groups.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 7:30pm

Current high bid is 4000t for all 17 vessels.

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 4:17am

High bid is now 4,100t for all 17 ships.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 1:04am

Now 4,500t for all 17.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 7:56am

4600 for all 17

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 4:47pm

The Republic of Peru advises that the following vessels will be surplus to requirements as of 1/1/42:

Atahualpa class battleships: 2 units
Ancash class light cruiser: 1 unit
Colonel Bolognesi class light cruiser: 1 unit
Almirante Guise class anti-aircraft cruiser: 2 units
Terror class destroyers: 4 units
Jaguar class destroyers: 1 unit
Apurimac class destroyers: 3 units

Interested parties are invited to submit tenders. Peru is prepared to entertain offers of material, IP, or other considerations, in one payment or multiple payments.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 4:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
The Republic of Peru advises that the following vessels will be surplus to requirements as of 1/1/42:

Just out of curiosity, which unit of the Ancash class are you selling? The one Peru is building or the one Germany is building for Peru?

?(

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 4:58pm

The old ex-RSAN boat.

It'd be kind of silly to surplus a modern CL that isn't even finished.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 5:00pm

Quoted

Just out of curiosity, which unit of the Ancash class are you selling? The one Peru is building or the one Germany is building for Peru?

?(

I believe it's the Piura-class CL Ancash, link here. When I was helping Alex with the Peruvian reports, I suggested that the new CLs be named Ancash and Amazonas, as Alex wanted to replace the old Ancash; we were thus carrying the name forward on the new ship.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 5:01pm

Quoted

The old ex-RSAN boat.

It'd be kind of silly to surplus a modern CL that isn't even finished.

Ah. Went looking in the Peruvian encyclopedia for "Ancash class" and found only the two new cruisers with that moniker. Hence my confusion.

Stranger things have happened in WW, at least to my mind. But I agree, it would not make much sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 7:21pm

Naw, you're right. Best that it be clarified.

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 8:53pm

The two Salvador Class destroyers of the Marinha Imperial will be up for sale for Q1-42.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 4:38am

...and there's a bid of 900 t on the Terrors and Jaguar.

BBs, CLs, and other DDs still awaiting your offers.

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 2:31am

Turkey would be interested in the Atahualpa's given their calibers match those of current capital ships but there is the matter of already aquiring the British R's.

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 3:13am

Normally I would be disappointed that Turkey is letting practical economics dictate its purchasing decisions, but since Peru would like to get paid, I'll let it pass this time.

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 10:02am

Quoted

Atahualpa class battleships: 2 units
Colonel Bolognesi class light cruiser: 1 unit
Almirante Guise class anti-aircraft cruiser: 2 units
Terror class destroyers: 4 units
Jaguar class destroyers: 1 unit
Apurimac class destroyers: 3 units

Interested parties are invited to submit tenders. Peru is prepared to entertain offers of material, IP, or other considerations, in one payment or multiple payments.

Any prices ???? China may be is interested ...