You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 11th 2009, 9:51pm

Time for a Unified WWTL (pre-1921)

Since the pre-1921 WWTL seems to be in flux its perhaps time for a Unified Timeline?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 12:25am

I've always thought it would be nice to have a consolidated list of what folks thought their nations did in the Great War era.

For example :
Dutch
The Dutch were neutral - historical.

They were blockaded along with Germany by the Brits - historical

They negotiated and took up administration of much of occupied Belgium, separating the Germans and Belgians- ahistorical.

They were invaded by India. With the home fleet blockaded, unable to retake Adamans, US negotiated peace- ahistorical.

Offered sanctuary to Kaiser Wilhelm II, ticking off allies- historical

They offered Dutch Guiana and Kongo as settlement locations for Germans displaced by the new borders post-war- ahistorical

Belgium
Invaded by Germany, the Belgian army under Albert fought bravely. - historical.

German outrages incised populance - historical.

Dutch intervention prevented outrages from continuing, brought peace to occupied Belgium, alienated Allies and King Albert - ahistorical

Luxembourg
Historical

Kongo
Kongo was neutral - ahistorical

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Apr 12th 2009, 2:34am)

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 12:46am

As far as I know, it is a unified timeline....we just remember to add things to it as the present storylines require it. If you mean writing it all down in a central location...sounds good on the surface, but that can mean spending quite a bit of time rewriting history; we could very well end up spending months (or years) just establishing the pre-1920 world history, specially where things get more and more divergent (ie; Atlantis, South Africa, Japan's divergent fall into Anime physics and economy, overthrowing the Goa'uld, etc, etc.).

I had to do some fidgeting with the Chanak Crisis and some other things back when I set up Canada. I did a fair accounting job of recent history divergences back in my first news post. the Chanak fix was the only thing that really affected anyone else tho.

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 1:37am

Our Timeline:
- 1912-1913: Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece, and Montenegro fight the first Balkan War against Turkey.
- 1913: Bulgaria fights the Second Balkan War against Turkey, Serbia, Greece, Montenegro, and Romania.
- 1915: Bulgaria enters WWI as a Central Power
- 1918: Bulgaria surrenders to Allies after French, British, and Greek armies invade.
- 1919: Treaty of Neuilly limits Bulgaria's borders and their army.
- 1934: Bulgaria abstains from the Balkan Pact.
- 1938: Bulgaria resets relations with Greece and Yugoslavia, and signs nonaggression pact with Turkey. Around this time Bulgaria abrogates the Treaty of Neuilly.
- 1940: Bulgaria receives Dobruja back from Romania.

Possible Timeline #1:
- 1912-1913: First Balkan War, as historical.
- 1913: Second Balkan War, as historical.
- 1915: Bulgaria joins Central Powers.
- 1916: Atlantis, France, Britain and Greece defeat Ottomans and invade southern Bulgaria. Bulgaria surrenders.
- 1919: Treaty of Neuilly (as historical).
- 1920s: Allies drop the Treaty of Neuilly for some reason.

Possible Timeline #2:
- 1912-1913: First Balkan War, as historical.
- 1913: Larger Bulgarian losses in Second Balkan War; Alternate Treaty of Neuilly signed.
- 1915: Pressure by Allies+neutral Greece convinces Bulgaria to remain neutral.
- 1919: Internal political pressure results in Tsar Ferdinand's abdication
- 1925: Greece, Yugoslavia, and Romania terminate Alternate Treaty of Neuilly.

My biggest difficulty in all of these timelines is that Bulgaria bought the Philippine predreadnought Angeles in 1926. That's a massive aberration from the Treaty of Neuilly, and when the previous Bulgarian player inquired about it, the decision came down that Neuilly was ended before the battleship was purchased in 1926.

If Bulgaria participated in WWI, then they made off like a bandit to get Neuilly dropped like a hot potato. If Bulgaria did not participate in WWI, then they had a worse Second Balkan War.

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 3:59am

Russia is historical

until March 1917, when Kerensky got a clue and made a separate peace.

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 8:04am

Timeline #1 is possible, but as Brock mentioned, how then did the Bulgarians get out of the Treaty of Neuilly.

Timeline #2 is better, and most of the territory lost in Neuilly was in the hands of the respective nations in 1913.

One question I have to ask would be the date of the fall of Constantinople, because if it is earlier than the Brusilov Offensive, than that is a justifiable reason for an earlier Romanian entry into the war, which has the potenital to change things, especially if the Romanians begin their offensive into Transylvannia while the Russians are begining the Brusilov Offensive.

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 4:39am

This map explains everything (Greece in relation to evryone else)

http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/2009/04…e-beyond-ascii/

Cheers,