You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 12:03pm

Chinese Naval Developments – Q1/1937:

A. Industiral Allocation

Stockpile after Q4/1936: 991tons

11/11 factories (non-fixed) to naval materials: 11000 tons created for Q1/1937

used at Tianjin (Taku) 3297tons
used at Shanghai 2599tons
used at Zhanjiang 600tons
used at Kao-hsiung 300tons
used at Taipei 1500tons
used at Dairen 1000tons

used for small vessels 579tons

used for Transaction 1760tons

warmaterial recycling 0tons (first quarter)
warmaterial recycling 0tons (second quarter)

=> 11000tons (manufactured) + 991tons (stockpiled) + 0tons (recycled) - 1760tons (transaction) = 10231tons

Stockpile after Q1/1937: 356tons

B. Infrastructure Development

C. Naval Construction

Bohai Shipbuilding at Tianjin:
Type 2 slip HICMS Xiangtan; 7240tons needed; 1000tons received
Type 1 slip APD-3; 860tons needed; 350tons received; launched
Type 1 slip APD-2; 860tons needed; 350tons received; launched
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 1 drydock not in use
Type 0 drydock not in use
Type 0 drydock not in use

Freefloating / in completation:
CL HICMS Guilin; 1299tons needed; 1299tons received; finished; start trials
U-14; 149tons needed; 149tons received; finished; start trials
U-15; 149tons needed; 149tons received; finished; start trials

Kiangnan Dock & Engineering Works at Shanghai:
Type 2 slip not in use
Type 1 slip Huangfen 611; 1167tons needed; 300tons received
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 3 drydock not in use
Type 2 drydock M-Class; reserved name [HICMS Maoming]; 9049tons needed; 1000tons received

CL HICMS Hong Ming; 1299tons needed; 1299tons received; finished; start trials

Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding at Zhanjiang:
Type 1 slip not in use
Type 0 slip Huangshi 400; 747tons needed; 300tons received; launched
Type 0 slip Huangshi 401; 747tons needed; 300tons received; launched
Type 1 drydock not in use

Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding at Kaoshiun:
Type 0 drydock: not in use
Type 1 drydock: Huangfen 612; 1167tons needed; 300tons received

Quindao Beihai Shipbuilding at Taipei:
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 0 slip not in use
Type 2 drydock: reserverd for Persia
Type 3 drydock: not in use

CV HICMS Fuzhou; 4507tons needed; 1500tons received

Zjiangjin Shipbuilding at Dairen:
Type 1 drydock: not in use
Type 2 drydock: M-Class Cruiser; reserved name [HICMS Migong]; 9049tons needed; 1000tons received

D. Transactions
1760tons to SAE for building CLAA36

E. Other Notes

F. Small vessels
Zigong-Class light Displacement: 95tons
Zigong 101
Zigong 102
Zigong 103

Shokai-Class light Displacement: 98tons
Shokai 200
Shokai 201
Shokai 202

G. Shakedown cruises
small trials (ships under 499tons) = 3 month:
PB Dagu 313 finished trials; taken in service
PB Dagu 314 finished trials; taken in service
U-10 finished trials; taken in service
U-11 finished trials; taken in service
U-12 finished trials; taken in service
U-13 finished trials; taken in service

great trials (ships over 500tons) = 6 month:
HICMS APD-1 finished trials; taken in service
Huangfen 610 finished trials; taken in service
HSCV HICMS Zhuhai finished trials; taken in service

######################
hope there is no fault in my report
######################

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 2:56pm

Where did the two new factories come from?

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:09pm

The annexation of part of Chosen?

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:43pm

Yes. A good thing you mentioned it. Dairen and its facilities have been removed from the Chosen Q1/1937 report.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:52pm

Okay, so Chosen drops from four factories to two. I expected that was what happened, but the Q1/37 Chosen report didn't show it so I wasn't certain.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 4:22pm

The whole Idea of the Chosen-ians (Koreans) willingly joining China.........

It ranks up there with such notable amalgamations as...
Canada joining the US,
Rep Of Ireland joining UK,
New Zealand joining Australia,
Poland joining Germany
Finland joining Sweden,
Brazil joining Argentina,
Japan joining China,

....need I continue?

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 4:40pm

Actually it is the Chinese willingly joining the Chinese. :)

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 4:57pm

It is kinda tough to swallow, though. That's why SATSUMA could only work in a game-world: inter-Asian racism was quite powerful, just as potent as Western racism towards Asia... and Asian racism towards the West.

I really would be interested to see what sort of philosophical backstory got the Asian members of SATSUMA to drop their "internal" Asian racism, start working together, and instead concentrate on the anti-Western racism. That sort of shift would need to be a nigh-epic sea change in ethical and moral attitudes of the day. We barely even see that level of understanding today, after all. Is there some great Chinese, or Japanese, or Indian philosophical scientist who enlightened the cultural elites? Was there a grand statesman who listened to him and then said "I have a dream..."? I'd almost say there has to be a few of both...

