You are not logged in.

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 10:58pm

I got me a new (to me) toy!!!!!

...and if I'm not careful, she could get me into a lot of trouble, REAL fast!!!!!

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 11:30pm

RE: I got me a new (to me) toy!!!!!

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
...she could get me into a lot of trouble, REAL fast!!!!!

Pun intended, eh? :D

[SIZE=1]Just remember: some of the most common last words are "Hey darlin', hold my beer and watch this!" (Soon to be followed by "Oh $#!*!!")[/SIZE]

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 11:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
...and if I'm not careful, she could get me into a lot of trouble, REAL fast!!!!!

Would you like to pay the fines in cash or plastic...
:D

Nice looking machine

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 12:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Would you like to pay the fines in cash or plastic...
:D

I don't think the cops here would offer that choice.....
More like "Do you have bus fare home sir?"

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 1:49am

Sweet ride Mac!

Looks like someone will have a very enjoyable summer!

A 600 huh?, just the right size mefinks!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 6:05am

That´s a two-seater, right?

So will Lady Green ride with you or do you have finally reached that age where men do buy bikes to impress some young damsels....

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 12:48pm

Its a very nice bike. One of my friends has an older one I've been miles on the back of. I can't say that the pillion is particularly comfortable though. My bike is getting on a bit at the moment and giving a little trouble so I'm thinking of upgrading after university. There's a very nice second hand Ducati ST3 in a shop near me that I'm sorely tempted by, but I think it's just a bit too expensive.

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 7:34pm

RE: Sweet ride Mac!

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Looks like someone will have a very enjoyable summer!

A 600 huh?, just the right size mefinks!

I can only live in hope of a good summer, but the weather has been great for the last few days.....

As for size, it's about the most practical size; plenty of power, and reasonably economical to use.

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 7:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
That´s a two-seater, right?

So will Lady Green ride with you or do you have finally reached that age where men do buy bikes to impress some young damsels....

Lady Green would give me a right earful if I didn't take her places on it!!

We're planning on Galway by bike for Easter, a nice spin to work out the cobwebs!!

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 7:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Its a very nice bike. One of my friends has an older one I've been miles on the back of. I can't say that the pillion is particularly comfortable though. My bike is getting on a bit at the moment and giving a little trouble so I'm thinking of upgrading after university. There's a very nice second hand Ducati ST3 in a shop near me that I'm sorely tempted by, but I think it's just a bit too expensive.

I can't get over how much more nimble it is, compared to the Bros. LG seems to like the pillion saddle; but then again, she is probably still suffering from "post traumatic numb bum" after riding around on the tiny pillion saddle of the Bros. Should the PTNB wear off, I have found a place in France that will custom build a
more heavily cushioned saddle (see here!).

P.S. LOVE the deep throaty drone from a Ducati!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Apr 2nd 2009, 7:42pm)

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 7:49pm

I'm surprised its more nimble than the Bros, then again you've got about three times the power. My bike is pretty good on the handling front for the roads round here (I've a GPZ 500 at the moment), a little dab on the back brake and the back end nicely slides out into the corners. its happy running at 4000rpm but lacks power until 8000rpm+ which is too bloody fast unless you're in first or second all the time.