You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 12:34am

...and puts a thorn in the side of India and China.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 1:57am

Heh at least one of the former Siamese players had aspirations towards parts of Indochina as well, another may have been angling to blackmail the Brits over Burmese supply lines- I wasn't entirely clear. But Siam has been an equal opportunity thorn at times.

Still, once refitted- and payment terms leave Siam some spending $ each Q- to do that with, I don't think there are any glaring needs, so a new person can build as desired.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 2:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Heh at least one of the former Siamese players had aspirations towards parts of Indochina as well, another may have been angling to blackmail the Brits over Burmese supply lines- I wasn't entirely clear. But Siam has been an equal opportunity thorn at times.

Yes, that would be Howard.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 2:05am

...yeah, he was certainly working towards getting Siam stomped by somebody.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 2:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
...yeah, he was certainly working towards getting Siam stomped by everybody.

Fixed! :D

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:24am

No, I bought the Caldwells...

Who bought the 3rd carrier? That's the one I wanted.

Kaiser Kirk

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 8:25am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
No, I bought the Caldwells...

Who bought the 3rd carrier? That's the one I wanted.

Carthaginian has the Caldwells in the Siamese destroyers, noted
"6 x Caldwell class ships will be purchased from the United States in 1936. These vessels will be upgraded to the following specifications at the time of their delivery, and should all enter service by 1937."

As for the 3rd carrier, that would be...oh you should go ask Italy.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 8:44am

Umm...

Mexico Q1/37

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 12:42pm

IIRC what happened was the Carthagian had a deal for the destroyers but he dissappeared by that time. So I guess DF moved in and made an offer and with no response by Siam Hrolf sold the ships to Mexico. instead.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 9:14pm

Quoted

Umm...

Mexico Q1/37

Siam paid 500 tons a quarter for them from Q1 to Q4 of 1936. Mexico paid for them in 1937, by which time they'd already been refitted and sold to Siam.

It appears that neither the Siamese payment nor the Mexican payments are listed in the US sim reports for the same period.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 9:16pm

Also, the Herlocks have now been sold.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 9:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Umm...

Mexico Q1/37

Siam paid 500 tons a quarter for them from Q1 to Q4 of 1936. Mexico paid for them in 1937, by which time they'd already been refitted and sold to Siam.

It appears that neither the Siamese payment nor the Mexican payments are listed in the US sim reports for the same period.

The US robbed Mexico? That is not new. Damn Gringos! Mexico should had learn from that "deal" in 1848 :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Sep 7th 2010, 9:21pm)

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 12:43am

While the payments from Mexico might not be in Hrolf's published reports, I think I have them on the revised ones I've done and that I've been using to calculate my new QR's. I had no idea there were any payments from Siam for anything. I know the US has had deals with Mexico, Ireland, and an upcoming one with Persia. If there are any more, please let me know and I'll update my reports. I'm ready to post 1939 now, but I'll wait till tomorrow to make sure.

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 2:04am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

Quoted

Quoted

Umm...

Mexico Q1/37

The US robbed Mexico? That is not new. Damn Gringos! Mexico should had learn from that "deal" in 1848 :)

Vat? IMO, we didn't take enough. :P

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 2:56am

How about this :
I think with the chaos in Siam, the US may have chosen to sell to an ally instead. The 2000 is apparently in an escrow account and Siam can "spend" that in Q1/1940 ?

If acceptable, a mod should delete carthaginian's entry for the caldwells

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 2:59am

If the current Siam player (you) is fine with that, I'd say the Mods are as well.

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 3:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
If the current Siam player (you) is fine with that, I'd say the Mods are as well.

Sounds good to me. Canis?

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 4:33am

Good with me. And maybe someone pocketed some of the money off books... *foreshadowing*

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 5:53am

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
Good with me. And maybe someone pocketed some of the money off books... *foreshadowing*

Apparently HEBCO's assets have finally been resolved, and funds appropriated from Siam on false basis have been restored....

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Sounds good to me. Canis?

While not an optimal situation, as two buyers for one set of ship- we can't clone them, so ... I'd rather see a current active player (Foxy) get the ships he's thought he had, so long as the NPC I'm custodioning doesn't loose out big picture- and the refund handles that..and makes paying for/upgrading the new ships easier.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Sep 8th 2010, 5:57am)

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 6:15am

Looking trough my PMs for that deal, looks like there was quite a bit of confusion. First I am discussing dealing for the Sampsons cause the Caldwells are going to Siam, then discussing the Caldwells cause the Sampsons are going to Siam.

Quoted

While not an optimal situation, as two buyers for one set of ship- we can't clone them, so ... I'd rather see a current active player (Foxy) get the ships he's thought he had, so long as the NPC I'm custodioning doesn't loose out big picture- and the refund handles that..and makes paying for/upgrading the new ships easier.

There goes my plan to nationalize the Tehuantepec Canal using the theft of Mexican funds by the US as an excuse... :D