(This isn't, BTW, meant as any sort of anti-SATSUMA blargish, so don't get offended.)

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 5:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Actually it is the Chinese willingly joining the Chinese. :)

So why did Chosen exist if it was just another part of China?

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 5:42pm

Quoted

That's why SATSUMA could only work in a game-world: inter-Asian racism was quite powerful, just as potent as Western racism towards Asia... and Asian racism towards the West.

Who says inter-Asian racism exists in Wesworld? Perhaps it does, but perhaps it is not that powerful at all and perhaps anti-Western feelings are a lot stronger and overshadow any existing inter-Asian racism.

Quoted

Was there a grand statesman who listened to him and then said "I have a dream..."?

Yes, there was but the Dream was a dubious one...

:D

Quoted

Because Chosen is not a part of China. (Does it still make sense? :) )

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 5:53pm

(Notes that...

Armenian, Latvian, and Lithuanian territories have not been annexed to Russian Federation, and that factories have not been added to Russian Federation production totals, though Latvia has built a small coast defense fleet-i.e. no 20,000+ton aircraft carriers or 34-knot battlecruisers with 305mm guns)

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 6:01pm

Quoted

Quoted

That's why SATSUMA could only work in a game-world: inter-Asian racism was quite powerful, just as potent as Western racism towards Asia... and Asian racism towards the West.

Who says inter-Asian racism exists in Wesworld?

That's exactly my point - it doesn't appear to exist, and certainly doesn't drive the various national policies like it did in real life.

Quoted

Perhaps it does, but perhaps it is not that powerful at all and perhaps anti-Western feelings are a lot stronger and overshadow any existing inter-Asian racism.

And that's fine if it does; it's an alternate history, after all. I am just curious as to the point of departure - after all, the Asians in OTL never managed to cooperate, even though their list of grievances against the West was an order of magnitude longer than in WW.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 6:21pm

Quoted

That's exactly my point - it doesn't appear to exist, and certainly doesn't drive the various national policies like it did in real life.

You are right Brock. It doesn't exist !. And that's the reason why the various national policies drive different from the real life !

Quoted

And that's fine if it does; it's an alternate history, after all. I am just curious as to the point of departure - after all, the Asians in OTL never managed to cooperate, even though their list of grievances against the West was an order of magnitude longer than in WW.

Let us see what the future will bring ;)

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 7:30pm

Sooo if inter-Asian racism doesn't exist (and I'll sell you a bridge or two if you really believe that) than who's to say the Asian country's afilliated with Europe are equally obivious to any racism towards Europe?

Its interesting to note that alliances such as Turkey/Bulgaria and the UK/Germany have certainly showed that miss-trust or a small level of hostility can exist between allies.

I'm not trying to jump on the band wagon here but I see a serious cop out here. No Inter-Asian racism is far too conveinient when you plan is to "free" Asia from European influence and this Influence is also used as an excuse to disqualify certain Asian nations from ligitimate land claims, re French indochina's claims on the Paracels.

Though if this is truely believed by some then perhaps the merger of Colombia into the Atlantean confederation via Venezuela wouldn't be such a stretch after all.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 8:25pm

Quoted

Quoted

Because Chosen is not a part of China. (Does it still make sense? :) )

So if it wasn't Chinese, how is it Chinese chosing to join China?

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 8:29pm

I can accept that the Asians have started to discard inter-Asian racism in this setting - I just want to know how and why. I don't think that's an unreasonable point to look for explanation. After all, Parador says it doesn't exist; therefore that requires a point-of-departure.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 8:51pm

Maybe I used a bit indistinct words. Of course, there is an Inter-Asian racism, but by far not the extent as it was in real life.

And like you said, there can also exist a disagreement between two allies without put the whole Alliance into question.

China respects the claims of other nations on different territories in asia. That's why China brought it to the LoN. And that's why first talks between China and France, or French Indochina will be be place in the next future.

Chosen and China had always in the past very close contacts. Thus, the contract between
China and Chosen just the logical consequence of a centuries-long route.

By the way, it's funny that only European nations are afraid of this development.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Mar 24th 2009, 9:11pm)

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 9:12pm

Quoted

So if it wasn't Chinese, how is it Chinese chosing to join China?

... can't think of anything to make it more confusing... :)

Everything that is above the historical China-Korea border that is marked on the Wesworld map as Chosen is former Chinese territory and the people who live in that part are all Chinese. It is that part that was returned to China.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 9:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
By the way, it's funny that only European nations are afraid of this development.

'Afraid' is not the correct term. Bemused, perhaps.

But then again, I was told back in Q3/36 (by Howard, of all people) that this particular plan was on the books, so I wasn't surprised when it finally happened. He seemed to think (or implied to me) that China was getting all of Chosen, though.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 9:28pm

-....quietly annexes the rest of North America while everyone's distracted-