You are not logged in.

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 3:55pm

Hmm, Kirk not worried about Nordmark resenting the use of their designs?

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 4:09pm

eh what, theres no Nordish crates there!

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 4:18pm

Oh, sorry just that people were upset but about borrowing Soviet designs but if you dont mind the use VL Pyörremyrsky

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Mar 2nd 2009, 4:40pm)

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 4:36pm

Question on the B.137 picture: why does it look like it's switched from using a V-12 to an inverted V-12?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 4:48pm

Vukovlad's right, for some reason I think of Nordmark as just Sweden and Norway, not Finland as well, Normally I'm good about checking before... but as Earl doesn't seem to mind, I get off the hook this time.

As to why it switched, I was looking for a sleek inline airframe folks might not be too familiar with, that wasn't already a PC nation (see above), wasn't worried about if it quite matched the plane. Besides, the intent was that B-137 is not a version of the B-135, but a new plane with a new engine. I simply used the B-135 specs and expanded them for continuity with an actual avia product.

Should give nations without domestic air manufacturing a decent plane to pick up without any strings attached. Engine, supercharger and airframe all have some room to improve as well.

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 5:20pm

Heh, if you hadn't pinched the Pyörremyrsky, I would have eventually done it! I never encountered that picture, though. Makes the plane look good.

I didn't realize until I saw the picture that the B-137 is a completely different beastie. Bulgaria's DAR/Avia will be interested to convert to B-137 production as soon as the B-135s on order for the Suspiciously-Well-Armed-Royal-Flying-Club-of-Hungary are finished in December. In the meantime, Bulgaria orders two Avia-built B-137s for flight evaluation...

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 5:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Heh, if you hadn't pinched the Pyörremyrsky, I would have eventually done it! I never encountered that picture, though. Makes the plane look good.

Well its smaller brother the Puuska is still up for grabs

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 6:36pm

I might have to grab the puuska, seems like a good design, and I could do with another fighter line, just to make things interesting

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 7:24pm

Since its yours you have first choice... BTW will you be using the B-18, J-22 & (J)L-23?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Mar 2nd 2009, 7:28pm)

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 8:09pm

Erm, B-18 and J22 are both highly likely, the J(L)23 is not likely to be used, so is up for grabs.

The J22 will likely emerge with a bigger engine, and the B-18 will be announced as the next Medium bomber type.

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 12:30am

And another thread is derailed...

Sorry Hood

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 11:38pm

If there is still some slots open, Romania and Poland would like to enter, with a single IAR 80 and a PZL P.50 each, although I will have to think up some pilot names and info.

The FAB would be interested as well, although it doesn't really have any planes that are suitable at the moment.

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 9:11am

I think I've got about four slots left.

I've several offers I need to update my spreadsheet to be exactly sure.

Bulgaria is now sending two pilots, plus Kirk's other two so I think four slots are left.

The last twin-engined slot has been filled now so single-seaters only please.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 5:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

Bulgaria is now sending two pilots, plus Kirk's other two so I think four slots are left.

Kongo can be bumped for Romania and Poland if it comes to that.

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 6:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

Kongo can be bumped for Romania and Poland if it comes to that.

As can Byzantium though that would open up a twin engine fighter slot.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 8:55pm

Two slots left.

CG, Canadian, let me know as soon as you can if you want to enter still. I will drop the Kongo team to make space if you wish or reduce it to a one-plane team. Two is the max it doesn't mean every team has to enter two planes if you don't want to.

Friday, March 6th 2009, 1:32am

For Iberia, returning for a second year,
- Major José María Bravo Fernandez-Hermosa, Ejército del Aire Advanced Air Combat School, flying a He-112I

Also returning for a second year,
- Capt. Fernando Sanchez-Arjona Courtoy, Ejército del Aire Flight Testing squadron, flying a He-112I

For Denmark, returning for a second year,
Capt. Andreas Schrieber, C.O. 1st Fighter Squadron, flying a Falcon MkII

But a new face, Lt. Bo Qvist, 1st Fighter Squadron, flying a Falcon MkII, current holder of the King's Airmanship Trophy.

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 11:42am

ALL ENTRIES NOW CLOSED

Due to group spacing etc there are 49 slots so Majoor Theodore Kimbangu can stay in the contest.

Work will nw begin on the report. Looks like another good year with lots of evenly matched planes and maybe some surprises too.

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 11:20pm

Is it because I is needing something to do that doesn't involve propellers or submarines.

Pretty much Macchi C.200 with Alfa-Romeo 135 instead of Fiat A.74. Its a bit bigger but should still fit. Tail area probably should be increased a bit.

Friday, March 13th 2009, 8:54am

Looks a nice neat fit, can't say I've ever found the C.200/202 series visually attractive but this gets the closest.