You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 5:27am

Armenia and Azerbaijan News, 1937

January 18 - Armenia
The Armenian government announced that it was funding a Russian destroyer as a gift to show Armenian thanks to their northern neighbor for Russian support during the recent Caucasus Crisis. The new destroyer, under construction at Rostov, has been named the Gift of Armenia by request of the Armenian government.

March 1 - Azerbaijan
The Azeri Air Force announced that it would be replacing obsolescent types with aircraft newly purchased by oil revenues. Azerbaijan's Avia B.534s have been retired and gifted to the Saudi Airforce, and will be replaced by Ripon-Bloch 132 Renegades. The old Polikarpov R-5 biplanes and Airco DH9 bombers have also been retired in favor of Accrisius DB-2 "Wraiths" and Banshee dive-bombers.

When foreign journalists asked about the purchases, the Defense Minister noted that Azerbaijan was merely replacing obsolescent equipment following a national defense review conducted in the aftermath of the Caucasus Crisis. "We need to keep up with the times," the Defense Minister said. "We need to maintain our self-defense capabilities despite the expense."

March 2 - Azerbaijan
The Azeri government announced that it had created an official sanctuary for endangered wildlife, including the Caspian Tiger and the Karabakh Horse. (The two will not share the same terrain, of course.) Poaching in these sanctuaries is subject to severe punishments, with the Azeri Minister of Natural Resources saying that he'd personally make a eunuch of anyone who dares poach in the sanctuaries. When reporters asked for clarification, the Minister hinted darkly, "A rope with a steel hook, and a Karabakh horse to pull it..."

8o

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:03pm

Hmm, Persia will not be pleased by that gift to the Saudis (not sure how India, UKN and UK feels about Azeri meddling in that area).

As for the nature reserves a joint crossborder area is something that Persia would be interested in.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
As for the nature reserves a joint crossborder area is something that Persia would be interested in.

I think Azerbaijan actually has some historical parklands for just such a nature sactuary - I think I looked at a map of them a few months back and thought most of them were in the central or northern part of the country, where there's more mountainous terrain suitable for such a parkland.

If any Azeri parklands adjoin Persian parklands, then the Azeri government will consider the security ramifications inherent in such a suggestion.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:23pm

Quoted

Hmm, Persia will not be pleased by that gift to the Saudis (not sure how India, UKN and UK feels about Azeri meddling in that area).

I guess we wouldn't want the Saudi's being able to defend themselves now would we!

Turkey has no issue with it, afterall both country's are Sunni muslims (even if the Turks practice the religion on a less finatical level). I do know the UKN wouldn't have any issues either and I doubt the UK would worry about a few fighters.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:30pm

They're just fighters. Not like the Saudis could use them for much besides air defense.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:37pm

Pretty much Bharat just donates some aircrafts to Hedjaz and end of issue on our side.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

I guess we wouldn't want the Saudi's being able to defend themselves now would we!

Turkey has no issue with it, afterall both country's are Sunni muslims (even if the Turks practice the religion on a less finatical level). I do know the UKN wouldn't have any issues either and I doubt the UK would worry about a few fighters.

Considering that the Saudi Air Force after all donations by various countries are far bigger than the Persian not to mention the Hedjaz Air force i would expect some kind of reaction at least from India. that Turkey as the self proclaimed protector of all Sunnies doesn´t have a problem with it is hardly surprising

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:49pm

Bharat beat up Saudis before and they can do it again it they get too frisky. The deal between Hedjaz and the EAR at least ensures ground forces in case of an attack in a pinch plus any attack to our bases still in the country will serve as a cause belli to intervene.

Keeping a balance to both sides for now should be enough. I guess I better post the donation of 32 fighters to Hedjaz. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 6th 2009, 6:55pm)

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Bharat beat up Saudis before and they can do it again it they get too frisky. The deal between Hedjaz and the EAR at least ensures ground forces in case of an attack in a pinch plus any attack to our bases still in the country will serve as a cause belli to intervene.

Keeping a balance to both sides for now should be enough. I guess I better post the donation of 32 fighters to Hedjaz. :rolleyes:

Hell Turkey can play that game too, I have plenty of aircraft I could donate but that would just be just obvious. Never the less I could restore the true balance of power in the region, not the one Persia or India wishes to see.

I doubt India could beat up on the Saudi's unoposed like they did last time, they had passive support from Turkey whom expected India to acctually improve the nations standing afterwords, only to watch them opertunistically carve up the region.

Without that Turkish support along with Dutch interest in the Saudi's plight, India will have a much harder time.....and lets not forget other nations are keeping an eye on India/Persia after their escapades in Pakistan and Afganistan along with Persia trying to find ways to reconquor Armenia Azerbaijan.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:19pm

We will not start anything. We got what we wanted. But rest assured any attack against Hedjaz will be responded in kind by their protector Bharat and the EAR.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:19pm

OOC: Heh, I guess my plan to poke Persia into a tiff worked. I knew it wouldn't take any effort. The Azeris are pretty darn distrustful of Persia and India right now, and Persia just bought eighty new dive-bombers. Azerbaijan picking up some new kites and foisting the old ones off on the Saudis gives a more humorous response than rattling sabers or calling the Persian Shah "His Imperial Majesty, the Concubine of Bharat".

And I haven't even gotten to the rest of my 1937 Caucasus news! :D

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:27pm

Quoted

We will not start anything. We got what we wanted. But rest assured any attack against Hedjaz will be responded in kind by their protector Bharat and the EAR.

If you mean an emaciated kingdom of Saud you'd be right. Turkey however has not seen India live up to the promises it has made of turning the region into a better place.

Its not about threatening the Hedjaz. Its about helping the Saudi's protect what India wishes to destroy. India's actions of transfering fighters to the Hedjaz amounts to further shoring up of their oppressive rule in the region and not "maintaining the balance of power" that India dictates.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:31pm

Germany would be asking if anyone wants a sausage, but is rather more concerned with what's going on in the Balkans at the moment.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

If you mean an emaciated kingdom of Saud you'd be right. Turkey however has not seen India live up to the promises it has made of turning the region into a better place.

Its not about threatening the Hedjaz. Its about helping the Saudi's protect what India wishes to destroy. India's actions of transfering fighters to the Hedjaz amounts to further shoring up of their oppressive rule in the region and not "maintaining the balance of power" that India dictates.

Is better on Hedjaz. :D

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:42pm

Sure, if the Hedjaz shares the same delusion that India believes. Unfortunately India is failing to read the tea leaves right. They've failed to live up to expectations in the region.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:45pm

Sure, whatever. The reason is strategic. what happens in the region is irrelevant to us. We are officially out of there.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:50pm

If so why feel threatened about the transfer of a few fighters? Your basically saying you've created a mess in the ME and then decided to leave, its their problem, but since the Saudi's aquired fighters for self defence its all a sudden a move against the Hedjaz and India will stomp a mudhole in the region.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Germany would be asking if anyone wants a sausage, but is rather more concerned with what's going on in the Balkans at the moment.

I hope they aren't PORK sausages!!!!

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:54pm

No. we will to keep Hedjaz strong enough, that's all. The rest is irrelevant. If saudi stays a forgotten hole on the middle of the desert we will be happy with it but Turkey and Dutch continue to feed them weapons. We have to keep our puppet well armed as you keep your puppet well armed. That is all.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 7:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

I hope they aren't PORK sausages!!!!

Heh. Most of them would be, but I'm sure we can find one or two kinds that aren't. :)