You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 7th 2019, 10:08pm

First of all I don't see anyone being "so desirous of exploiting NPC's", please read my post again and secondly no ones even mentioned rules for selling to NPC's so why bring that up?

Hood scripset above:

Quoted

Whats the worry, we could decide a scrap value +5% or 10% profit NPC sale rule.

The topic of a rule was raised, and addressed. I too do not see anyone being particularly desirous of exploiting NPCs at this point, but if we were to incorporate a rule, there might be.

Thursday, August 8th 2019, 9:58am

My idea was just a suggestion in case people were worried about excess profit.
I don't think the appetite for NPC sales is there. Given there are only potentially 6 quarters of the sim left it seems pointless to bother too much about it. Rules changes now are not worth it.

Thursday, August 8th 2019, 12:31pm

Given there are only potentially 6 quarters of the sim left

Great, I'd somehow avoided realizing that. Now I'm depressed. :(

Thursday, August 8th 2019, 5:57pm

N-verse seems to have finally gotten off to a good start finally. They only have 5 active players at the moment and I think they are in 1911 currently...

Thursday, August 8th 2019, 8:42pm

Perhaps a merger of players/sims could be arranged if 7 players is slow for them, it seems slow for us most of the time. We could always reset back to the year 1918 or even earlier (pre WW-1) when this timeline ends.

Friday, August 9th 2019, 10:14am

I know I've said this before, and others disagreed, but I think the appetite for naval RPGs like these has gone. We have 3-5 active players, N-Verse has 5, most of whom used to be active here and the pace of activety there looks even slower than here! That's hardly encouraging.
World of Warships with its fancy graphics has probably stolen a lot of the younger would-be naval RPG players away from rather duller spreadsheet and text based RPGs like ours.
Over at Shipbucket we have dozens of artists creating quite wonderful AU scenarios, some use Springsharp but generally the focus is on the art and the drawbacks of Springsharp are much more evident and of course its development ended over a decade ago now. It hasn't been helped that some naval history sites like Warships Discussion 3.0 have disappeared without replacement, some of the membership have migrated to Secret Projects, Akos has his own excellent wordpress site, All the World's Battlecruisers is still going but activity is very low but there is some great discussion there.
I've tried several times to encourage cross-over from other sites but we've never been able to recruit new players and it seems like N-Verse hasn't either.

Friday, August 9th 2019, 5:55pm

Just for myself, I'd enjoy a Wesworld II sim with a historical (or close-to-historical) scenario starting in 1890. But discussion of that topic is best saved for another thread, I think.

Monday, August 12th 2019, 12:14am

The eight ships of the Tiente Vazquez II class of destroyers of the Peruvian Navy have been sold to Japan.

Monday, August 12th 2019, 1:33pm

Just for myself, I'd enjoy a Wesworld II sim with a historical (or close-to-historical) scenario starting in 1890. But discussion of that topic is best saved for another thread, I think.

Same do i !!! May be we can discuss it in the Wesworld 2 Folder

Monday, October 21st 2019, 10:03am

From Q3/1949 Belgium will have the cruiser Wandelaar available for sale.
Can't imagine many takers for this odd cruiser but the offer is there. If no-one buys it I'll probably turn it into an accommodation hulk.

http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/index.php?pag…7692#post137692

Monday, October 21st 2019, 9:27pm

ShinRa might be interested, it is an Australian design after all and I think her half-sisters are still in Australian service.

Tuesday, October 22nd 2019, 4:19am

Thailand would have been interested if we weren't already building a full class of almost identical ships that have our own guns, engines, and other logistics.

Sunday, November 10th 2019, 3:17pm

Wandelaar has now been sold to Indochina.