You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 11:47pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
You mean on the Richelieu-class? I thought the US made shells during 1944 for the French guns...

I meat the Richelieu. I checked www.navweaps.com it said the same thing you did. Can't remember where I read that about the guns were bored out to 15.0".

I stand corrected:)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Jun 11th 2010, 12:56am)

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 11:51pm

Well, I think they gave it serious consideration, but at that stage, they decided it was cheaper for the US to make new/special shells. Unless I'm mistaken, the only time the US made 15" shells...

Friday, June 11th 2010, 12:09am

Unless you count the Vesuvious' ammo. But those were all subcaliber sabots, iirc

Friday, June 11th 2010, 1:28am

So, what is the cost of boring out guns then?

Friday, June 11th 2010, 2:04am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
So, what is the cost of boring out guns then?

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
Level 3: Major Refits (cost = 25%)
-Alterations to guns of 66mm-195mm not involving barbette alterations: P

Level 4: Partial Reconstruction (cost = 50%)
-Alterations to guns 196mm and larger not involving barbette alterations: P

Is the rule, as far as I can determine

Friday, June 11th 2010, 3:34am

I agree with Shin.

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 1:44pm

Agreed, that's the current rule. Ie, it's way too high for a ship like this, but that's the current rule anyway.

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 7:30pm

That's the case for many modifications, if you're only doing the one alteration. Our RR&R rules encourage drastic and comprehensive refits due to the 'category' pricing....but that's how it is.

Also, there's more to this kind of change than just swapping barrel liners; the breech, shell-handling equipment, and magazines all have to be adjusted to handle the new shells effectively.

Monday, June 14th 2010, 12:17pm

So

you might as well drop new engines in, and any other modifications possible under a 50% rebuild while you're at it.

Monday, June 14th 2010, 5:07pm

That's the flaw, yes, with the way we have these costed now. It encourages additional modifications, because those modifications are "free", a package deal, once you decide to make one modification.

Monday, June 14th 2010, 5:24pm

Well, if you want to do navalism style refits, go right ahead. All I know is that it takes a very long time to figure out costing on those.

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 5:50pm

The CL's Lucknow and Trincomalee will be available for sale starting in Q1 1942. I know is a long ways still but the small nations could adjust their budgets accordingly for two recently refitted ships.

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 2:42pm

DE Ajo, Escabiasa y Cardo for sale by the Philippines. Ships have not being refitted.

Four DM of the Pagalo Class for sale.

CE Bugsuk for sale.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 20th 2010, 2:54pm)

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 3:46pm

Looks like I'll have to save my poor Nisshin there. :)

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 3:14pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
DE Ajo, Escabiasa y Cardo for sale by the Philippines. Ships have not being refitted.

Four DM of the Pagalo Class for sale.

CE Bugsuk for sale.

With offers being slow units were taken off the market and scrapped instead.

Monday, June 28th 2010, 1:48pm

Because there is no offer, the Chinese HQ has decided to scrap this two ships with the beginning of Q3/1939:

PC Chao Ho laid down in 1910, gets regular maintenence but no refit
PC Ying Jui laid down 1912, refited 1924 (not re-engined)

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 9:41pm

"Come and get 'em! Come and get 'em!
New Super Shave razors!
Just in from China!"

"Come and get 'em! Come and get 'em!
New Super Sword Shave razors!
Just in from the Philippines!"

Meanwhile rumors circulate about the remaining two R Class dreadnoughts floating in Gosport.

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 10:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Meanwhile rumors circulate about the remaining two R Class dreadnoughts floating in Gosport.

No room to put the Rs in Gosport. They'd be across the way alongside Portsmouth or further up the harbour by Priddy's Hard. Saw one of the Type 45s coming into harbour this afternoon - probably Dauntless.

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 10:30pm

That's why its rumor... :D

Actually I say that but probably I'd park them in the Med somewhere so they don't detoriate too much before someone stumps up some cash.

I don't think the second-hand BB market is all that strong. Many nations are tied up without loose capital to flash about.

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 10:38pm

When there is two dreadnoughts, the two Caio Duilio's, on the market, two super-dreadnoughts, the two Rs, a "treaty battleship", the Francesco Caracciolo, and a four year old CDBB, the Kornilov, on the market, and nobody's bitten yet, it's a bear market.....most of the powers that would be able to afford these and want these are tied up getting new shiny destroyers and cruisers at the moment.

Just saying.... :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Jul 1st 2010, 10:42pm)